Dippers A Sat 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Dippers A Sat 1730

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:26 pm
The lack of respect for this Liverpool team and its manager by a couple of people on here is pretty pathetic.

Yes, we all know about the 'victim' thing and I have been as cynical as anyone about chips on the shoulders of scousers down the years. Liverpool sides from previous eras have also had their share of players who are fully deserving of abuse (Souness, Aldridge and others). No more than most teams, and fewer than United, I'd suggest.

But for the life of me I don't see what there is to doubt about the quality of this Liverpool team, or to dislike about them (ok so Salah wins the odd soft penalty.....Bobby Pires v Portsmouth in the Invincibles season, anyone?) For them to be even challenging this phenomenal City squad for the title is an achievement.

Similarly, on both a personal and professional level, what is there not to like or admire about Klopp? If we had got him three years ago instead of hanging on to Inspector Clueless, I suspect we would now be a lot closer to where they are. Granted, he would not have persuaded Kronke to give him big money for a goalkeeper and centre-back, but he would nonetheless have bought much better players below that bracket than those we bought. Mustafi, Xhaka, Mane and Salah all cost about £35 million. Enough said.

and got so much more from the team as a whole.

Those who are (reasonably) defending Dick against this performance and result can't have it both ways. It's true that he hasn't had enough time to turn around the mess he inherited, especially in defence, but if there were progress then we shouldn't be so thoroughly outplayed by any opposition.....unless they are an exceptional team. I would accept that they are, but if you disagree then you really need to ask yourself why Emery should not be under the microscope. Pick a lane.
Not quite as clear cut as that is it? By your logic the Everton team that beat City 4-0 in Guardiola's first season must make them an exceptional team too then?

Liverpool are a very, very good team who have been built under a very, very good manager for a period of just over 3 years. He has bought very wisely but until he smashed the bank and paid £80m for a keeper and £75m for a defender the widely held view is that he still wouldn't win the title. Saleh and Mane have been exceptional buys for certain. What will make him an EXCEPTIONAL manager and them an EXCEPTIONAL team is if and when they go on and beat City to the PL title and win a CL. If they go the whole season unbeaten that would also make them exceptional, To be leading at half way makes them a very good team who might go on to be an exceptional one

Of course it goes without saying that Klopp would have been a significant upgrade on Wenger - that much is 100% true but most of us with hair in funny places said years ago that Kroenke was destroying the club by awarding the old fart contract after contract as we slowly got overtaken by just about everyone around us. Liverpool went years without CL football, as did Spurs and both of them earn significantly less matchday revenues than us.....but still Wenger was allowed to continue spunking millions and taking us below those two.

The question from me is.....if it's not Wenger and not Emery then realistically who is it? Who is out there to unwind 10 years of regression and lack of defensive awareness inside 4 months on a shoestring with a defence full of has beens and never will be's?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
The lack of respect for this Liverpool team and its manager by a couple of people on here is pretty pathetic.

Yes, we all know about the 'victim' thing and I have been as cynical as anyone about chips on the shoulders of scousers down the years. Liverpool sides from previous eras have also had their share of players who are fully deserving of abuse (Souness, Aldridge and others). No more than most teams, and fewer than United, I'd suggest.

But for the life of me I don't see what there is to doubt about the quality of this Liverpool team, or to dislike about them (ok so Salah wins the odd soft penalty.....Bobby Pires v Portsmouth in the Invincibles season, anyone?) For them to be even challenging this phenomenal City squad for the title is an achievement.

Similarly, on both a personal and professional level, what is there not to like or admire about Klopp? If we had got him three years ago instead of hanging on to Inspector Clueless, I suspect we would now be a lot closer to where they are. Granted, he would not have persuaded Kronke to give him big money for a goalkeeper and centre-back, but he would nonetheless have bought much better players below that bracket than those we bought. Mustafi, Xhaka, Mane and Salah all cost about £35 million. Enough said.

Those who are (reasonably) defending Dick against this performance and result can't have it both ways. It's true that he hasn't had enough time to turn around the mess he inherited, especially in defence, but if there were progress then we shouldn't be so thoroughly outplayed by any opposition.....unless they are an exceptional team. I would accept that they are, but if you disagree then you really need to ask yourself why Emery should not be under the microscope. Pick a lane.
Klopp is as unlikeable as they come....I remember DB always having a go at Conte & Klopp as being media whores. I always felt deep down, that with Conte it was genuine, in the moment Italian passion, which he seemed sheepish about afterward.

Not so with Klopp...everything he does is calculated and spotlight seeking, everything to get the baying victims on his side....that business of not talking to the Sun, deliberately swearing on air at the post match, running onto the field in the Everton game...look at me, look at me......look at me. Always trying to ingratiate himself with the "never walk alone" morons.

About the only thing that could make that club worse than what is already was, is Klopp. As DB said, the whole club is built on cuntiness.

As for "what is not to like about Klopp" on a personal level......My answer would be everything

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:11 pm
Having rewatched the highlights with less rage boiling away I think both their pennos were dives. Salah deffo dived and the other one was "soft" at best but for me it was a dive. :censored:
yeah, we was well beaten fair enough, would have made no difference to the result, but at least one was not a penalty........

Cant even put your hand on anyone in the penalty area now as its a definite penalty, but outside the box its not even a foul.....seriously don't get that

Then Salah does not get banned for diving, so floodgates officially opened

Also when the ball went out for a clear as day Arsenal throw, 40,000 scouse cheats screaming it was their throw in......absolute orchestrated scum

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

If these vermin bastards do blow it, then it would be even sweeter than stevie me’s slip!
Come on citeh please don’t give them an easy ride

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:22 pm
If these vermin bastards do blow it, then it would be even sweeter than stevie me’s slip!
Oh, they will. They've still got to go to City and Utd and the Chavs still have to go there and the scum. They will lose to the first two, possibly the Chavs and draw with the scum. Then, they'll drop points away to other teams and finish six points behind City. Shipman Klopp is a serial loser and too much of an egotist to think straight when the pressure is on. They will fuck this right up.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:22 pm
goonersid wrote:
Oh, they will. They've still got to go to City and Utd and the Chavs still have to go there and the scum. They will lose to the first two, possibly the Chavs and draw with the scum. Then, they'll drop points away to other teams and finish six points behind City. Shipman Klopp is a serial loser and too much of an egotist to think straight when the pressure is on. They will fuck this right up.
Woohoo! I love you perry

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Agree the LAST thing I want is for those thieving, loud mouth, whiney, gobshite, murdering cuntts to win the title or anything else for that matter. And klopp looks like a vagrant who has "borrowed" (cough, cough) someone else's false teeth which are too big for him.

I think the "Hard Reality" of our situation; thanks to wenger and the board is truly hitting home. The squad Emery has inherited is BAD, we have some very decent players but also a lot of dross.

At the start everyone was saying okay, he's been dealt a load of shyte, but we'll get behind him and give him at least 2 / seasons and now there are those who are already calling for his head - which for me is simply short-sighted as he really does need time and Financial Backing from Kroenke to sort out the Wenger-Mess.

Some of the players Emery brought in do not seem to be what we all hoped they might be. The likes of Lichtsteiner started well but he ain't good enough. Neither are Koscielny, Mustafi, Xhaka, Jenkinson and Elneny, (something we already knew) but any hopes of shipping them all out and replacing them is somewhat un-realistic.

Torreira has been amazing, but even he had a bad game yesterday, Guendouzi has tremendous potential but has much to learn, but the potential is there.

As for Leno I'm not entirely sure - He is our best choice at the moment, but he came at a price that seems to show his present level. He MUST improve or we are fuckked.

Early doors Iwobi seemed to have moved up several notches from last season under wengercuntslop and I was genuinely hoping that this was due to the new coaching regime etc - But he seems to have reverted to (last season's) type.

Bellerin has improved but I don't think he is a right back, perhaps more a right mid-fielder, but he needs some serious coaching on how to Cross the Ball.

I think Lacazette, Aubamayang and Mikhitaryan are good enough, but need the right Mid-field to support and supply them with ammunition.

