Europa League (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
The Arsenal Way

Re: Europa League (merged thread)

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Arsenal fans face Europa League nightmare as home game has to be played at 5pm on Wednesday February 20 to avoid clash with Chelsea's tie... because Blues won the FA Cup

Arsenal fans are facing a potentially huge headache over their home Europa League game on February 20 against BATE Borisov.

The match has been moved to a 5pm kick-off on a Wednesday to avoid a clash with Chelsea's encounter with Malmo.

A statement from UEFA explained: 'In accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee, Chelsea have priority, having won the national domestic cup.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ry-20.html

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:22 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:40 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:39 pm
I think that it is high time that some club launched a legal challenge contesting these draws - yet again we have had a draw where it was announced beforehand that russian teams would not be drawing against ukranian teams. What happened to their own rules that there can be no politicical interference in football ? If teresa may intefered with how any of the english clubs were being run (as if she would have the time :lol: :lol: ), uefa and fifa rules dictate that said club would be suspended, then why are these clubs allowed in european competition if it is not safe for them to be drawn against each other ? Throw both the commie b.stards out I say 8)
yup.
conspiracy theorist :wink:

That's the trouble with conspiracy theorists they always think there is something going on behind their backs.

Not a conspiracy theory - they are doing this up front and making no effort to disguise it at all. Still makes it wrong imo

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:28 pm
Arsenal fans face Europa League nightmare as home game has to be played at 5pm on Wednesday February 20 to avoid clash with Chelsea's tie... because Blues won the FA Cup

Arsenal fans are facing a potentially huge headache over their home Europa League game on February 20 against BATE Borisov.

The match has been moved to a 5pm kick-off on a Wednesday to avoid a clash with Chelsea's encounter with Malmo.

A statement from UEFA explained: 'In accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee, Chelsea have priority, having won the national domestic cup.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ry-20.html
5pm ????

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:04 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:22 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:40 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:39 pm
I think that it is high time that some club launched a legal challenge contesting these draws - yet again we have had a draw where it was announced beforehand that russian teams would not be drawing against ukranian teams. What happened to their own rules that there can be no politicical interference in football ? If teresa may intefered with how any of the english clubs were being run (as if she would have the time :lol: :lol: ), uefa and fifa rules dictate that said club would be suspended, then why are these clubs allowed in european competition if it is not safe for them to be drawn against each other ? Throw both the commie b.stards out I say 8)
yup.
conspiracy theorist :wink:

That's the trouble with conspiracy theorists they always think there is something going on behind their backs.

Not a conspiracy theory - they are doing this up front and making no effort to disguise it at all. Still makes it wrong imo
Three conspiracy theorists walk into a pub, are you trying to tell me that is a coincidence?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the bizarre thing here is that a 5pm kick off will actually cause more disruption to London on the tube network than if both games had kicked off at the same time at 8pm.

and why can't we at least play at 8pm the previous day ?
the only British side playing then are Manchester City who are away in Germany!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I am quietly confident that we will master Bate :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

UEFA have backed down :barscarf: :box:

Kick off time now 5.55pm Thursday 21st February

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:14 pm
I am quietly confident that we will master Bate :barscarf:
I will sleep easy tonight knowing you are here keeping our standards rodders. Also I usually sleep well after a good wànk anyway. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fucking hilarious shite out of the 2 mouser mongs in work. Watching the draw live and one vomits out this pearl "hope Celtic get an easy draw and then knock out one of the Brit teams in the final".

The other fuckwit grunted "yeah that'd be class".

My face glowed red with embarrassment for the stupid cùnts. :oops: :roll: :censored:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:13 pm
Fucking hilarious shite out of the 2 mouser mongs in work. Watching the draw live and one vomits out this pearl "hope Celtic get an easy draw and then knock out one of the Brit teams in the final".

My face glowed red with embarrassment for the stupid cùnts. :oops: :roll: :censored:
I must say, I do like your frequent updates on the fucking idiotic things those two say.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:06 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

I must say, I do like your frequent updates on the fucking idiotic things those two say.
And tbh you only hear half it. Some of the stuff is so retarded you would not believe me if I put it on here! :oops: :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:30 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

And tbh you only hear half it. Some of the stuff is so retarded you would not believe me if I put it on here! :oops: :lol:
People on here who do not interact on a regular basis with Liverpool fans may think that DB10 , myself and others go on a bit much about Liverpool and their mouthy plastic fans in Dublin/ Ireland.. We really don't, in fact we give them an easy ride in comparison to what they deserve..I don't care if City spend £10 zillion in corrupt money to win the title as long as it stops those entitled pricks.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:06 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:30 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

People on here who do not interact on a regular basis with Liverpool fans may think that DB10 , myself and others go on a bit much about Liverpool and their mouthy plastic fans in Dublin/ Ireland.. We really don't, in fact we give them an easy ride in comparison to what they deserve..I don't care if City spend £10 zillion in corrupt money to win the title as long as it stops those entitled pricks.
Absolutely. 8)

Brady and I are of a generation that lived in Dublin when the Mousers were very successful mid 70s to late 80s and every second fairweather bastard was a mouser "fan". They were the plastic manure fans of the day. I equally despise manure and the mousers. The only team and set of fans I despise more is the scum. :censored: And obviously the chav combat 18 vermin are in there too. :censored:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Guess Bate is a miss then. Get off work at 5:15pm and I barely make it to a 7:45 KO. Guess I'll watch Arsenal put 6 past them at the pub!

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:14 pm
I am quietly confident that we will master Bate boriksov :barscarf:
8) has to be read in the voice of the north korean leader from Team America :oops: