Chav$ Away 18/08 @17:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: Chav$ Away 18/08 @17:30

Post by General »

NickF wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:18 am
General wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:21 am
Xhaka must be benched at all cost. He was one of the major root causes of our pathetic away record last season
I thought the root cause was our inability to defend as a team and not getting the basics right when marking.
Team wide issues exist but Xhaka a big part of the problem hence one of the major root causes.

All the big sides in the league have a mobile ball winner with a decent level of awareness. Kante, Matic, Fernandinho and Henderson all do a decent job screening back four and making timely interceptions. What do we have?

The immediate thought that came into my head when I saw City's second goal was how easily Silva was able to stroll across and sweep the ball into the back of the net. It was way too easy. Lo and behold Xhaka had become a casual bystander after getting caught ball watching for the umpteenth time. He doesn't have the mobility, awareness or positional discipline to give us that extra assurance we need in the middle of the park . He's effectively a very expensive Denilson and the difference was clear when Torreira came on. The fact that we ended up with Guendouzi and Torreira on the pitch speaks volumes IMO. The only debate now should be who plays in front of these 2.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:27 pm
For me this should be a test of how useful our video analysis is - if it was my decision I would start this team

Leno

Bellend mustafi sokratis. maitland niles

Torreira

Gheundozi. Xhaka

Ozil

Auba. Lacazette

Obviously I wouldn't have mustafi or Shaka near the team given a choice, but a lack of alternative options would have them in my team. If emery looks at the video analysis and starts either Ramsey or mikki, then the analysis is a waste of time

Can please stop with the wellshit suggestions please ? We have endured enough crap from him to last a lifetime, and we are meant to be entering a new dawn now :roll:
I'd also go with that line up but would probably drop Xhaka for almost anyone even a spectator or play with 10 players as Xhaka is now a liability. In reality though I don't know who else we could realistically replace him with....

Also is AM-N fit?

Dick has to be decisive and strict with that front three. If Boomerang or Lacazette are having a mare or if Ozil is having one of his days where nothing is working then sling them early, even at half time.

Every player needs to know they deliver this season or they get hooked. The Wenger comfort zone is gone.

villej

Post by villej »

augie wrote:
For me this should be a test of how useful our video analysis is - if it was my decision I would start this team

Leno

Torreira

Gheundozi. Xhaka

Ozil

Auba. Lacazette

Obviously I wouldn't have mustafi or Shaka near the team given a choice, but a lack of alternative options would have them in my team. If emery looks at the video analysis and starts either Ramsey or mikki, then the analysis is a waste of time

Can please stop with the wellshit suggestions please ? We have endured enough crap from him to last a lifetime, and we are meant to be entering a new dawn now :roll:
Xhaka and Maitland-Niles out, Ramsey and Lichtsteiner in. Two strikers and midfield diamond would be my choice too.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I just want to see Lacazette & PEA play together. Whats the point of paying 50m for two strikers if you dont pair them? I know once you play two stinkers it has to be 4-4-2 which is very old fashioned. But there must be a way to put both in the team and give them both the chance to strike.

I have always felt you do what the opposition least want you to do, & I reckon other managers rest easy when they see one of PEA & Lacazette on the bench.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Mailand Niles has a leg fracture out 6-8 weeks. Lets see if the new regime means that. Or its a 3-4 month job Wenger injury debacle.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Kos also out.

a shame for ANM but we have Lichsteiner and I really rated his performance.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Wilson wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:16 am
I just want to see Lacazette & PEA play together. Whats the point of paying 50m for two strikers if you dont pair them? I know once you play two stinkers it has to be 4-4-2 which is very old fashioned. But there must be a way to put both in the team and give them both the chance to strike.

I have always felt you do what the opposition least want you to do, & I reckon other managers rest easy when they see one of PEA & Lacazette on the bench.
:lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Emery confirms in his press conference today that Cech will play Saturday.

markyp

Post by markyp »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:02 pm
I think we might find ourselves in a similar position to Chelsea 2 years ago with conte,results will be shit until Emery has an epiphany an realises who should start and where they should play

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:02 pm
I expected that, my hunch is Leno will start vs West Ham or one of the lesser clubs.

this is the express's line up :

that's looks okay to me.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Emery knows Cech is an experienced player, probably well-respected by the players and other staff so he needs to handle his situation carefully. He needs to give him a chance to show that he can or most probably can't play this way before dropping him. I have no doubt Leno will be in the starting XI before too long.

augie

Post by augie »

villej wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:13 am
augie wrote:

Leno

Torreira

Gheundozi. Xhaka

Ozil

Auba. Lacazette

Xhaka and Maitland-Niles out, Ramsey and Lichtsteiner in. Two strikers and midfield diamond would be my choice too.

This team simply cannot play with Ramsey in any other position bar the number 10, and tbh he isn't good enough to be first choice in that position either. Playing Ramsey in a midfield 2 or midfield 3 is a disaster cos he fcuks off playing selfish football and leaves guendozi hanging 🙄 There is a difference between picking the best team and picking a team with the best players - Ramsey is a lone player/renegade who does his own thing cos he has been allowed do so by the senile old c.unt who never recognised the tactical implications of doing so :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:31 pm
villej wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:13 am
augie wrote:

Leno

Torreira

Gheundozi. Xhaka

Ozil

Auba. Lacazette

This team simply cannot play with Ramsey in any other position bar the number 10, and tbh he isn't good enough to be first choice in that position either. Playing Ramsey in a midfield 2 or midfield 3 is a disaster cos he fcuks off playing selfish football and leaves guendozi hanging 🙄 There is a difference between picking the best team and picking a team with the best players - Ramsey is a lone player/renegade who does his own thing cos he has been allowed do so by the senile old c.unt who never recognised the tactical implications of doing so :evil:
Fucking hell I find myself agreeing with augie again! :shock: :oops: I swear some vomit came up there a second ago..... :D :wink:

But yeah of all the criticism of him, that's probably the most succint description of Ramsey ever posted on here. No coincidence that his one (half) good season was when he was playing a limited and disciplined role linking up with Giroud and arriving late into the box. It was very simple but effective. Giroud ties up both CHs, lays off to the late arriving Ramsey and bang Ramsey shoots. Whether that was by design or happy accident is anyone's guess really - because once he got all that praise he lost the run of himself and began to believe he was some kind of freewheeling hybrid of Messi and Bergkamp. And no one in the team or management structure addressed it. :roll:

He pisses possession away on a par with Xhaka. It's one thing to have Ozil giving possession away (though never near as much as Ramsey) because at least with him you get the creation of chances to balance that out but with Ramsey and Xhaka you seldom get any positive.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Most seem to have Ozil in the side. Why ??. He kept on giving the ball away last week when under no real pressure. Germany saw the light & dropped him - we should do the same. The kid with the hair should take his place & Torrreria DM. Still think we'll lose this 2-1. :barscarf: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I’m more interested in seeing what his team selection will be! If Xhaka starts then I will already be doubting where Emery is taking us!
Also would like to see Cech and Mustafi benched!
If we lose this and then fuck it up against the shammers ????