I think that the team seem to operate as three separate units at the moment:

Defence (abysmal though it is) is dis-connected from the Mid-field (which is also awful) who are not protecting the back line and are struggling to provide the attack with service and Emery needs to make the team a"Team" a fully integrated Unit, but that is part of the mess that wengercuntslop left us with.

What I genuinely fear is while the other top 6 teams are all investing and progressing - Kroenke will not invest at the level we need and it could be a long dark decade of finishing outside the top 4, with our only hope of success being the FA or Carabou Cup..or maybe - Maybe the Europa Cup.

UNAI's Red & White Army! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

goonersid wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:36 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:22 pm
goonersid wrote:
Woohoo! I love you perry
You too, darling.xx

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:10 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:

Klopp is as unlikeable as they come....I remember DB always having a go at Conte & Klopp as being media whores. I always felt deep down, that with Conte it was genuine, in the moment Italian passion, which he seemed sheepish about afterward.

Not so with Klopp...everything he does is calculated and spotlight seeking, everything to get the baying victims on his side....that business of not talking to the Sun, deliberately swearing on air at the post match, running onto the field in the Everton game...look at me, look at me......look at me. Always trying to ingratiate himself with the "never walk alone" morons.

About the only thing that could make that club worse than what is already was, is Klopp. As DB said, the whole club is built on cuntiness.

As for "what is not to like about Klopp" on a personal level......My answer would be everything
Not sure what the personal hatred for Klopp is tbh aside from he is the manager of the victims. If the Arsenal board had any balls and got rid of Wenger in 2014, and replaced him with Klopp we would all be besides ourselves right now. Maybe Klopp with less money would not have hit the heights he has at pool, but for sure we would be in a better place now.

The guy is amongst a new breed of managers putting out some of the best football the PL has seen since the Invincibles. There is a reason why Manure got rid of Maureen, they can see he like Wenger was getting left behind.

This sort of thing winds me up the most though about Arsenal in the Social Media age, a day after a thumping at pool DT pictured with Leno after having a facetime chat. Seems like they met up at South Mimms. Emery should have a word imo and not allow access to our players for pricks like DT.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsA6ro_BkzL/

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:36 pm
xisstential wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:

Not sure what the personal hatred for Klopp is tbh aside from he is the manager of the victims. If the Arsenal board had any balls and got rid of Wenger in 2014, and replaced him with Klopp we would all be besides ourselves right now. Maybe Klopp with less money would not have hit the heights he has at pool, but for sure we would be in a better place now.

The guy is amongst a new breed of managers putting out some of the best football the PL has seen since the Invincibles. There is a reason why Manure got rid of Maureen, they can see he like Wenger was getting left behind.

This sort of thing winds me up the most though about Arsenal in the Social Media age, a day after a thumping at pool DT pictured with Leno after having a facetime chat. Seems like they met up at South Mimms. Emery should have a word imo and not allow access to our players for pricks like DT.

Spot on. The dislike of Klopp is irrational. He may be a 'natural performer' when in front of a camera, but win or lose he is good natured and I can't remember him blaming refs when things haven't gone his way. Remember also that when he accepted the Liverpool job, in October 2015, they were out of the Champions' League and we were in it. Of course he would have been promised money to invest in rebuilding the team which he would not have been at Arsenal, which is an indictment of our owner's lack of ambition for the club. But the point is Liverpool took a gamble on replacing and (as it turns out) upgrading Brendan Rodgers who barely a year earlier had only just failed to win them the championship. While we have to give Emery time, we should not necessarily assume he is the best we can aspire to. We should know more within a couple of years.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:04 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:

Spot on. The dislike of Klopp is irrational. He may be a 'natural performer' when in front of a camera, but win or lose he is good natured and I can't remember him blaming refs when things haven't gone his way. Remember also that when he accepted the Liverpool job, in October 2015, they were out of the Champions' League and we were in it. Of course he would have been promised money to invest in rebuilding the team which he would not have been at Arsenal, which is an indictment of our owner's lack of ambition for the club. But the point is Liverpool took a gamble on replacing and (as it turns out) upgrading Brendan Rodgers who barely a year earlier had only just failed to win them the championship. While we have to give Emery time, we should not necessarily assume he is the best we can aspire to. We should know more within a couple of years.
When a person continually behaves like a "look at me arsehole" ALL the time, the dislike for him is not irrational, it is related to his behaviour.

On the flip side you have to cut any manager who goes there a bit of slack....Imagine how stomach turning it must be to try be accepted by a City who's behaviour and embracing of being the perennial victims, with zero sense of irony or shame, knows absolutely no bounds. It's a fuck up of a place with people who are raised on a mindset of being continually offended, victimised or wronged.

Even a PM of ours sent one of his senior ministers up there on a train to personally apologise to them for stating an obvious fact about them.

They killed 39 Italian football fans, got the UK kicked out of European football and they refuse to acknowledge it, let alone apologise for it. FUCK them.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:41 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:04 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:

When a person continually behaves like a "look at me arsehole" ALL the time, the dislike for him is not irrational, it is related to his behaviour.

On the flip side you have to cut any manager who goes there a bit of slack....Imagine how stomach turning it must be to try be accepted by a City who's behaviour and embracing of being the perennial victims, with zero sense of irony or shame, knows absolutely no bounds. It's a fuck up of a place with people who are raised on a mindset of being continually offended, victimised or wronged.

Even a PM of ours sent one of his senior ministers up there on a train to personally apologise to them for stating an obvious fact about them.

They killed 39 Italian football fans, got the UK kicked out of European football and they refuse to acknowledge it, let alone apologise for it. FUCK them.
He could be the biggest cock on the planet, but he is a football manager first and foremost and a good one with it. Not forgetting hes a pretty good man manager and has all of his team playing for him 100%. I really dont think he does much wrong with the media side of things. As I said before you would be singing a different tune if he was our manager.

You can go on about their fans till the cows come home, they have been behaving like knobheads long before Klopp turned up. He wasnt responsible for Heysel or Hillsboro so not sure what your point is there tbh.

Luckily we have someone in a similar mould football wise. Lets just back him ffs.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Exactly, with our whole back line being shite we're never gonna beat any decent team.
Unai said post match that we need to do a lot of work. Well you don't have to be a genius to know that.
Klopp has done a great job at Liverpool and the majority of people on here wanted him to replace Wenger before he went there so all the slagging off for him is a bit silly. I'd much rather see Liverpool win the title than either Manchester club or Chelsea or Spurs for that matter.
They beat us, so what. They're the inform team at the moment and we all knew it was going to happen.

I say it again, our whole back line is shite and I'm not fully convinced by Leno either.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

John Alridge in today's Sunday World newspaper published here in Ireland said in his column he took great pleasure in us taking a hiding because of us winning the league back in 89,so that sums these scum up to a tee,so when I come on here and read people defending these dirty shower of scum is beyond believe,cos of these murdering scum English clubs got a 5 year ban, which affected us and everton ,now we will never know if we could have gone on to win the European Cup in that time,we were denied that chance ,which potentialially might have changed our history, we will never know ,but fuck them and their dirty shower of scum fans, by far the most loathsome club in English football.

Perryashburtongroves

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:10 am
John Alridge in today's Sunday World newspaper published here in Ireland said in his column he took great pleasure in us taking a hiding because of us winning the league back in 89,so that sums these scum up to a tee,so when I come on here and read people defending these dirty shower of scum is beyond believe,cos of these murdering scum English clubs got a 5 year ban, which affected us and everton ,now we will never know if we could have gone on to win the European Cup in that time,we were denied that chance ,which potentialially might have changed our history, we will never know ,but fuck them and their dirty shower of scum fans, by far the most loathsome club in English football.
That man is a piece of shit *word censored* who sums up every fucking reason why people hate that shit stain of a club. Just think back to what that penalty missing *word censored* did in 1989 to Brian Laws in that re-arranged semi final, ruffling his hair after he scored an own goal. The whole football world made an effort to respect their dead that they themselves had killed and he took the piss out of an opposition player. The *word censored* didn't quite like it though when Tony Adams went up to him and said: "That's for Brian Laws" a few minutes after we won the league there. The *word censored* is an absolute *word censored* of a human being. Typical scouse loud-mouthed shit *word censored* of a prick.