Mickeys Home 03/11/18 5.30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Non flying Dutchman

Re: Mickeys Home 03/11/18 5.30pm

Post by Non flying Dutchman »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 pm
1989 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:35 pm
Imagine if we had an electric winger with pace and skill, we'd have done these lot.
We will have.....his currently destroying the Bundesliga 8)
Indeed we do

https://streamja.com/qdq3

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Now I've had a couple of drinks and reflected a bit, it was a fucking decent game of football with two teams playing proper football and it was refreshing to see it played in the right way l with nobody getting dirty and nobody getting round the ref every two seconds. As much as I truly detest the bindippers, our matches against them do tend to be relatively clean affairs.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

On their disallowed goal..The linesman or assistant ref got it wrong twice but the right decision somehow happened in the end..Mane was clearly offside for the initial pass and he did move towards the ball and their should have been flagged offside.
Also thought Liverpool had a player on the eighteen yard line when Mustafi headed back across for our disallowed goal. Not sure if Mustafi was ahead of the line when the ball was played..Worth seeing again.
We needed players bursting their bollix to get into the box when we got joy on the wings. Kolasinic got behind the right back on a couple of occasions and there was no one coming in for a cross..Never thought I would say this but Mustafi played well. Mickey Taragon was poor, too light weight..Iwobi's directness did cause problems..I am delighted with the effort and spirit of the team, long way off City but we are going in the right direction .

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:04 pm
On their disallowed goal..The linesman or assistant ref got it wrong twice but the right decision somehow happened in the end..Mane was clearly offside for the initial pass and he did move towards the ball and their should have been flagged offside.
Also thought Liverpool had a player on the eighteen yard line when Mustafi headed back across for our disallowed goal. Not sure if Mustafi was ahead of the line when the ball was played..Worth seeing again.
We needed players bursting their bollix to get into the box when we got joy on the wings. Kolasinic got behind the right back on a couple of occasions and there was no one coming in for a cross..Never thought I would say this but Mustafi played well. Mickey Taragon was poor, too light weight..Iwobi's directness did cause problems..I am delighted with the effort and spirit of the team, long way off City but we are going in the right direction .

Mustafi was level, and lacazette was onside. That goal should have stood too but the media didnt want to discuss that, and strangely BT sport did not dissect it like they did mane's goal. MOTD replayed it realised it was onside and quickly moved on.
Lacazette finish was straight out of the Ian wright school of finishing, the guy didn't even look up to see where the goal was, he hit instinctively.
Xhaka proved to me that he should remain at left back. Where was he when milner scored? same place he was last season numerous time jogging back to the penalty are with no clue of milner's whereabouts and not urgency to close him down. Same could be said for mustafi's attempt to stop it on the line.
Holding and Torreira were brilliant. Van Dyke was by far the best player on the pitch. We desperatly need someone like him and from what I've seen so far, Ake at Bournemouth is developing into a similar CB.
Draw was a fair result. If we nicked it at the end with bellerin that would've been sweet as....
Wolves and bournemouth up next and if we are truly going to get top 4 we need to win them.

Post by 1989 »

Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:59 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 pm
1989 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:35 pm
Imagine if we had an electric winger with pace and skill, we'd have done these lot.
We will have.....his currently destroying the Bundesliga 8)
Indeed we do

https://streamja.com/qdq3
Fuck me, what a goal! :barscarf:

But we still need another option imo. Someone like Zaha, a constant menace on the wings. Not sure Reiss is that sort of attacker.

Post by 1989 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:18 am
Bradywasking wrote:

Mustafi was level, and lacazette was onside. That goal should have stood too but the media didnt want to discuss that, and strangely BT sport did not dissect it like they did mane's goal. MOTD replayed it realised it was onside and quickly moved on.
Lacazette finish was straight out of the Ian wright school of finishing, the guy didn't even look up to see where the goal was, he hit instinctively.
Xhaka proved to me that he should remain at left back. Where was he when milner scored? same place he was last season numerous time jogging back to the penalty are with no clue of milner's whereabouts and not urgency to close him down. Same could be said for mustafi's attempt to stop it on the line.
Holding and Torreira were brilliant. Van Dyke was by far the best player on the pitch. We desperatly need someone like him and from what I've seen so far, Ake at Bournemouth is developing into a similar CB.
Draw was a fair result. If we nicked it at the end with bellerin that would've been sweet as....
Wolves and bournemouth up next and if we are truly going to get top 4 we need to win them.
Sorry but can't agree with you on Xhaka. That was his best performance in an Arsenal shirt bar none, and for me he was easily our man of the match.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I nearly spunked myself when we did that pre planned training ground corner routine in the first half.

The banter era is truly over now. There’s a plan in every game, tactics changing throughout, effective substitutions not just changing things in the 70th minute for the sake of it.

We plan for the opposition, the days of just go out there and do what you want are dead. So fucking revitalising and this is just three months in.....imagine where we’ll be in three years.

PUMPED :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Lacazette with another stunner. Is he ever going to score a generic goal this year, every one of his league goals have been brilliant. But not only that he scores important goals, either winners or goals to level the score. I dont think any player in the league has won his team as many points as Lacazette has won for us. And as I said, he isnt just rounding of good team moves or scoring tap ins, he is scoring solo goals that are off the charts brilliant.

Not only has he been our best player, I think he is has been the leagues best player so far this season.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

1 - 1 could have been 4 - 4. Draw a fair result & after going behind I'd settle for that. :barscarf: :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Delighted with that performance last night. We actually had a plan, and looked solid until Leno's mistake. Overall both teams created chances, and to get a point is a great step forward. I thought Mkhitaryan was piss poor, and was beyond lucky to stay on as long as he did. Another game in which we showed pride in the jersey and are no longer just one man's vanity project. COYG :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That dickhead ex ref on BT Sport, scouse Steve the squeaky voiced anorexic and even Wrighty haven’t a fucking clue.

The commentator on MOTD was the only one with some semblance of intelligence, Mane was offside from the original pass, he runs towards the ball but gives up on it at the last second after a shout from Firmino.

THAT MAKES HIM FUCKING ACTIVE YOU DULLARD C.UNTS.

He ran to within a foot of the ball and all those dim bastards claimed he wasn’t interfering with play? Fucking oxygen thieves.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Van Dijk is an absolute colossus. 75m is a huge whack of money but you look at some of the CBS who have been signed for north of 30m in recent years (Lindelof, Bailly, Mustafi) and it puts that deal into perspective. He’s 27 and if they get 5-6 years from him at that level he will be well worth the money.

We could do with somebody like a Willian instead of Mkhitaryan. A workhorse who covers a lot of ground and isn’t afraid to muck in but also has some quality going forward. Mkhitaryan isn’t good enough to start at a top club as the main playmaker and is a luxury alongside Ozil. So many good opportunities broke down at his feet yesterday.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:31 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:08 pm
Really hope we win this, as i hate those *word censored*. It would also be great to ram the result down Paul Merson's throat.
In fairness to Merse I think he is just trying to get across how worried he remains about our suspect defence and how we could still come a cropper if the victims attack is on song tonight. He isn't saying that he wants us to get stuffed....just that among all the recent optimism with our run of results there is stil a real problem with the quality of our defence....he just isn't articulating it particularly well.
Merson on twitter today - "Fair play to @Arsenal, I got that wrong yesterday and I’m sooo glad they made me eat my words. Clear they are improving every week #holdmyhandsup I never want Arsenal to do badly! I just give my honest opinion about everyone at the time I’m asked"

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Thought we played really well, Emerys tactics were spot on.
Keeper a little unlucky with their goal, got good distance on his clearance and a deflection took it straight to Milner!
Lacazette took his goal brilliantly and a bit more composure and Bellerin might have nicked it (that’s not a criticism)
Only real disappointment was Mikhitaryan! This game against a non physical mousers team should have been a great opportunity for him to show any ability he is supposed to possess ! Yet once again he was shite! For all the stick Sanchez has taken at Utd, we still got the worse side of the deal, Mikhitaryan is a coward with no passion in his game.
That aside I couldn’t be more optimistic about the rest of the season! :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

1989 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:59 am
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:18 am
Bradywasking wrote:

Sorry but can't agree with you on Xhaka. That was his best performance in an Arsenal shirt bar none, and for me he was easily our man of the match.

Quite agree with you on Xhaka, we were saying just the same coming away from the ground yesterday although Torreira was really impressive in the middle of the park. Also Iwobi looking like a footballer again........what is the world coming to :lol: It will be interesting to see what we are getting from these two by the end of Dick's first season.