THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
goonersid

Re: THE FRANKSAV MUSIC THREAD

Post by goonersid »

Was pished at home on Friday night and booked tickets for Lynyrd Skynrd at Wembley Arena next June!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Good on yer Sid! :D

I didn't even know they were touring :?

Went to see them on my 21st Birthday on the 1975 UK Tour and Ronnie Van Zant gave me a half-drunk bottle of JD he was swigging from on stage when my mate shouted it was my 21st ! what a night that was . So sad what happened, they were about to become STADIUM MEGA-HUGE! :cry:

Love - Gimme Three Steps 8)

phpBB [video]

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Chaps,I'm coming out to Dublin in March,to see my pals Ska band at the Academy, (The Dualers,March 1st,the singer Tyber is also a massive Gooner,plug over :lol: )

Is there anything we need to see in the short time we're there? No brothels or S+M clubs as I'm bringing the wife,a nice little boozer for the thursday night would be helpful,and remember if you fancy a night of Ska and Reggae check the website!

(Sorry once again for the quite shameless plug) :lol: :lol: :oops:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:34 am
Just watched the documentary about the final Black Sabbath gig ever "The End of the end".

Brilliant. A mix of live footage, behind the scenes stuff, and interviews. The Sabs still sound amazing live - especially for a bunch of blokes in and around their 70's. 8)

People talk about Zeppelin and Hendrix and Steppenwolf creating heavy metal. They didn't. They helped create hard rock - but Sabbath created metal. When you listen to their stuff from the 70s and 80s you can hear so many bands they influenced from Metallica to Motorhead to Avenged Sevenfold.

There's one part where Tony Iommi just walks out between songs and crunches out a few heavy chords and the pure raw sound of it made the hair on my neck stand on end. It was everything a distorted electric guitar is meant to be. 8)
Just hearing the intro to Iron Man,actually the whole of Iron Man loud,gives me a lob on,fucking goose-bump inflicting song among about 20 others of theirs (insert Devil horns emoji)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

robbo10 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:23 pm
Chaps,I'm coming out to Dublin in March,to see my pals Ska band at the Academy, (The Dualers,March 1st,the singer Tyber is also a massive Gooner,plug over :lol: )

Is there anything we need to see in the short time we're there? No brothels or S+M clubs as I'm bringing the wife,a nice little boozer for the thursday night would be helpful,and remember if you fancy a night of Ska and Reggae check the website!

Can’t help you re Dublin, but I do have plans to see the Dualers when they visit the Railway at Ipswich :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:

The Acadamy is on the less than salubrious Abbey Street (think junkies, alcos, homeless beggars, and pickpockets) so be careful there..... but there is a great little proper Dublin pub on the corner of Abbey St and O'Connell Street called The Oval. Standing with your back to the Acadamy head to the right and you can't miss it.

If you need food there's a great place called the Epicurean about 20 yards from the Acadamy in the other direction. A kind of open market style food area with numerous different cousines available.

If you want some culture jump on a LUAS (tram) and head to the Museum stop about 5 minutes away for Collins Barracks museum. Great place and it's free admission.

Enjoy your stay. Don't get captured. :D :wink:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:36 pm
robbo10 wrote:

Can’t help you re Dublin, but I do have plans to see the Dualers when they visit the Railway at Ipswich :barscarf:
I think thats Tyber and Peter the guitar player,theyre good gigs but if you can see the full band they're top quality,I came up to Bury St Edmunds in the summer for a gig,were you there?

Go say Hi to Ty,he's approachable and will c*nt Wenger off all day with you!

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:15 am
robbo10 wrote:

The Acadamy is on the less than salubrious Abbey Street (think junkies, alcos, homeless beggars, and pickpockets) so be careful there..... but there is a great little proper Dublin pub on the corner of Abbey St and O'Connell Street called The Oval. Standing with your back to the Acadamy head to the right and you can't miss it.

If you need food there's a great place called the Epicurean about 20 yards from the Acadamy in the other direction. A kind of open market style food area with numerous different cousines available.

If you want some culture jump on a LUAS (tram) and head to the Museum stop about 5 minutes away for Collins Barracks museum. Great place and it's free admission.

Enjoy your stay. Don't get captured. :D :wink:
Lovely,cheers mate,we'll have a look into that boozer and the museum,I was told about the prison too,is that the same place as the Garrison?
Living in Sarf East Laaandaaan now I'm used to the crack-heads and pickpockets so hopefully we'll be ok,but I really appreciate the heads up,on both the location and the culture! :bowing21: :bowing21:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

robbo10 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:24 pm
StuartL wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

I think thats Tyber and Peter the guitar player,theyre good gigs but if you can see the full band they're top quality,I came up to Bury St Edmunds in the summer for a gig,were you there?

Didn’t see them at Bury, why only the 2 playing at Ipswich then, not the full band ? Anyhow I’m sure it will be a good night.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:19 pm
robbo10 wrote:
StuartL wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

Didn’t see them at Bury, why only the 2 playing at Ipswich then, not the full band ? Anyhow I’m sure it will be a good night.
Some of the gigs they do they do as a duo,not sure why,he has done for years,but yeah its always a night of ska and reggae classics and some of their own stuff,I'm sure youll enjoy a great night out,but if you can see the full 7-8 piece band they are top top quality,
Website says the full band will be at Norwich at the Open on May 18th,a saturday,if you are up that way

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

robbo10 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:33 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:19 pm
robbo10 wrote:
StuartL wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

Some of the gigs they do they do as a duo,not sure why,he has done for years,but yeah its always a night of ska and reggae classics and some of their own stuff,I'm sure youll enjoy a great night out,but if you can see the full 7-8 piece band they are top top quality,
Website says the full band will be at Norwich at the Open on May 18th,a saturday,if you are up that way
May well do - seen a few gigs up st the Open, it’s a nice venue.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just got my tickets for "The Dead South" They are touring the UK in early 2019 and are an Excellent "LIVE" band - well worth checking out.

Dates: https://www.thedeadsouth.com/#tour-dates-section

Called "THE BASTARD SON TOUR"

They play great music and their Video's are 'Quirky'

phpBB [video]

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

I love Bowie and this is a brilliant version! :dance: :dance: :dance:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Currently relistening to the entire Iron Maiden back catalogue on my commute. Awesome. 8)

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Everyone needs to watch,"After the screaming stops," the Bros "Rockumentary."
It's like "This is Spinal Tap," meets the David Brent tour film,
absolutely hilarious,and full of "Tapesque" one liners! :lol: :lol: :lol: