Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:25 pm
The new Sky "ad" that shows old B&W images of Football related stuff with modern equivilants does my head in,because the final montage shows fans from the past with their home made scarves,rattles etc,(but totally involved in the game),counter pointed with a hipster couple engrossed in taking a selfie,totally oblivious to whatever game that they have deprived two proper fans from attending.Sums it all up really,especially the fact that Sky thinks that this is acceptable.They are therefore bigger wankers than the "couple." :banghead: :twisted:
Oh my fucking head nearly exploded when I saw that mate. :x

Also the fucking cringey BTSport ad that has a load of oh sooooo cute tiddlers dressed up as PL players and have a guess who is the manure player? Yep the one that delivered the square root of fuck all last season, Pogba. :roll: :censored:

Famous because he's famous. :roll: And for having stupid fucking hairstyles. Never has there been a player that better fits the term "style over substance" or the term "vastly overrated cuntbag". :censored:

Blade

Post by Blade »

and the stupid fancy strapping i.e fingers strapped up..

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I've just seen one about taking your seat or some such shit. I'd love to stand, but the bindippers put a stop to all that.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:52 pm
I've just seen one about taking your seat or some such shit. I'd love to stand, but the bindippers put a stop to all that.
Wasn't their fault mate. Nothing ever is. :suicide:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Appointing recently retired footballers to relatively high profile managerial roles after little to zero experience at managerial or coaching level. Slippy Me, Lumpolard and now the fucking scumbag buffoon Joèy Lè Bartòn..... :roll: :censored:

What happened to the concept of putting the hours in and working your way up from the lower leagues, gaining experience along the way? No its better now to appoint a famous ex foobler. :roll:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:07 am
Appointing recently retired footballers to relatively high profile managerial roles after little to zero experience at managerial or coaching level. Slippy Me, Lumpolard and now the fucking scumbag buffoon Joèy Lè Bartòn..... :roll: :censored:

What happened to the concept of putting the hours in and working your way up from the lower leagues, gaining experience along the way? No its better now to appoint a famous ex foobler. :roll:

To be fair to tosspot Barton, Fleetwood of League 1 are not especially high-profile.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:28 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:07 am

To be fair to tosspot Barton, Fleetwood of League 1 are not especially high-profile.
Note my use of the word "relatively". Relative to him it's starting way too far up the ladder.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Just watching the debate on Sky and I never thought I would find myself agreeing with Steve McMahon but I did :oops:

Talking about Dick's 5 captains bollox and SM basically stated the old school stance that first you have to earn the right to play for the Arsenal shirt and badge before you get anywhere near the armband. Liam "done nothing" Rosenior spouting on about leadership groups and generally being a bit snowflaky and you immediately see the gulf between a yesteryear winner and the modern day nobody. LR telling SM how being a captain all works - unfuckingbelievable :lol:

So do you want a captain who is a TA, PV, Robson or Keane type character or a Ramsey, Ozil or dog shit Xhaka :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:40 pm
Just watching the debate on Sky and I never thought I would find myself agreeing with Steve McMahon but I did :oops:

Talking about Dick's 5 captains bollox and SM basically stated the old school stance that first you have to earn the right to play for the Arsenal shirt and badge before you get anywhere near the armband. Liam "done nothing" Rosenior spouting on about leadership groups and generally being a bit snowflaky and you immediately see the gulf between a yesteryear winner and the modern day nobody. LR telling SM how being a captain all works - unfuckingbelievable :lol:

So do you want a captain who is a TA, PV, Robson or Keane type character or a Ramsey, Ozil or dog shit Xhaka :rubchin:
There is too much theory and over philosophising in modern football. Too much shit about "groups of captains" etc and a lot of it is down to Wenger and a lot of dullard failed players and pundits hide behind it. It's overkill now. You have a generation of players nowadays that are mostly soft entitled losers without that cut throat ambition to win and without a spine or moral courage. But they are rich and that is the barometer for success amongst the snowflake generation.

Every truly successful team at any level always had one absolute alpha dog leader wearing the captain's armband.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Anyone seen this that La Liga will now play one league match a season in the USA?

I hate this and I am very concerned that the Premier League will soon do the same. The very first things that attracted me to football was the authenticity, history and atmosphere around the ground. Over the years, as I’ve traveled to matches throughout the UK and Europe, that has only grown. I would hate to see genuine, longstanding supporters have their game ripped away from them for a one-off to please a bunch of Americans, who, even though I am one, don’t deserve to have this.

Additionally, how is competitive integrity maintained here? There’s a reason matches far afield have been friendlies up until now. The travel takes a toll on players and unless each club has to travel similar distance in the same gameweek, it creates an unbalanced scenario.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gp543 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:41 pm
Anyone seen this that La Liga will now play one league match a season in the USA?

I hate this and I am very concerned that the Premier League will soon do the same. The very first things that attracted me to football was the authenticity, history and atmosphere around the ground. Over the years, as I’ve traveled to matches throughout the UK and Europe, that has only grown. I would hate to see genuine, longstanding supporters have their game ripped away from them for a one-off to please a bunch of Americans, who, even though I am one, don’t deserve to have this.

Additionally, how is competitive integrity maintained here? There’s a reason matches far afield have been friendlies up until now. The travel takes a toll on players and unless each club has to travel similar distance in the same gameweek, it creates an unbalanced scenario.
Agreed 100%. For a few years now I've felt we are creeping closer to this happening in the PL and the Spanish are now setting a precedent.

It's just another step in globalising the game and eroding the tradition and history that first attracted me to the game.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:44 am
gp543 wrote:

Agreed 100%. For a few years now I've felt we are creeping closer to this happening in the PL and the Spanish are now setting a precedent.
they are? :shock:
fuck! :banghead: so it's la liga and serie a exporting their game to the US?

:banghead: :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:21 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:44 am
gp543 wrote:

they are? :shock:
fuck! :banghead: so it's la liga and serie a exporting their game to the US?

:banghead: :evil:
What now? Huh? WTF?

What are you talking about?

:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:barmaid:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Manure fans who have just been done 3-0, , smiling and pleading for selfies with the fella who scored two of the goals against them. Modern football fans and modern times summed up!