Palace Away 28/10 @ 13:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Re: Palace Away 28/10 @ 13:30

Post by 1989 »

Fuck Mustafi.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

I’m not really fussed if we win anything this season, if we do it’ll be a bonus, we are making massive progress for the first time in years, I’m looking forward to games, I’m roaring at the screen again, My mood is being affected by results....it’s fu**ing brilliant, I genuinely didn’t care for at least five years but watching a team that has been coached is so refreshing , be careful what you wish for?...ya right

augie

Post by augie »

greengooner wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:22 pm
I’m not really fussed if we win anything this season, if we do it’ll be a bonus, we are making massive progress for the first time in years, I’m looking forward to games, I’m roaring at the screen again, My mood is being affected by results....it’s fu**ing brilliant, I genuinely didn’t care for at least five years but watching a team that has been coached is so refreshing , be careful what you wish for?...ya right

I'm the same - was shouting at the tv screen throughout the game and have been in foul mood all evening over that cheating b.astard from palace, and I pray some c.unt breaks both his legs before this season is over :evil: :censored:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Overall it was a poor performance though as said above, 3 games in 6 days and it showed in the legs, but lets be fair if a certain individual was in charge it WOULD have been a worse result so i'm not complaining.

Dick needs to factor this sort of thing in and when you looked at the bench we didn't have any game changers on it :rubchin:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

20 attempts to 6 on target a true reflection of the game. They should have had it wrapped up at half time. Swap Iwobi for Zaha & we would have won easy. Ozil back to his happy self !. Take a point. Lucky Arsenal. :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Remember that rule they brought in to retrospectively punish dives the ref has missed? I don’t remember anyone getting a ban through that....nobody must have dived in two fucking seasons so :roll:

Scant consolation after today but hope that vermin bastard gets a ban none the less. The biggest fucking cheat in the league and if there’s any justice he will be on the end of a fucking horror tackle sooner rather than later. Scum player.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:35 am
Remember that rule they brought in to retrospectively punish dives the ref has missed? I don’t remember anyone getting a ban through that....nobody must have dived in two fucking seasons so :roll:

Scant consolation after today but hope that vermin bastard gets a ban none the less. The biggest fucking cheat in the league and if there’s any justice he will be on the end of a fucking horror tackle sooner rather than later. Scum player.
He will be someday I'm sure..... a Scum player that is.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Emery’s worst game so far. We have major issues in the full back positions and we played a team with two decent wide players. Big mistake having a midfield that included PEA, Iwobi and Ozil, none of those three really help defensively at all. So more often than not it was Torreira and Dozy against the rest. How he could leave Iwobi and Laca on when both were shockingly bad is a mystery. Don’t want to slam Emery too hard as he’s done really well so far but yesterday was poor management imo.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:

The rule was brought in to punish particularly high profile dives that actually benefit the cheat (I.e the ref buys it).

The rule was a dead duck as soon as the Premier League declined to even consider action when Harry Kane put in that shocking dive late on at Anfield to win his side a penalty at 2-1 down in a really high-profile game.

Exactly the sort of thing that it was brought in for and because it’s Harry Kane and not Johnny Foreigner it’s overlooked. Sure enough rather than teaching divers and their teams a lesson, he was free to go and play the next game where he scored the only goal against us.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

rodders999 wrote:

I have often said that the media provides the basis for whether cheating will be properly investigated and it's quite clear that when the diving was being done by the likes of Eduardo, the media pushed for punishment based on Eduardo not being English, but soon as the likes of Dele Ali was cheating every day of the week, there was barely a murmur from those same voices in the media. That lack of consistency obviously rubs off on the FA.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

