Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by xisstential »

Sky!! Everything, and I mean everything, about them. Their bias, the know it all pundits, which now includes women, including hosting, their undisguised love affair with some clubs and some managers.....That prostate guy who hosts Soccer Saturday and who used his position to attack the Hartlepool manager yet refused to discuss our banner deriding Kroenke.......... on & on one could go......Another agenda driven tv station paid for by the people they so dismissively brush off. :x :x :x

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:15 pm
Sky!! Everything, and I mean everything, about them. Their bias, the know it all pundits, which now includes women, including hosting, their undisguised love affair with some clubs and some managers.....That prostate guy who hosts Soccer Saturday and who used his position to attack the Hartlepool manager yet refused to discuss our banner deriding Kroenke.......... on & on one could go......Another agenda driven tv station paid for by the people they so dismissively brush off. :x :x :x
Amen. They epitomise everything I hate about the modern social media driven game of Sawker - as adverse to proper old school football.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The forced moral indignation at the (admittedly crass) behaviour of a few Southampton fans last Saturday . Yes they were very much in the wrong for making aeroplane sttke gestures during yet another minutes silence for Emiliano Sala. But come on if you are going to morally police football then you are going to be very busy.
Lifetime bans are in response to the outrage against what they done rather than what they actually done.
I get it that it may have upset some people but we live in a world that craves being upset and the outpourings of self righteousness are purely for self interest by most people.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:07 pm
xisstential wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:15 pm
Amen. They epitomise everything I hate about the modern social media driven game of Sawker - as adverse to proper old school football.
Can I throw in that station's obsession with the choreographed antics of Jurgen Klopp. Last Sunday morning on SSN the presenter was aroused by Klopp's latest display of "passion" .after their win against Bournemouth.
Thry take the moral high ground on issues and employ s grown man who spat at a child. Enough said.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:46 am
The forced moral indignation at the (admittedly crass) behaviour of a few Southampton fans last Saturday . Yes they were very much in the wrong for making aeroplane sttke gestures during yet another minutes silence for Emiliano Sala. But come on if you are going to morally police football then you are going to be very busy.
Lifetime bans are in response to the outrage against what they done rather than what they actually done.
I get it that it may have upset some people but we live in a world that craves being upset and the outpourings of self righteousness are purely for self interest by most people.
Oh guess what, we're going to get a minutes silence or a minutes wild applause and whooping or whatever the latest wheeze is for the CL ties this week in memory of Sala who never played in the UK and as far as I know has never played in the CL. I can't remember Nantes being in the CL or even the Ropey cup, as currently graced by the once mighty Arsenal, for that matter. That said, I just saw that Gordon Banks has died so at least they can double up and get two for the price of one. Alternatively the hand wringers might want to save Gordon for the week after to get the most out of their public display of grief and anguish.

augie

Post by augie »

A quick question to any of you that might be coaching/managing a schoolboys football team, or have a kid playing for a schoolboys footie team -

in England, is there an fa rule that states that kids have to play for a club that is within a certain distance of where they live ?

herbert

Post by herbert »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:01 pm
A quick question to any of you that might be coaching/managing a schoolboys football team, or have a kid playing for a schoolboys footie team -

in England, is there an fa rule that states that kids have to play for a club that is within a certain distance of where they live ?
! hour maximum travel distance up to u11 and then I hour 30 minutes up to U16 ,I think its the same all over Europe

augie

Post by augie »

herbert wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:38 pm
augie wrote:

! hour maximum travel distance up to u11 and then I hour 30 minutes up to U16 ,I think its the same all over Europe

Not over here it's not - my youngest lad (and 2 of his team-mates) have a chance to sign for the biggest schoolboy club in Ireland, and there is some hassle with the move. There is a rule here that kids cannot play for a club that is outside of a radius of 80 kilometre's from where they live, and all the family houses of all 3 are just outside that limit. It takes us approx. 1hr 20mins to get there so for under 14 players that would be ok in the uk, but over here it is an issue :roll:
What is making it really frustrating for all of us, is that in a few weeks time his team are meant to be going over to play The Arsenal Academy U-14 side, and as my son is also a Gooner, this is a very big deal for him. As well as that, the club he is joining runs The Academy Cup at easter which usually involves Barcelona FC (winners the last 3 years), and the last few seasons teams such as psg, celtic, the baggies and AFC competed in it, and last year athletico madrid, bayer Leverkusen and Dortmund were in it. It is the stuff of dreams for a young kid, and the club he is leaving is trying to use a bullshit rule to prevent these kids going - that crap would never have happened back in the day, but it seems that nowadays blocking transfers like this is acceptable :banghead:

herbert

Post by herbert »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:31 pm
herbert wrote:
augie wrote:

Not over here it's not - my youngest lad (and 2 of his team-mates) have a chance to sign for the biggest schoolboy club in Ireland, and there is some hassle with the move. There is a rule here that kids cannot play for a club that is outside of a radius of 80 kilometre's from where they live, and all the family houses of all 3 are just outside that limit. It takes us approx. 1hr 20mins to get there so for under 14 players that would be ok in the uk, but over here it is an issue :roll:
What is making it really frustrating for all of us, is that in a few weeks time his team are meant to be going over to play The Arsenal Academy U-14 side, and as my son is also a Gooner, this is a very big deal for him. As well as that, the club he is joining runs The Academy Cup at easter which usually involves Barcelona FC (winners the last 3 years), and the last few seasons teams such as psg, celtic, the baggies and AFC competed in it, and last year athletico madrid, bayer Leverkusen and Dortmund were in it. It is the stuff of dreams for a young kid, and the club he is leaving is trying to use a bullshit rule to prevent these kids going - that crap would never have happened back in the day, but it seems that nowadays blocking transfers like this is acceptable :banghead:
The Irish fa and uefa must consider 80 kilometres as 1.30 minutes travel time ,If you can get there in 1.20 minutes and your not that far out of the 80kilometres then I would email the Irish fa and explain your sons situation on a personal level

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

augie wrote:
herbert wrote:
augie wrote:

I don't suppose you have a relation or friend whose address is with the 80k, if you have just register it as his address and f**k em

augie

Post by augie »

greengooner wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:13 pm
augie wrote:
herbert wrote:
augie wrote:

I don't suppose you have a relation or friend whose address is with the 80k, if you have just register it as his address and f**k em

Something along those lines :wink:

Anyway, the only reason I brought it up was to ask if this kind of parochial bullshit rules exist in england, and it is refreshing to know that it isnt as petty over there

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

5 live have just had some cow "with 80 caps for England" taking about Gordon Banks. :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

VAR in the champions league, which has managed to be worse than any other iteration of this farce.

Linesmen being instructed to put their flag up and then raise it as soon as somebody might score. Probably trebling the number of goals checked by VAR, which is a game-ruiner as it is.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:16 pm
5 live have just had some cow "with 80 caps for England" taking about Gordon Banks. :banghead:
Fucking snowflake pc token bastards. :censored:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:16 pm
Well none of the womans Goalkeepers have ever learnt anything from Gordon Banks because if there one position that shows you how fucking crap womans football is it's the goalkeeping which is of the lowest standard possible !

On the other hand I do enjoy a bit of womans five nation rugby seeing a loose moving maul with steaming squirming bodies is quite erotic !