Lucas Torreira - Gooner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: Lucas Torreira - Gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:21 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:48 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:11 pm
1989 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:18 pm
Done dealio :barscarf:

cool. 8)

its up on Pravda now too. he will wear 11.

at that price and with that shirt number, I would think he goes straight in as first choice.

nice video of him sending greaseball flying.

https://www.arsenal.com/sites/default/f ... AAshZA.mp4

to be fair, a midfield disrupter does not have to be tall - batty, bowyer, savage, wise etc were all as annoying AF to play against, likewise nutty was only little but gave no fucks about winding up, hacking and taunting players - if he's tenacious enough, he's tall enough.

maybe hick nickname should be Tenacious T :D

Nutty played in a team with giants alongside him (TA6, PV4, bould, keown etc) so he didnt need to be tall tbf, and I will also say that not one of the 4 you mention were hardmen and were just irritating talentless prix :roll: :censored:
Bullshit. PV4 was a great player but had a yellow streak a mile wide down his back ffs. All mouth and cowered like a bitch when Keane called him out. :roll:

I also remember nutty giving it all mouth to di canio when he pushed over that wimpy referee, but as soon as he though that di canio was gonna hit him he jumped back like a scared little girl and a trickle of urine ran down his leg :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well Keano looks like he could pull a knife out on telly these days when he is offering his expert opinions, so do you blame paddy. Same goes for Di Canio. Both where complete nutters. Don't say Paddy couldn't look after himself on the pitch though because he could even up against Keano.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:00 pm
Are people really having a moan about his height? Thank fuck we never signed Makelele or Kante.

Impressed me in the World Cup, seems a nasty little prick who is absolutely happy to defend and defend. Sounds pretty good to me.

I know what you are saying but the reality is that those players were playing alongside tough and physically imposing players - would they have excelled playing alongside ramsey, ozil and iwobi ? Like everyone else I am hoping that the greek centre back and leichenstiener (when he plays) will bring that physical authority to the team, but if they are missing a game for any reason, then torreira will find out very quickly how hard it will be to carry lightweight team-mates when you are only 5ft 6

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Which physically imposing players has Kante been playing alongside? Drinkwater, Fabregas? The guy is class and doesn’t need anybody else to bully opponents for him.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:12 pm
Which physically imposing players has Kante been playing alongside? Drinkwater, Fabregas? The guy is class and doesn’t need anybody else to bully opponents for him.

Matic for sure, and you could certainly say that he wasnt as influencial last season without him

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Kante has proven he's a fucking winner. Leicester, champions. Goes to Chelsea, champions. Plays for France, wins World Cup (and was their best player).

Size doesn't matter when it comes to the CDM role. Just work hard and be in position. Like the signing.

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:06 pm
northbank123 wrote:

Matic for sure, and you could certainly say that he wasnt as influencial last season without him
Lol, Kanté dosent need anyone to hold his hand in midfield. He's an animal and if anything, he's the one carrying "giants" like Pogba.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:37 am
augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Lol, Kanté dosent need anyone to hold his hand in midfield. He's an animal and if anything, he's the one carrying "giants" like Pogba.

Which is why he was second (to giroud) as the worst player france had on sunday :roll: It was only when they brought on nzonzi that france looked secure and gained control of the midfield

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:03 am
1989 wrote:
augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Which is why he was second (to giroud) as the worst player france had on sunday :roll: It was only when they brought on nzonzi that france looked secure and gained control of the midfield
Are you saying we shouldnt have bought Torreira?

augie

Post by augie »

Not at all - tbh I havent seen enough of him to judge one way or another so I'm not gonna start knocking him already. What I am saying though, is in general I prefer my CDM's to be big powerful guys (over 6ft tall), but maybe that is the traditionalist in me. What I am also adding is that all this love of kante is totally ignoring the reality that he has been at his most successful when he had a big player alongside him - I dont think that anyone can dispute that last season he was nowhere near as influencial without matic alongside him

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:23 am
Not at all - tbh I havent seen enough of him to judge one way or another so I'm not gonna start knocking him already. What I am saying though, is in general I prefer my CDM's to be big powerful guys (over 6ft tall), but maybe that is the traditionalist in me. What I am also adding is that all this love of kante is totally ignoring the reality that he has been at his most successful when he had a big player alongside him - I dont think that anyone can dispute that last season he was nowhere near as influencial without matic alongside him
Limited. Blinkered. :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Speaking of Cher wigs etc I saw the actual real life Cher on TV last night. Fucking hell. She used to look like a 70 year old woman. Now after all the plastic surgery she looks like a 70 year old sex doll. :shock:

:puke:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:03 pm
Speaking of Cher wigs etc I saw the actual real life Cher on TV last night. Fucking hell. She used to look like a 70 year old woman. Now after all the plastic surgery she looks like a 70 year old sex doll. :shock:

:puke:

The music video where she was singing on that navy boat will live with me forever - how she got away without being fcuked to within an inch of death is beyond me :shock: :shock: It made me want to mount the telly to shag her, so I can only imagine how those navy guys felt (although isnt there a rumour that those sailor boys like to take cock instead of giving it ? :rubchin: :wink: )

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

augie wrote:
1989 wrote:
augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Which is why he was second (to giroud) as the worst player france had on sunday
:roll: It was only when they brought on nzonzi that france looked secure and gained control of the midfield
Tbf to Kante apparently he had a fever.

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
1989 wrote:
augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Kanté played with a stomach bug, confirmed by the French FA.

And lol at lauding Nzonzi :lol: The bloke hardly kicked a ball all world cup for fucks sake. :lol:

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:23 am
Danny Drinkwater is big? :?