Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Unai Emery

Post by StuartL »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:46 pm
Yeah right. What he is looking at now is who has potential and who is able to learn and improve.

He’s going to give them all a chance to succeed or fail.
As much as anything, I expect, will be who buys into the new way of playing, who gives there all each and every game (and training session)
I fully expect January to be a busy time for us offloading non-believers

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

good to see him running around the managers area, giving the players a bollocking and urging them forward.

Guendozi and Torreira are excellent signings.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

When you start a new job you usually have a 3 month trial period, for me Emery has had an absolute fucking nightmare first week!
I didn’t truly expect to win either of our opening games but I did expect to see an intent for change !
What we’ve seen is a manager who lacks the confidence and belief in the very players he signed! preferring to stick with what has failed us miserably over the years!
3 months will just about take in 7 winnable games! If we don’t take at least 17 points from these games and his own signings playing a major part then I reckon his game is up.
If he was at citeh, mousers, utd, chavs then that’s what would be expected!
We owe him nothing and we mustn’t get bogged down with people saying “give him time “ if he is obviously not up to it!
He has lost me already and can fuck off tomorrow as far as I’m concerned!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:03 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:46 pm
Yeah right. What he is looking at now is who has potential and who is able to learn and improve.

As much as anything, I expect, will be who buys into the new way of playing, who gives there all each and every game (and training session)

I fully expect January to be a busy time for us offloading non-believers
Does that include some supporters?

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:41 pm
When you start a new job you usually have a 3 month trial period, for me Emery has had an absolute fucking nightmare first week!
I didn’t truly expect to win either of our opening games but I did expect to see an intent for change !
What we’ve seen is a manager who lacks the confidence and belief in the very players he signed! preferring to stick with what has failed us miserably over the years!
3 months will just about take in 7 winnable games! If we don’t take at least 17 points from these games and his own signings playing a major part then I reckon his game is up.
We owe him nothing and we mustn’t get bogged down with people saying “give him time “ if he is obviously not up to it!
Talking total fucking bollocks. He was left a shower of shit by Wenger and Kroenke gave him £70m to fucking fix Wenger's errors. Fulham have spent £120m.We played two of the hardest games we will play this season.Which noboby thought we would win.Gary Neville said it will take FOUR transfer windows till we see the real Emery team and not with a fucking budget of £70m. It's you who can fuck off

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Too much familiar - nobody expected overnight change but the defending today was beyond appalling and it's disappointing to see the likes of Xhaka, Mustafi etc still starting. That said we looked good going forwards today, bearing in mind we have scored 2 in 8 away at Chelsea and nearly exclusively end up with one isolated forward in big games.

It was nice to see him up and down the technical area all game and looking animated. Also liked all three of his subs - massive fan of hooking the useless Xhaka off at half time, absolutely spot on to break the unwritten rule about subbing Ozil and Lacazette on together with Aubameyang was a really positive move albeit that he contributed to conceding the third.

Same result but I can see some differences. Always a horror show of a start and the next few months will be a more accurate benchmark of where we are at.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Ernie71 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:10 pm
goonersid wrote:
Talking total fucking bollocks. He was left a shower of shit by Wenger and Kroenke gave him £70m to fucking fix Wenger's errors. Fulham have spent £120m.We played two of the hardest games we will play this season.Which noboby thought we would win.Gary Neville said it will take FOUR transfer windows till we see the real Emery team and not with a fucking budget of £70m. It's you who can fuck off
So why is he playing “wengers shower of shit” ahead of his own signings?
I want to give him time but not if he’s fucking incompetent!
I worked in management for 20 years and I could judge a new employee within hours and this guy worries me!
And try to keep it civilised! Ya fucking numpty :D

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

goonersid wrote:
2 games and he's lost you already? Give it up Sid, blimey :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:27 pm
Too much familiar - nobody expected overnight change but the defending today was beyond appalling and it's disappointing to see the likes of Xhaka, Mustafi etc still starting. That said we looked good going forwards today, bearing in mind we have scored 2 in 8 away at Chelsea and nearly exclusively end up with one isolated forward in big games.

It was nice to see him up and down the technical area all game and looking animated. Also liked all three of his subs - massive fan of hooking the useless Xhaka off at half time, absolutely spot on to break the unwritten rule about subbing Ozil and Lacazette on together with Aubameyang was a really positive move albeit that he contributed to conceding the third.

Same result but I can see some differences. Always a horror show of a start and the next few months will be a more accurate benchmark of where we are at.
That said how can he leave a really solid dependable full back Lichtsteiner on the bench for that fucking charlatan Bellerin? Likewise Cech has been pretty good so far but seriously how can he have gone out and signed Leno and then carry on playing that fucking lame horse?

