The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

A11M11

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by A11M11 »

Hate to bring it up but , there's a lot of wasted money that could be spent on the NHS . £ 39 billion for starters.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:23 am
Hate to bring it up but , there's a lot of wasted money that could be spent on the NHS . £ 39 billion for starters.
well exactly - the best deal we will ever have is to REMAIN in the EU then isn't it ?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

£4.2 billion has been spent so far in preparing for Brexit.

this could have been spent on:

840k hip replacements
91k nurses
91k paramedics
78k doctors
4200 CT scanners
2100 MRI scanners
12 entire NHS hospitals

and what do you get if Brexit happens ? :rubchin: a tax haven for the super rich elite.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:49 am
The stitch up enters it's critical stage ,May has delayed the vote to the 3rd week in January, why is that I wonder ?
Because at that' stage it's too late to pull out of Europe by end march so even if she loses the vote we are still in the Eu which has been the intention all along .
She will be richly rewarded for this I can assure you ,the whole (non) Brexit has been a massive fraud on the gullible British Public !
Democracy my arse !
yes very sad that there were so many gullible people like your limited self who voted for Brexit in the first place!

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

the best deal we will ever have is to REMAIN in the EU then isn't it ?

Under no circumstances , no .
From your last post I assume that you have some medical training or are just good at copy and paste.
yes the NHS needs funding but continually throwing money into a Brussels black hole is not going to give it any.
Have you read the Lisbon treaty and the details of the debates regarding it ? Comments by Tusk , Verhoffstedt , etc . Did you know that the Marrakech agreement was sold as being non binding and only once it was sealed annd delivered did it creep out from Merkel that it is in fact totally binding.
can you not see where this group is heading and do you think it will be good for this country to go ahead with it.
Every time they increase their numbers our say in matters decreases and now that they are introducing majority voting any ifluence we have will reduce and Lisbon clearly states that all of our rebates and opt outs go in 2020 .
That good for us too ?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:40 am
the best deal we will ever have is to REMAIN in the EU then isn't it ?

Under no circumstances , no .
From your last post I assume that you have some medical training or are just good at copy and paste.
yes the NHS needs funding but continually throwing money into a Brussels black hole is not going to give it any.
Have you read the Lisbon treaty and the details of the debates regarding it ? Comments by Tusk , Verhoffstedt , etc . Did you know that the Marrakech agreement was sold as being non binding and only once it was sealed annd delivered did it creep out from Merkel that it is in fact totally binding.
can you not see where this group is heading and do you think it will be good for this country to go ahead with it.
Every time they increase their numbers our say in matters decreases and now that they are introducing majority voting any ifluence we have will reduce and Lisbon clearly states that all of our rebates and opt outs go in 2020 .
That good for us too ?
yes I do think it will be best for this country to continue in the EU.
yes the numbers of countries have increased but as one of the largest countries in the EU we still have considerable say.
isn't that better than having NO say in the future direction of the EU ? Geographically we will always be part of Europe unless Brexiteers have found a way of getting us to sail closer to the US, and so it is social and economic madness to leave the EU!
Why are you so keen to isolate England & Wales ? (Scotland and NI won't hang around much longer)

Although you won't accept it I am afraid that you have been brainwashed by the right wing media.
I just cannot understand how you or anyone can think that a no deal Brexit can be any good for this country.

Yes we pay the EU money but they also provide funding for the deprived areas of the country as well.
In any case the fall in the pound and the almost certain loss of jobs is going to add up to far more than we pay in membership fees.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:44 am
Herd wrote:
The stitch up enters it's critical stage ,May has delayed the vote to the 3rd week in January, why is that I wonder ?
Because at that' stage it's too late to pull out of Europe by end march so even if she loses the vote we are still in the Eu which has been the intention all along .
She will be richly rewarded for this I can assure you ,the whole (non) Brexit has been a massive fraud on the gullible British Public !
Democracy my arse !
yes very sad that there were so many gullible people like your limited self who voted for Brexit in the first place!
Gullible ,Moi ?? I dont think so Rob .
Dodgy Dave Cameron clearly stated what Brexit meant before the referendum ,Out of the free market ,out of the Customs union and out of Europe ,.
May has dragged her heels and will now hold the country to ransom with an unworkable deal or we won't leave .
She has lied to the people to parliament and continues to do so .
Europe and the EU is fucked even if we stay and it will only get worse .
We could have left without the shit we are now faced with ,weve had 2 years to plan for it but they have done nothing .
The more I see of this rubbish the more I know that Brexit is a good thing and in the interests of the country long term however forgive me if I dont claim like yourself to be a super patriot for my opinions ,after all Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel and the virtue of the viscious !

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:38 am
£4.2 billion has been spent so far in preparing for Brexit.

this could have been spent on:

840k hip replacements
91k nurses
91k paramedics
78k doctors
4200 CT scanners
2100 MRI scanners
12 entire NHS hospitals

and what do you get if Brexit happens ? :rubchin: a tax haven for the super rich elite.
OR, OR, OR, OR, OR, OR, OR !!!!!!!!
And then you're still waaaaaay off mark.
Google is your friend.
Crikey,,,,,,,the mind boggles

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

""Yes we pay the EU money but they also provide funding for the deprived areas of the country as well. ""

Considerably less than we give them in the first place. Logic dictates that we spend our money here first . That may need a political change but that's what should happen .

Look around you and see how standards have risen in the countries that we subsidise whilst here they deteriorate daily. Spain , Greece , Portugal have far superior roads , trains , bus , and even refuse collections than ours . I can't talk about places I have not been but in Cyprus I saw posters proclaiming Millions of euros for coastal defences . Here in Norfolk houses are sliding into the sea. But there's no money.
Last edited by A11M11 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:10 pm
""Yes we pay the EU money but they also provide funding for the deprived areas of the country as well. ""

Considerably less than we give them in the first place. Logic dictates that we spend our money here first . That may need a p[olitical change but that's what should happen .

Look around you and see how standards have risen in the countries that we subsidise whilst here they deteriorate daily. Spain , Greece , Portugal have far superior roads , trains , bus , and even refuse collections than ours . I can't talk about places I have not been but in Cyprus I saw posters proclaiming Millions of euros for coastal defences . Here in Norfolk houses are sliding into the sea. But there's no money.
well there is going to be even less money once Brexit happens isn't there!! :banghead: :banghead:

maybe governments in other countries spend more on their infrastructures than we do ?
It is not just because we are propping up the rest of the EU. As a proportion of Gross National Income the UK is only the 6th biggest contributor.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

But the actual figure is ?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:04 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:44 am
Herd wrote:
Democracy my arse !
Gullible ,Moi ?? I dont think so Rob .
Dodgy Dave Cameron clearly stated what Brexit meant before the referendum ,Out of the free market ,out of the Customs union and out of Europe ,.
May has dragged her heels and will now hold the country to ransom with an unworkable deal or we won't leave .
She has lied to the people to parliament and continues to do so .
Europe and the EU is fucked even if we stay and it will only get worse .
We could have left without the shit we are now faced with ,weve had 2 years to plan for it but they have done nothing .
The more I see of this rubbish the more I know that Brexit is a good thing and in the interests of the country long term however forgive me if I dont claim like yourself to be a super patriot for my opinions ,after all Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel and the virtue of the viscious !
Lots of things were said by lots of different people before the referendum.
however on 23rd June we were all asked the same question - whether we wanted to remain in or leave the EU.

Theresa May has fulfilled her obligation, it is disgusting to say she has lied to the people and Parliament.
However now that you see what Brexit looks like and you realise after all that you don't like it, then you too maybe want another referendum ?

I accept your view that you think the EU is fucked but I don't see any signs of this.
If anything they are stronger now that we have decided to leave. No other country is going to be as stupid as ours.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:58 pm
But the actual figure is ?
depends what you want to believe

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-memb ... 5-million/

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Which ever you believe or not the amount we put in is more than we take out , So purely for a financial perspective it's not in our interest . It's like us two meeting up and I say give me a tenner and I will give you 4.50 back but i will let you buy things from me at a discount albeit that i am still making a fat profit.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:40 pm
Which ever you believe or not the amount we put in is more than we take out , So purely for a financial perspective it's not in our interest . It's like us two meeting up and I say give me a tenner and I will give you 4.50 back but i will let you buy things from me at a discount albeit that i am still making a fat profit.
BUT...

there are likely to not be so many jobs
the value of the pound is likely to continue to decrease, so whatever you spend costs more in real terms
the NHS is likely to crumble
you will need to pay everytime you visit the EU
data roaming charges will be reintroduced
food will cost more

I could probably go on...