In these type of games I would start Welbeck ahead of Iwobi. Players always have to work a little bit harder in defending as a team. Emery would've learnt a lot from yesterday's game. Palace are a team that can always spring a surprise result against the big teams, especially when the home fans are bouncing, which they were yesterday.
Defensively we are still vulnerable. Is it unlucky that we conceded two penalties against palace? No it's clumsy defending. Hodgeson would have known that about the The Arsenal defence and played on it. For his part Leno did well and rightly retains his place. A huge call by Emery, and a very significant one in our season.
I'm frustrated with the nature of the draw but on reflection palace did enough to earn it, we didn't do enough to win.
Xhaka at left back seems to be a stroke genius from Emery. A position we all feel is good for him, he's got the stamina and passing range, keeps him away from the middle of the park where he normally leaves open spaces and runners, at least at left back there is less room for him to leave vacant. His crossing needs working on, and he won't be the last defender who gets caught out by Zaha, although he'd struggle against Salah next week, unless Welbeck starts in front of him, who offers us more defensively than any other outside left player we currently have at the club.
Hopefully, this result will get the team re-focussed on their 90 minute game as it seemed they were beginning to play to a high level in short bursts, gain a lead then coast. Something they cannot do against Liverpool, who have refound their scoring boots just in time to play us.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:36 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:29 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:39 pm
Oh and not an excuse, but we just played 3 games in 6 days and the manager and the players didn't even mention it.

But I think that's why when we dominated with two goals we slacked off rather than pushing on, muscle fatigue.

Unai was disappointed post match but said we put the effort in today - and against Leicester and Sporting away in Europe.

Personally I reckon that it was either a tactical decision or the players sub-consciously started dropping deeper and deeper to preserve what we had.
We just didn’t keep hold of the ball well enough so it kept coming back and we then started sitting in as a result. Lacazette was poor, Ramsey was off the pace when he came on and Iwobi was diabolical.

Emery’s subs have been spot on pretty much all season but agree with the comments above today.
I would say emery's substitute decision were restricted because our front four didn't perform well, and having used one sub due to injury, he only had 2 subs left to use. Ozil was being man-marked out the game and the other 3 iwobi, lacazette, auba did little to take advantage of it.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:54 am
In these type of games I would start Welbeck ahead of Iwobi. Players always have to work a little bit harder in defending as a team. Emery would've learnt a lot from yesterday's game. Palace are a team that can always spring a surprise result against the big teams, especially when the home fans are bouncing, which they were yesterday.
Defensively we are still vulnerable. Is it unlucky that we conceded two penalties against palace? No it's clumsy defending. Hodgeson would have known that about the The Arsenal defence and played on it. For his part Leno did well and rightly retains his place. A huge call by Emery, and a very significant one in our season.
I'm frustrated with the nature of the draw but on reflection palace did enough to earn it, we didn't do enough to win.
Xhaka at left back seems to be a stroke genius from Emery. A position we all feel is good for him, he's got the stamina and passing range, keeps him away from the middle of the park where he normally leaves open spaces and runners, at least at left back there is less room for him to leave vacant. His crossing needs working on, and he won't be the last defender who gets caught out by Zaha, although he'd struggle against Salah next week, unless Welbeck starts in front of him, who offers us more defensively than any other outside left player we currently have at the club.
Hopefully, this result will get the team re-focussed on their 90 minute game as it seemed they were beginning to play to a high level in short bursts, gain a lead then coast. Something they cannot do against Liverpool, who have refound their scoring boots just in time to play us.

Normally I would agree with that suggestion, but if he couldnt see how shit iwobi was during the match, then I dunno how much he could have learnt :roll: My god iwobi was fcuking useless......actually he was absolutely dogshite and shown up again just why so many of us dont rate him or want him near the team

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I wouldn't be too harsh on the defence chaps, we are down to bare bones there.

Old Oak Gooner

Post by Old Oak Gooner »

No one loves Dick more than me, however putting Xhaka at left back and up against that diving c--t , was something the last manager would have done, that how can the referee not see it was a Swan Lake move of embarrassment- f--k Zaha and remember this sunshine you will never play for The Arsenal.

Dick still in! :barscarf: