The ONLY World Cup thread (merged)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: The ONLY World Cup thread (merged)

Post by nut flush gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:53 pm
There is a lot of people slating the ref but that lets the players off the hook too easily.

There has been so much diving, cheating and general acting the wanker by both sides that this game was almost impossible to referee.

You can’t spend days slating Neymar (rightly so) and then turn a blind eye to what’s gone on in this game.

Both sides at the dark arts
Cannot agree with that, first 20 mins England where comfortable. They started getting dirty when they realised they couldn't compete which ruined the game as a footballing spectacle IMO. In a way, their tactics worked, disrupted the flow of Englands game and there were a few England players that started to get involved. In the second half Kane was absolutely gone, thank fuck he didn't play vs Belgium. They were fortunate to equalise, Pickford made a world-class save just before the Colombia goal.

Karma was them losing on pens imo. For once England had the luck of the draw.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The better team won and tbh justice was served because the Colombians were an absolute disgrace. Take too long to name and shame them all but nearly every one of them was diving putting in dirty little fouls and feigning injury.

At least England tried to play football but they had their share of cheating too. Maguire took a shocking dive. As did Lingard. And Trippier. After the Columbian guy's hairstyle brushed his chin Henderson went down like Tyson had punched him. Stupid Eyebrows ^^ was on the ground after every slight contact. Henderson also threw his head back into a Columbian face. But England came nowhere near the Columbian level of cheating. Fucking shameful cùnts.

Pickford with the save of the tournament too.

I'm dissapointed Tottnumb UK are still in it but they deserved a result against some of the worst cheating I've ever seen.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:26 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:11 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:55 pm
Midz wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:49 pm
These are the dirtiest, cheating *word censored* I've seen so far in this competition. I hope we beat them and at least one of them gets a broken leg and red carded.
Slight amendment mate! :wink:

Did I hear the commentator say - when the half-time whistle went "England have played well" ???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

They've been shittt :cussing:
Don't be a stupid uninformed uneducated fat orange midget, we were good in the first half ffs :roll: :wink:
fuck off inbred nonce paedo.
Seriously lads, calm down the personal abuse.
Umm my insult was funny his was grotesque and if I met him for that i'd slap the CUNNT silly

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
There is a lot of people slating the ref but that lets the players off the hook too easily.

There has been so much diving, cheating and general acting the wanker by both sides that this game was almost impossible to referee

You can’t spend days slating Neymar (rightly so) and then turn a blind eye to what’s gone on in this game.

Agree rodders, but colombia were an absolute disgrace for about 30 minutes of that match :oops: :oops:

Both sides SHOULD have had a player sent off, but it would take 3 or 4 refs to keep on top of everything so I wouldnt blame the yank ref.

Have to say that the last two days have really disillusioned me with the world cup and football in general - two players who I would really have liked and rated highly (thiago silva and falcao) have behaved like total cnuts :roll: Thiago silva was rolling around feigning injury like that neymar c.unt, and falcao tonight was a petulant w.nker and, for a guy that experienced to lose control like that is disgraceful imo

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:26 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:11 pm
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Slight amendment mate! :wink:

Did I hear the commentator say - when the half-time whistle went "England have played well" ???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

They've been shittt :cussing:
Don't be a stupid uninformed uneducated fat orange midget, we were good in the first half ffs :roll: :wink:
fuck off inbred nonce paedo.
Seriously lads, calm down the personal abuse.
Umm my insult was funny his was grotesque and if I met him for that i'd slap the CUNNT silly
I'm asking you both to just please drop it. We don't want it to escalate and end up with someone getting banned. Best to just ignore each other.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:35 pm
rodders999 wrote:

There has been so much diving, cheating and general acting the wanker by both sides that this game was almost impossible to referee

Agree rodders, but colombia were an absolute disgrace for about 30 minutes of that match :oops: :oops:

Both sides SHOULD have had a player sent off, but it would take 3 or 4 refs to keep on top of everything so I wouldnt blame the yank ref.

Have to say that the last two days have really disillusioned me with the world cup and football in general - two players who I would really have liked and rated highly (thiago silva and falcao) have behaved like total cnuts :roll: Thiago silva was rolling around feigning injury like that neymar c.unt, and falcao tonight was a petulant w.nker and, for a guy that experienced to lose control like that is disgraceful imo
Agreed. In general though it has been a poor world cup with more "incidents" than actual quality football. FIFA need to look at the cheating and cuntiness very closely before the next one. It's killing the game.

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:13 pm
Yay!! We won a penalty shoot out :barscarf:

Sweden on Saturday.
Did anyone see the Sweden v Switzerland game today? it was awful. The most exciting thing was a bird flying off from one of the stands.
Never mind, at least Sweden won't be such dirty cheating bastards.

Maybe not, but they are sneaky b.stards too, and seb larsson is the biggest c.unt of them all :evil:

If you were disappointed with the standard of football tonight, then avoid the game on saturday - sweden have zero ambition and play ultra defensive, but then again if any team had a forward line as shit as theirs they would play defensive too :roll:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Most modern footballers are lying, cheating tossers. I ike how they prey to their god before the game and then spend 90 minute trying to cheat the refs.

Both teams were at it. But Colombia has to be some of the worse i've seen in a long time.

Hey football is still coming home :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:38 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:35 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Agreed. In general though it has been a poor world cup with more "incidents" than actual quality football. FIFA need to look at the cheating and cuntiness very closely before the next one. It's killing the game.
Mate I apologise for getting involved but cheating has won world cups for a long time now.

Onebard is ok, he's just got that little dog syndrome :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:07 pm
rodders999 wrote:

There has been so much diving, cheating and general acting the wanker by both sides that this game was almost impossible to referee.

Do fuck off rosters we are not on the same planet as these cheating *word censored* :roll:
Calm down dear.

Colombia were a disgrace but Maguire, Lingard and Dier all took dives and Henderson’s collapse was pathetic.

I’m calling it as I saw it, Colombia were worse sure but that play acting was embarrassing.

Jug ears Linekar has been slating Neymar for days (and rightly so) but he’s been suspiciously quiet on all the above incidents tonight.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Actually scratch that somebody just called out jug ears on twatter asking him to comment on the Maguire dive like he would do if it was Neymar and jug ears reckons that because Maguire immediately got up and gestured to the ref that it wasn’t a foul it was all ok :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:23 pm
Actually scratch that somebody just called out jug ears on twatter asking him to comment on the Maguire dive like he would do if it was Neymar and jug ears reckons that because Maguire immediately got up and gestured to the ref that it wasn’t a foul it was all ok :roll:
Who gives a flying fuck? :barscarf: England advance to the quarter finals; on penalties no less! that's all that matters. 8)

Post by 1989 »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:49 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:23 pm
Who gives a flying fuck? :barscarf: England advance to the quarter finals; on penalties no less! that's all that matters. 8)
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

I reckon we're actually seriously in with a chance. Anything can happen in tournament football. Goals win you games and we've got arguably the best striker in the world leading the line for us.

I really like what Southgate has done with the defence as well. We've got a proper defensive system that is making average defenders like Maguire and Stones look solid. There is a reason why Pickford hasn't had to make too many saves; we don't give up too many goal scoring chances.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Ospina in a penalty shoot out ?? - Never in doubt !! . Never liked my sweede. :barscarf: :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

How do these teams even get to where they are...Columbia are no different to Stoke, except Stoke are better. Staggering the "draw" England have got,virtually a pass to the finals...or semi's at least...and still they struggle. Kane's going to win the Golden Boot on penalties.