Chavski H Sat 19th KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Chavski H Sat 19th KO 1730

Post by Bradywasking »

JimmyAFC wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:56 am
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:17 pm
Fucking hell Sarri has thrown the Chav players under the bus in the after match presser saying they are difficult to motivate.

Let's hope that results in some sort of response from them Thursday night against the scum but it could easily go both ways and those players could down tools now. They've got enough managers the sack down through the years so they know the drill but the way he has spoken about them it's hard to see a way back.
I wasn't convinced on him when they got him in and i'm even more unconvinced now.

He seems like another Wenger.

He won't last at their gaff.

Abramovich will move him on if they win nothing this season. Guaranteed
Think he is a dead man walking after those comments. Chelsea players don't have a history of accepting criticism. Abramovich does have a history of siding with the players.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

A fantastic win against a shower of wankers 8) Thd defence actually played well :shock:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

David J. Chao, MD
@ProFootballDoc
Good news: not ACL tear.
Bad news: quad tendon tear, surgery and 9 months rehab.
Looks like Bellerin will be out till November at the earliest. Apparently the ManUre reject Rafael is doing alright at Lyon and is available for free at the end of the season. :rubchin:

I'd much rather get in somebody with serious potential like Wan-Bissaka from Palace or a sure thing like Sime Vrsaljko at Inter.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Great result and a solid performance, now we need consistency.
Whilst being a critic of Emery, I do actually want him to succeed, so lets hope this win can get us back on track, otherwise it will simply prove to be a one off in between many poor performances, like so many times under wenger.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Kos standing tall to block a shot and getting clattered in the bollocks for his troubles while Xhaka ducked out of the way of the shot.

A picture paints a fucking thousand words.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The difference between the two is that when lacazette is on the pitch long kicks out of defence stick up there 40% of the time whereas with Auba it comes straight back. As for right back , if we are not buying it's time to give Jenkinson a run . He is tallish can head defensively and is not slow recovering . Maitland Niles is wasted back there and should be playing where Ramsey was yesterday but has a long way to get as useful as Ramsey who slowed after half time and that was when AMN was correctly bought on.
That was the performance we needed . Have they got it in them to do it every match ? I doubt it but it's gone quite a way to get the Wolves away from Emery's back.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Oh hello we can play from the start of a game and we can get stuck straight into a team. Dick had things spot on yesterday so well done to him and maybe more importantly the players actually did what he wanted them to and showed what they can do if they bother their arses. If they play in a committed fashion like that they will get results but they need to show that in every game :rubchin:

I can live with the twats giving Giroud a song but I could only shake my head when they boo, albeit briefly, a substitution which gives us fresh legs and a stronger position defensively as we got towards the end of a game where we were two up against the Chavs and needed to close the game out. The twats probably expected more fucking forwards to be brought on a la TOF. Make no mistake Chelski played some decent stuff and are just a striker short of being a really difficult side to play. Had they nicked a goal towards the end then it might have turned into a very different story. They reminded me of a certain Arsenal team who could play the ball nicely upto an opponents box but had no end product.

Kos and Sokratis had a balanced look about them and how fucking much of a relief to have a couple of grown ups in the middle of defence for a change. Kolasinac in a back four is still a worry for me - he's fine going forward but isn't quick to get back and really needs to use his size and aggression more to intimidate opponents. Bellerin actually demonstrated his speed for once pushing the ball past a chav and going round the other side of him to collect it....and then five minutes later gets crocked! Poor old AMN 2 minutes in position and then back to being a stand in RB.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Sad news for Bellerin & the club in general. He was having a decent game & was a big part of our first half performance. Hope the op goes OK for him & this doesn't end his football career. We'll miss him as we did in recent months when he was out. Nice result. :barscarf: :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:43 pm
I think the subs today showed we really have a lack of depth we had no central out ball to link with the forwards, Elneny was very poor and look so far out his depth running about without purpose
exactly what I thought.,our first 11 will match anybody but once iwobi ,AMN and Elneny came on we looked pedestrian and clueless,those players really are crap,that moment when AMN tracked backed won the ball,tried a fade only for it to go out for a corner,the guy is asleep most of the time! and Guendouzi who had been solid all of a sudden looked awful once the changes were made,he has got to stop looking to go down,he initiates contact all the time,so far hes gotting away with it but refs will wise up and he will get caught out,he needs to keep moving the ball quickly like in the first half,thts when he is at his best

