Europa League |Arsenal vs BATE Borisov|Thursday 21/02/19 - 17:55|

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
John F

Re: Europa League |Arsenal vs BATE Borisov|Thursday 21/02/19 - 17:55|

Post by John F »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:21 am
John F......are you serious? Raphael Meade was a hundred times better than any of these (most of them Wenger ‘Qualitee’ signings).

Fabián Caballero
Marouane Chamakh
Lee Chapman
Tomas Danilevičius
Kaba Diawara
John Hawley
Júlio Baptista
Ryo Miyaichi
Chu-young Park
Yaya Sanogo
I didn't think this one through and I have to admit Sanogo was by far worse.He used to make me laugh at how bad he was.I thought he might be related to Ali Dia who conned Graham Souness into playing him at Southampton after claiming that he was a professional footballer and that he was George Weah's cousin.At least Souness got rid of him after 20 minutes not like inspector clueless.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Still have nightmares about Sanogo stumbling around Wembley like a drunk horse in that FA Cup semi final against Wigan.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

John F wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:47 am
TeeCee wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:21 am
John F......are you serious? Raphael Meade was a hundred times better than any of these (most of them Wenger ‘Qualitee’ signings).

Fabián Caballero
Marouane Chamakh
Lee Chapman
Tomas Danilevičius
Kaba Diawara
John Hawley
Júlio Baptista
Ryo Miyaichi
Chu-young Park
Yaya Sanogo
I didn't think this one through and I have to admit Sanogo was by far worse.He used to make me laugh at how bad he was.I thought he might be related to Ali Dia who conned Graham Souness into playing him at Southampton after claiming that he was a professional footballer and that he was George Weah's cousin.At least Souness got rid of him after 20 minutes not like inspector clueless.
Hang on mate don't chuck the towel in too soon, I remember Meade as a bit of a dud too, he didn't instil any confidence at the time and but for the fact that TOF managed to sign some real utter dross over the years he would be up there as one to forget.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Suarez and Ozil have to start this match otherwise Emery is going to get slaughtered. I'd like to see Suarez from the start as we simply haven't seen enough of him to make a call on his suitability to the Arsenal. I was expecting him to be a Reyes like signing.
An absolute must win game for emery. If Ozil is serious about supporting the club he has to make himself available for this game.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:57 pm
Suarez and Ozil have to start this match otherwise Emery is going to get slaughtered. I'd like to see Suarez from the start as we simply haven't seen enough of him to make a call on his suitability to the Arsenal. I was expecting him to be a Reyes like signing.
An absolute must win game for emery. If Ozil is serious about supporting the club he has to make himself available for this game.
Quite agree and posted same on the Ozil thread a few days ago. Positive comments from Dick in the press today about Ozil and Suarez must have something about him if he convinced Barca to sign him. Stick them both on and see what they can do.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:07 am
Still have nightmares about Sanogo stumbling around Wembley like a drunk horse in that FA Cup semi final against Wigan.
He also played in the final v Hull you know !

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

He has to go down as the worst player to ever play in an FA cup final, he is not even professional standard, he can't trap a ball.

I am not sure he would get in my sunday team :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:08 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:07 am
He also played in the final v Hull you know !
Pretty loose usage of the word "played" there.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

One thing for sure, if he messes this up there can be no excuses whatsoever, he should be able to overturn the 1st leg with an under21 line-up!
So even the most ardent EKBs like Augie :wink: will find it hard to blame Wenger, should this go tits up!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:52 am
One thing for sure, if he messes this up there can be no excuses whatsoever, he should be able to overturn the 1st leg with an under21 line-up!
So even the most ardent EKBs like Augie :wink: will find it hard to blame Wenger, should this go tits up!
No worries sid we will fuck these pubbers 5-0 (or 5-1 of he plays Kryten Features).

You can add me to the list of EKBs too because to be honest if you are calling for his head after half a season with the absolute horror show he inherited then (and no offence intended buddy) you are either on the WUM or desperate to be able to point back at these posts if it does go proper tits up in a year or two and say "I told you so". Maybe I'm wrong in that but I just cannot see how anyone can want him gone before he's had a chance to prove himself.

The man has got to be given at least 2 full seasons to try sort out our mess of a team - especially given the fucked up transfer situation.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. I love Dick. :D

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:00 am
goonersid wrote:
No worries sid we will fuck these pubbers 5-0 (or 5-1 of he plays Kryten Features).

You can add me to the list of EKBs too because to be honest if you are calling for his head after half a season with the absolute horror show he inherited then (and no offence intended buddy) you are either on the WUM or desperate to be able to point back at these posts if it does go proper tits up in a year or two and say "I told you so". Maybe I'm wrong in that but I just cannot see how anyone can want him gone before he's had a chance to prove himself.

The man has got to be given at least 2 full seasons to try sort out our mess of a team - especially given the fucked up transfer situation.

Well DB ! I would have thought I’ve been posting on here long enough for you to recognise that I would never try to wind anybody up :wink:
Seriously though, I have posted what I believe are undeniably valid points as to why thus far, Emery hasn’t shown enough to EARN another season.
I would love to see him turn it around, but there hasnt been a single sign that he can do any better than Wenger.
For you to suggest, that I am somehow trying to pre-empt failure in order to say “I told you so” whilst yourself taking the moral highground , is a bit disappointing.
We are in a mess, a mess which will require a lot of cleaning up, for me Dick hasnt even picked up a broom!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:24 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Well DB ! I would have thought I’ve been posting on here long enough for you to recognise that I would never try to wind anybody up :wink:
Seriously though, I have posted what I believe are undeniably valid points as to why thus far, Emery hasn’t shown enough to EARN another season.
I would love to see him turn it around, but there hasnt been a single sign that he can do any better than Wenger.
For you to suggest, that I am somehow trying to pre-empt failure in order to say “I told you so” whilst yourself taking the moral highground , is a bit disappointing.
We are in a mess, a mess which will require a lot of cleaning up, for me Dick hasnt even picked up a broom!
Fair enough and I meant no offence but I just can't believe anyone would judge him so finally so soon after he inherited such a badly broken club and team.

He is trying to change a decade long culture of underperforming.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:29 am
goonersid wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:24 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Fair enough and I meant no offence but I just can't believe anyone would judge him so finally so soon after he inherited such a badly broken club and team.

He is trying to change a decade long culture of underperforming.
No bother lad!

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think Dick should comfortably master Bate tonight and then once we've wiped them off we will concentrate on the next target !

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Absolute scenes when he starts 3 defensive midfielders and leaves Ozil and Ramsey on the bench.