ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by 1989 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:28 am
I reserve the right to judge Dick et al next May or even this August if necessary, however i am growing more concerned, keeping Xhaka worries me because he has shown nothing except consistently being fit to play for us yet a new contract indicates the Manager is willing to work with him and therefore presumably thinks he can improve him, fuck knows how....... :rubchin:
Probably because Le Clown didn't know how to use Xhaka. He was a top player in the Bundesliga before shit for brains got his hands on him.

I suggest waiting and seeing how Dick uses him before reaching swift conclusions.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

1989 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:00 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
I reserve the right to judge Dick et al next May or even this August if necessary, however i am growing more concerned, keeping Xhaka worries me because he has shown nothing except consistently being fit to play for us yet a new contract indicates the Manager is willing to work with him and therefore presumably thinks he can improve him, fuck knows how....... :rubchin:
Probably because Le Clown didn't know how to use Xhaka. He was a top player in the Bundesliga before shit for brains got his hands on him.

I suggest waiting and seeing how Dick uses him before reaching swift conclusions.
OK so the idiot didn't use the clown properly i agree, it still does not explain his individually woeful performances, he is still a highly paid experienced footballer and therefore should be able to do, you know, normal footbally things..... :roll:

And therefore this leaves us with currently Elneny as our 'DM' until someone is signed, i suppose people will start making excuses for him next :roll:

Post by 1989 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:19 am
1989 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:00 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

OK so the idiot didn't use the clown properly i agree, it still does not explain his individually woeful performances, he is still a highly paid experienced footballer and therefore should be able to do, you know, normal footbally things..... :roll:

And therefore this leaves us with currently Elneny as our 'DM' until someone is signed, i suppose people will start making excuses for him next :roll:
Torreira's signing was probably made with getting the best out of Xhaka in mind. Torreira will help Xhaka massively with the defensive burden. Le Wanker regualrly played him alongside Wilshere and Ramsey ffs, who both have no defensive bones in their bodies.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Is Dick Law back negotiating contracts? Might explain why we have ‘almost’ signed 3 or 4 players but actually haven’t paid for anyone yet!

With regards to Xhaka, when we signed him, there was a lot of surprise in Germany that we paid so much for him, he wasn’t rated that highly by many. I think it’s fair to say he is nowhere near being a 30m player!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:08 am
Is Dick Law back negotiating contracts? Might explain why we have ‘almost’ signed 3 or 4 players but actually haven’t paid for anyone yet!

With regards to Xhaka, when we signed him, there was a lot of surprise in Germany that we paid so much for him, he wasn’t rated that highly by many. I think it’s fair to say he is nowhere near being a 30m player!
Xhaka is shite he should've been one of the first out the door..like you say he was signed way over his value (fuck knows why as no other club was in for him) he has come here and been an indisciplined,slow, unaware of danger ringpiece most of the time :| what do we do? give the useless *word censored* a payrise :oops:

Post by 1989 »

Looks to me Dick rates him highly and sees him as a key component of what he's trying to build. Going for Torreira backs up that belief as he's a similar player to Dahoud who was Xhaka's midfield partner at Gladbach were Xhaka excelled. We just have to trust the manager here.

Now if Mustafi gets a new contract, I'll personally start the Emery Out thread.

Raggy

Post by Raggy »

Come home Leno. Come right fukcing home!

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:08 am
Xhaka is shite he should've been one of the first out the door..like you say he was signed way over his value
he was Captain of Borussia at 22. that's why we paid top dollar for him.

I expect to see a big improvement this season.

German papers are all saying Leno has signed.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If that means pete the plank is on his way out then thank the fuckk for that! :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

Leno to Arsenal done deal.

Another mad German in goal.

Midz

Post by Midz »

The plank needs replacement so I'm happy about this if indeed it's true.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:28 pm

He better not be. :roll: The last fucking idiot disciple of the moronic "mad" keeper myth horseshite cost us 2 champions leagues. :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal are closing in on the £48m double signing of Bayer Leverkusen's Germany goalkeeper Bernd Leno, 26, and Sampdoria's 22-year-old Uruguay midfielder Lucas Torreira. (Telegraph)

So that leaves a miserly £2Million if all the rumours of a £50million budget are true … Which of course they aren’t.

Arsenal's Spanish right-back Hector Bellerin, 23, has been told he is one of just five players that new Gunners boss Unai Emery does not want to sell. (Mirror)

So when is he going to start clearing out all the shyte like Iwobi, Mustafi, Wellbeck etc ??? :?

Post by 1989 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:50 am
1989 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:28 pm

He better not be. :roll: The last fucking idiot disciple of the moronic "mad" keeper myth horseshite cost us 2 champions leagues. :censored:

He's hard as nails alright :D

phpBB [video]
Last edited by 1989 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

So far Emery has signed an experienced right back to be used sparingly, & is pushing hard for a defensive midfielder and keeper (Torrieira & Leno). Of course if Wenger was manager he would be looking at attacking midfielders. Given Wenger obsession with collecting attacking players there really isnt any need for Emery to sign players in that space. Emery is doing what Wenger should have done years ago - focus on the back end of the team.

Wenger always treated the defensive aspect of football as a chore. He neglected it & the same issues of shit defending was a constant year in year out. Emery has no doubt looked at the squad and identified players at the back as the players needed. This isnt some masterful insight by our new manager, its simply common sense logic that Wenger rejected for years.