Europa League |Arsenal vs BATE Borisov|Thursday 21/02/19 - 17:55|

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Europa League |Arsenal vs BATE Borisov|Thursday 21/02/19 - 17:55|

Post by goonersid »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:57 am
Absolute scenes when he starts 3 defensive midfielders and leaves Ozil and Ramsey on the bench.
Plus the plank in goal! Dick knows :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Cech's job tonight........Make sure this one is a nailbiter!!

If we do go out, he can do a lap of dishonour because he won't be pulling on the Arsenal shirt ever again...will he? :? :? :?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:39 am
rodders999 wrote:
Absolute scenes when he starts 3 defensive midfielders and leaves Ozil and Ramsey on the bench.
I would absolutely love to win this competition, screw the snobs who turn their noses up at it, but if the club aren't going to take it seriously then why should I?

There's 50 million quid for the winners plus direct qualification into the be all and end all which would allow us an even bigger war chest (snigger) to attract a higher calibre of player and result in a vastly improved squad for next season.

And what approach do we take? We decide to play a massively inferior player in one of the most important positions on the pitch, in an insane act of self harm and self sabotage :roll:

I can actually see the logic of a cup goalkeeper, you want your second choice keeper to have game time in high stake games so that if your first choice comes a cropper the guy who goes in between the sticks isn't going to be like a rabbit in the headlights, he will have had experience in high pressure games.

But this helmet headed chav dud is retiring at the end of the season, there is nothing to be gained by playing him ahead of Leno but that's exactly what we will do none the less. And make no mistake he will cost us any chance of winning this competition, if not tonight then somewhere down the road.

The guy is an absolute washed up, has been, liability between the sticks and his latest party piece of palming the ball directly back out into the 6 yard box is a sight to behold.

I absolutely detest the sight of him and it's a massive black mark that Emery is throwing away our only chance of silverware this season by playing him.

John F

Post by John F »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:30 pm
goonersid wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
I would absolutely love to win this competition, screw the snobs who turn their noses up at it, but if the club aren't going to take it seriously then why should I?

There's 50 million quid for the winners plus direct qualification into the be all and end all which would allow us an even bigger war chest (snigger) to attract a higher calibre of player and result in a vastly improved squad for next season.I don't know why we put Martinez on loan i would prefer him then the past it plank.The only reason the cha v gets a game is because he gives a good toe the line post match interview.

And what approach do we take? We decide to play a massively inferior player in one of the most important positions on the pitch, in an insane act of self harm and self sabotage :roll:

I can actually see the logic of a cup goalkeeper, you want your second choice keeper to have game time in high stake games so that if your first choice comes a cropper the guy who goes in between the sticks isn't going to be like a rabbit in the headlights, he will have had experience in high pressure games.

But this helmet headed chav dud is retiring at the end of the season, there is nothing to be gained by playing him ahead of Leno but that's exactly what we will do none the less. And make no mistake he will cost us any chance of winning this competition, if not tonight then somewhere down the road.

The guy is an absolute washed up, has been, liability between the sticks and his latest party piece of palming the ball directly back out into the 6 yard box is a sight to behold.

I absolutely detest the sight of him and it's a massive black mark that Emery is throwing away our only chance of silverware this season by playing him.

John F

Post by John F »

Sorry completely fucked up on the last post.What I meant to say was we should of kept Martinez rather then Helmet head.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:43 pm
Sorry completely fucked up on the last post.What I meant to say was we should of kept Martinez rather then Helmet head.
Tbh I'd play Comedy Iwobi in goal ahead of Kryten Features. At least bobblehead Comedy Iwobi's two arses would block half the goal. 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Lacazette will be a big loss tonight.
It also means we don't really have another striker to come off the bench - has Eddie one match actually scored since his flukey debut ?

I'm not too bothered who is in goal - if the ball is not in their half for most of the match then something has gone badly wrong.

Sam.Harrison

Post by Sam.Harrison »

Petr Cech pictured the other night at the Chavski under 19s game against Monaco with John 'shag anything' Terry.
Can't wait till the useless c*nt leaves the club.

Also took the whole Arsenal women's team out to dinner to celebrate their season this week. 16 girls one helmet.

John F

Post by John F »

If Kev on the main site is correct that AMN is sick we could have a back line of Litchsteiner,Sokratis,Kos,Monreal in front of Cech .It's a Dads Army back line "don't panic".Project youth alive and kicking.

augie

Post by augie »

John F wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:12 pm
I might be doing him an injustice especially as he had a serious injury but from the memory of the times when I was attending most games i didn't rate him at all.I have thought of one that might of been worse and that was Lee Chapman.

Wasn't lee chapman a great strike(her) ? I seem to remember leslie ash saying he was anyway :rubchin: :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Oh dear

Helmet head in goal
Lichsteiner in defence
Xhaka holding the midfield together
Iwobi providing the creativity
Ozil sulking

What could go wrong ?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Cech, Lichsteiner, Xhaka and Iwobi all start.... :banghead:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:30 pm
goonersid wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

There's 50 million quid for the winners plus direct qualification into the be all and end all which would allow us an even bigger war chest (snigger) to attract a higher calibre of player and result in a vastly improved squad for next season.

:shock:

Surely that can't be right? That's a pretty decent sum for winning the Europa League when you consider winning the CL you gets you only £25m more.

augie

Post by augie »

Helmet head in goals, xhaka in midfield, lard arse and the Armenian pussy up front - this better work out or there will be hell to pay

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

We are shit, get a lucky own goal and they then have 3 good chances and one beat Cech and cleared off the line ffs.

Why I can't see dick being here long is continually picking xhaka and iwobi, fuck me they never do their defensive duties and are both shit.

When they broke earlier and nearly scored xhaka was so far off his man it forces our CB to push up out of position thus why we are always one pass away from being opened up.