Chelsea fans at it again

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Chelsea fans at it again

Post by nut flush gooner »

More racist chants last night, this time anti-semitic. After the Paris incident a few years back and the Sterling abuse last weekend, it seems as though right-wing elements are prevalent in the fan base as they were during the 80s.

Arsenal, on the other hand, are an inclusive club with huge diversity in support and have pretty much stamped out the anti-semitic shit that used to be aimed at the spuds.

GTG

Re: Chelsea fans at it again

Post by GTG »

Now im all for a bit of Chelsea bashing and I'm only going by what i've read rather than any videos but aren't chelsea just singing words to a song they sing every week? Same one we sing about Tottenham going to Rome to see the pope? The second part of how they sing it is different and refers to Tottenham as the ****.

If Chelsea are gonna get called out on that then god help us if they decide to report on what they hear in the pubs or on the concourse of any of our away games.

The **** thing is a difficult one because I understand people get offended by it but then the scum use it themselves with pride.

Had Chelsea not already been in the news for last week then this wouldn't have even been mentioned.

Having said all that I don't actually care :D :D :D Hit them with as much bad press as possible. Vile club.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Your a tad obsessed with the right wing threat Nut ,are you one of those antifa chaps ?

nut flush gooner

GTG wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:57 am
Now im all for a bit of Chelsea bashing and I'm only going by what i've read rather than any videos but aren't chelsea just singing words to a song they sing every week? Same one we sing about Tottenham going to Rome to see the pope? The second part of how they sing it is different and refers to Tottenham as the ****.

If Chelsea are gonna get called out on that then god help us if they decide to report on what they hear in the pubs or on the concourse of any of our away games.

The **** thing is a difficult one because I understand people get offended by it but then the scum use it themselves with pride.

Had Chelsea not already been in the news for last week then this wouldn't have even been mentioned.

Having said all that I don't actually care :D :D :D Hit them with as much bad press as possible. Vile club.
Our version of that song has no reference to jews/antisemitism. With regards to away games for Arsenal, I haven't heard anything suspect for years. And I am talking about Auschwitz references in songs. It might be different for games away at the spuds, I don't know but as I said this sort of shit is more associated with Chelsea than most other clubs.

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:19 am
Your a tad obsessed with the right wing threat Nut ,are you one of those antifa chaps ?
No herd, have you not read some of the stuff I put on the "other" thread. I'm a Tory historically although I don't identify with this current shower.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I see the sense of humour bypass op was a huge success eh !

nut flush gooner

Herd wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:16 am
Sorry, Herd didn't realise it was a wisecrack.

GTG

Post by GTG »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:10 am
GTG wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:57 am

Our version of that song has no reference to jews/antisemitism. With regards to away games for Arsenal, I haven't heard anything suspect for years. And I am talking about Auschwitz references in songs. It might be different for games away at the spuds, I don't know but as I said this sort of shit is more associated with Chelsea than most other clubs.
Our version of that song may not have reference to the term we're not allowed to say but plenty of others do but then as I say most of those tend to be sung in pubs or on the concourse and not in the stands itself or we'd probably get picked up on it too.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Well spurs threw a banana at auba so I say fuck them and fuck Chavs as well .

Also were did I put my antifa mask and baseball stick

shu

Post by shu »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:24 am
Herd wrote:
Nut Thrush , you really get on my tits . you pencil necked spacker ! (sorry mods but that is only a soft dig )

nut flush gooner

shu wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:31 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:24 am
Herd wrote:
Nut Thrush , you really get on my tits . you pencil necked spacker ! (sorry mods but that is only a soft dig )
Wind your neck in. Good to see the mods doing their jobs as usual.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Its not 'our version' of ' the wanky totts' , that was our song.

I went to Chelsea a lot in the 80's with the lads from Slough, when they were in div 2 and we were away from home - they nicked " you are my Arsenal" and a few others too that i heard on the North Bank years before they sang them.

A Wham mate also pointed out that they stole West Ham's " running through the tottenham with their willies hanging out" too.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Maybe it's got to the stage that every time the spurs fans refer to themselves as the "**** army" they should get reported for singing offensive antisemetic themed song. I remember david baddiel was on about this a few years ago as a jewish Chelsea fan. Maybe the time has come for them to stop this. I wasn't aware of the Auschwitz song until they referred to it on the news the other night and I've been going to matches since the late '80's.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I wasn't aware of the Auschwitz song , used to get a fair bit of hissing in the early 60's.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:27 pm
Maybe it's got to the stage that every time the spurs fans refer to themselves as the "**** army" they should get reported for singing offensive antisemetic themed song. I remember david baddiel was on about this a few years ago as a jewish Chelsea fan. Maybe the time has come for them to stop this. I wasn't aware of the Auschwitz song until they referred to it on the news the other night and I've been going to matches since the late '80's.
I’ve actually been to an Ipswich v Chelsea match in the late 80’s when I went in with the Chelsea lot...( I was working in Ipswich till lunchtime, so would occasionally watch a game ). it was certainly an eye opening experience.
They were quite open with their racist / anti Semitic chants, whereby while acknowledging we also sung about Spurs it was more in a piss take way, without the venom behind it ?