augie

Post by augie »

markyp wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:32 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
I think the subs today showed we really have a lack of depth we had no central out ball to link with the forwards, Elneny was very poor and look so far out his depth running about without purpose
exactly what I thought.,our first 11 will match anybody but once iwobi ,AMN and Elneny came on we looked pedestrian and clueless,those players really are crap,that moment when AMN tracked backed won the ball,tried a fade only for it to go out for a corner,the guy is asleep most of the time! and Guendouzi who had been solid all of a sudden looked awful once the changes were made,he has got to stop looking to go down,he initiates contact all the time,so far hes gotting away with it but refs will wise up and he will get caught out,he needs to keep moving the ball quickly like in the first half,thts when he is at his best

I'm a guendozi fan but of late I think that he is beginning to struggle, whether it be from fatigue or opposition teams wising up to him. He has become sloppy in possession and it has affected his confidence because he is now a lot slower releasing the ball and is inclined to go backwards and sidewards instead of forwards. His fondness of taking a tumble is becoming very apparent and referee's are getting wise to it to the point that he now isnt getting free kicks that he should be getting.

Personally I think that dick is beginning to misuse torreira along the same lines as sarri is doing with kante - for me torreira should be playing the central DM role and be flanked by guendozi and maitland-niles, but dick has shoved torreira wide and it is killing him asking him to cover the flanks in front of the full backs. We have 2 young centre mids, so let them do that job 8) Xhaka has to go :evil: :evil:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:50 pm
markyp wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

I'm a guendozi fan but of late I think that he is beginning to struggle, whether it be from fatigue or opposition teams wising up to him. He has become sloppy in possession and it has affected his confidence because he is now a lot slower releasing the ball and is inclined to go backwards and sidewards instead of forwards. His fondness of taking a tumble is becoming very apparent and referee's are getting wise to it to the point that he now isnt getting free kicks that he should be getting.

Personally I think that dick is beginning to misuse torreira along the same lines as sarri is doing with kante - for me torreira should be playing the central DM role and be flanked by guendozi and maitland-niles, but dick has shoved torreira wide and it is killing him asking him to cover the flanks in front of the full backs. We have 2 young centre mids, so let them do that job 8) Xhaka has to go :evil: :evil:
There was an incident in the first half which sums up Xhaka's entire career. PEA raced back, executed a clean as you like sliding tackle, from behind, on a Chelsea player....... this was between the halfway line and our box. The ball came loose to Xhaka's feet. He then dawdled on the ball...waltzed infield with it, at snail pace, got sandwiched by 2 Chelsea players and dispossessed. It then becomes somebody else's problem to deal with the potential danger as he jogged lazily back :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The man offers NOTHING!!

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:51 pm
augie wrote:
markyp wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

There was an incident in the first half which sums up Xhaka's entire career. PEA raced back, executed a clean as you like sliding tackle, from behind, on a Chelsea player....... this was between the halfway line and our box. The ball came loose to Xhaka's feet. He then dawdled on the ball...waltzed infield with it, at snail pace, got sandwiched by 2 Chelsea players and dispossessed. It then becomes somebody else's problem to deal with the potential danger as he jogged lazily back :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The man offers NOTHING!!
Totally agree.

How he was rated in Switzerland is anyone's guess.

Very average footballer

Sam.Harrison

Post by Sam.Harrison »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:51 pm
augie wrote:
markyp wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

The man offers NOTHING!!
He cost us £35 million and we pay him £90k a week.

People praised him at the beginning of the season when paired with Torreria but he just makes too many mistakes.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Bellerin out for 6-9 months

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Bellerin out for 6-9 months