Surely Xhaka has to be benched now? Torreira and Guendouzi have to start.

herbert

Post by herbert »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:48 pm
Ernie71 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:10 pm
goonersid wrote:
So why is he playing “wengers shower of shit” ahead of his own signings?
I want to give him time but not if he’s fucking incompetent!
I worked in management for 20 years and I could judge a new employee within hours and this guy worries me!
And try to keep it civilised! Ya fucking numpty :D
Oh Sid ,do feck off you miserable bastard :oops: you sound like your hero Arsene with your "I worked in management for 20 yrs" :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

He’s been wrong to start the Swiss Turd in the opening two games but kudos to him for hauling him off in both games.

Hopefully that’s him benched now for the rest of the season. Bit worrying that a 19 year old that has come from the French second division has been our standout player so far.

Sums up the rest of the pussies in a nutshell I guess.

augie

Post by augie »

Have to say sid that you are way too premature (a regular problem I wonder ? :rubchin: :wink: ) with that assessment - guendozi is an emery signing and has started every game. I'm assuming that torreira will be starting games now that he is up to speed having joined the squad lately. I was absolutely 100% in support of the signing of Lichtsteiner (when others complained about his age), but again I think that he will find the pace of the english league will be a major shock to the system, and throwing him in at the start might be unfair on him.
I have consistantly pointed to the selection of cech as the head scratcher for me - I dunno if leno was his pick or not, but unless the guy is a total dodo, surely playing him is a no brainer especially when you want your keeper to be able to play from the back ? This is an area that he needs to fix quickly cos cech is way past it (hookers close their legs quicker than he did for the 3rd goal today :roll: :oops: )

Anyway sid, emery is a good coach with an impressive cv, but he isnt an all powerful god like individual who can come in and fix all wengers fcuk ups in 6 measly weeks - you (like many of us) wanted the french cock gone for years, so give the guy a chance and support him by giving him time

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Guys i know we're all glad to be rid of Wenger and all but a dose of reality here, if he had started the season the same as Emery making the same mistakes with line up and tactics we'd have fucking roasted him. As i said in the match thread UE is supposed to be the master of match and player analysis and if he can't see problems that us numpties can spot then it is seriously worrying.

So we'll see how it goes but so far for me i see nothing really that different from what happened under Wenger but i am willing to give him time but as Sid said he's starting to lose me already, i wasn't happy with some of the transfer dealings and contract extensions, i've not been happy with team selection so far and i am sure as hell not happy with the tactics defensively which even that muppet Hoddle stated were no different from last season.

I am willing to give him time but i want to see vast improvement in the coming weeks because so far the way things are going he looks nothing but a much more animated AW.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Don't worry Unai will get at least 10 years to get it right, just ask Wenger. :twisted:

It doesn't matter who comes in, the best wont consider us because of budget restrictions set by KSE, the rest wont get a big enough budget to be successful unless they are really exceptional, unlikely because they are not the 'best' in the first place, or just plain lucky.

I told all you Wenger out obsessives that the problem was bigger but you just didn't get it. :banghead:

That sh*t bowl that was the worst thing that ever happened to what was "The Arsenal".

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:54 pm
Guys i know we're all glad to be rid of Wenger and all but a dose of reality here, if he had started the season the same as Emery making the same mistakes with line up and tactics we'd have fucking roasted him. As i said in the match thread UE is supposed to be the master of match and player analysis and if he can't see problems that us numpties can spot then it is seriously worrying.

So we'll see how it goes but so far for me i see nothing really that different from what happened under Wenger but i am willing to give him time but as Sid said he's starting to lose me already, i wasn't happy with some of the transfer dealings and contract extensions, i've not been happy with team selection so far and i am sure as hell not happy with the tactics defensively which even that muppet Hoddle stated were no different from last season.

I am willing to give him time but i want to see vast improvement in the coming weeks because so far the way things are going he looks nothing but a much more animated AW.

So you are looking for some reality here, but at the same time you think that it is reasonable to expect dick to have sorted all our problems in 6 weeks of his coaching, and in 2 competitive league games ?? Wenger left behind a mess/pile of shite that hasnt been seen in our club for over 40 years, and most of us recognised the amount of high quality players that he inherited 22 years ago - when you oversee a number of seasons of decline like wenger did then you entitled to get every bit of abuse that he received, but to liken emery to that shitfest after a mere 2 games (against the last 2 seasons league winners I might add) is way ott and beyond belief if I'm honest