THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:04 pm
Herd wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:31 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:51 am
I read this article earlier, and only now have I stopped laughing long enough to share it.
Thanks for the laughs Seaman

'He'd want to come back and prove people wrong': David Seaman claims former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger 'would be great as Chelsea manager' https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... nager.html

When does the frauds 19mil gardening leave end?
Make it happen :)
Seaman like Wenger struggles to find purpose since leaving the game and despite his many failed attempts to make it as a Z list celebrity he still lacks a daytime job to ease the boredom of everyday life .
Saying that Wenger would be good for Chelsea is cute ,there's no chance of it happening but if it does Seaman will be applying for the Goalkeepers Coach position and at the same time gets paid 500 quid for quoting in the paper and If Wenger ever gets another Job he hasn't done his chances any harm .
Frankly speaking I've always disliked Seaman despite the fact he was great for us for many years , I liked and knew John Lukic so there's the bias !
I met Bob Wilson twice and let him take a photo of the two of us together on the second occasion. Does that count? :D :wink:
Funnily enough spunky was on the Alan Brazil show on talksport this morning and it sounds like he spends his days attending a lot of charidee events mate.

Bob Wilson, never met him BUT one spring afternoon in the late 80s my mates and I were sat on a wall in Avenell Road when we saw Bob looking out of the ticket office window at the crowds and when we waved at him he waved back to us and gave us a thumbs up. Happy days.

Oh I have met and know our ex keeper Jim Will.........anybody remember him, he never actually played for us :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Wenger talking about Ozil being in a comfort zone because of his contract is like Nigel Farrage talking about the perils of Brexit.

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

Also, did you see the Wankers reaction when the journo had the temerity to ask him about Ozil - as if it was nothing to do with him. Arsehole. I wish they'd asked him how many games he's attended since he got the tin tack?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:11 am
Wenger talking about Ozil being in a comfort zone because of his contract is like Nigel Farrage talking about the perils of Brexit.
Unbelievable..The utter arsepiece that he is :oops: comfort zone :rubchin: he created the comfort zone that all of his projects float around in the fucking madman.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 33/1 for the Leicester job. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Arsene Wenger lovechild Abou Diaby retires.

Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby has announced his retirement from playing at the age of 32 following an injury-ravaged career.

Diaby made just 200 club appearances in total during a senior career that spanned 14-and-a-half years, and had been without a club since being released by Marseille in 2017.

While at Arsenal Diaby, incredibly, suffered 42 separate injuries.

@ DailyFail

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:43 pm
Arsene Wenger lovechild Abou Diaby retires.

Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby has announced his retirement from playing at the age of 32 following an injury-ravaged career.

Diaby made just 200 club appearances in total during a senior career that spanned 14-and-a-half years, and had been without a club since being released by Marseille in 2017.

While at Arsenal Diaby, incredibly, suffered 42 separate injuries.

@ DailyFail
An absolute and total waste of money. I read somewhere that he was gifted something like £27million in the 10 years he sat his useless arse on our treatment table. And that would be a conservative estimate I'd imagine. Wengernomics at its best. :roll:

The moment that epitomised his entire career was his first game back for us after yet another long spell out injured and he came on as a sub, lasted 9 minutes, fresh aired a ball, pulled his calf, and turned to the bench and made that revolving arms gesture asking to be subbed back off. :lol: :roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I thought he'd retired in 2010!! :shock: :rubchin: :banghead:

Naki_Gooner

Post by Naki_Gooner »

was watching a rerun of the 2007 carling cup final the other day and diaby had to leave the ground injured after knocking john crunt terry sparko by kicking him in the head at a defensive corner.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Naki_Gooner wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:19 pm
was watching a rerun of the 2007 carling cup final the other day and diaby had to leave the ground injured after knocking john crunt terry sparko by kicking him in the head at a defensive corner.
Yup.
I was looking up that image tonight for old times sake.
Tbh, I actually liked the player, a lot. But his injuries were awful, and I always wonder why Wenger persisted with him as long as he did.

btw. There's a south Guildford? :rubchin:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Theoperator wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:13 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 33/1 for the Leicester job. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
clearly a man in demand :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:53 pm
Theoperator wrote:
They went with the lad that failed miserably to win the mousers the PL. Fucking embarrassing for Arsene. :oops: :lol:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:06 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Theoperator wrote:
They went with the lad that failed miserably to win the mousers the PL. Fucking embarrassing for Arsene. :oops: :lol:
He is waiting for the "super quality" oppurtunities :barscarf: :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:42 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:06 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Theoperator wrote:
He is waiting for the "super quality" oppurtunities :barscarf: :lol:
Fucking hilarious :lol: 33/1..must be missing a couple of zeros :oops: They plumped for skin lips instead :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I see "special circumstances" and "top, top quality" is still high on his vocabulary list. Incredible how he talks about Ozil as though it all happened after he left. Maybe his ability to compartmentalise things is how he copes with everyday life in spite of being slightly insane.