Saints (H) 24/2 @ 14:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Saints (H) 24/2 @ 14:05

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:08 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:07 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:51 pm
Jesus Christ, what a bunch of fairweather, snowflakey, JCL cu.nts you lot are.

:lol: :lol:
Oh I'm fucking triggered now. :banghead:

Or fingered. :shock:
BORIS JOHNSON

:lol:

That TWAT! - I heard we've signed him as kit man ! :shock:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:11 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

BORIS JOHNSON

Phew!! Thank God. :lol:
Unusual safe word :shock:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:48 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:11 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

BORIS JOHNSON

Phew!! Thank God. :lol:
Unusual safe word :shock:
I have my suspicions that for DB10 it's a bit more than that :shock: :shock: .........just saying :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

His silence speaks volumes :rubchin: . I predict a pic of Boris as his screensaver :wink:

rich31

Post by rich31 »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:23 pm
Couple of points for what it's worth that lot up the road do have a billionaire owner in Joe Lewis.

For us SKE we know will not invest a penny or dime of his own in the club he is an INVESTOR nothing more or less,he will only be tempted to sell if someone offers him way over our worth which would mean someone offering north of 2 billion :shock: unfortunately he has NEVER as yet sold any of his 'sporting portfolio' those that cashed in to him did not have our best interests at heart,only their pockets.

The PL is awash with money there are 10 PL clubs listed in the top 20 richest clubs in the world,hopefully the bubble will burst TV revenue wise like it did in Italy because the apathy in our fan base matchdays comes from many true Arsenal fans walking away from going to games like myself a fan that actually doesn't feel the connection I did with the club.We are a corporate club and have lost direction the stadium move has been great for the investors the true fans that still go have been mugged off big time.

You know if it gets to the stage where almost the top 2 divisions premier league and championship are foreign owned clubs I will call it now there will be a massive change in football in regards relegation.

If they had their way one up one down and maybe the second team from the bottom plays off against the next three in the championship.

If people like SKE had their way there would actually be no relegation from the PL mirroring what he knows about football fuck all.
I am happy to be proved wrong but i think that ENIC is the company that own spuds.Joe Lewis set up ENIC as an investment company and spuds are run as any other company ENIC has invested in.By that i mean that the bottom line for Lewis/ENIC/Levy is to make spuds a self sustaining profit making company and one that is worth far more than ENICs original investment .Lewis is no Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour. Lewis and Levy have very little interest in football itself and are purely in it for the profits.They (spuds) are actually in a very similar situation to us but for some reason their fans seem unaware of this....maybe because they are all stupid :D
I know someone who ENIC invested in a few years ago hence the info although it is fairly common knowledge anyway i admit.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

rich31 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:06 pm
Topside Northbank wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:23 pm
Couple of points for what it's worth that lot up the road do have a billionaire owner in Joe Lewis.

For us SKE we know will not invest a penny or dime of his own in the club he is an INVESTOR nothing more or less,he will only be tempted to sell if someone offers him way over our worth which would mean someone offering north of 2 billion :shock: unfortunately he has NEVER as yet sold any of his 'sporting portfolio' those that cashed in to him did not have our best interests at heart,only their pockets.

The PL is awash with money there are 10 PL clubs listed in the top 20 richest clubs in the world,hopefully the bubble will burst TV revenue wise like it did in Italy because the apathy in our fan base matchdays comes from many true Arsenal fans walking away from going to games like myself a fan that actually doesn't feel the connection I did with the club.We are a corporate club and have lost direction the stadium move has been great for the investors the true fans that still go have been mugged off big time.

You know if it gets to the stage where almost the top 2 divisions premier league and championship are foreign owned clubs I will call it now there will be a massive change in football in regards relegation.

If they had their way one up one down and maybe the second team from the bottom plays off against the next three in the championship.

If people like SKE had their way there would actually be no relegation from the PL mirroring what he knows about football fuck all.
I am happy to be proved wrong but i think that ENIC is the company that own spuds.Joe Lewis set up ENIC as an investment company and spuds are run as any other company ENIC has invested in.By that i mean that the bottom line for Lewis/ENIC/Levy is to make spuds a self sustaining profit making company and one that is worth far more than ENICs original investment .Lewis is no Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour. Lewis and Levy have very little interest in football itself and are purely in it for the profits.They (spuds) are actually in a very similar situation to us but for some reason their fans seem unaware of this....maybe because they are all stupid :D
I know someone who ENIC invested in a few years ago hence the info although it is fairly common knowledge anyway i admit.
You are right on ENIC,Lewis is a billionaire and the bottom line is profits and share prices for sure,

Companies are set up in many ways and debts can be written off.should things go pear shaped called liquidation :roll: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Much as I despise that cu.nt levy if we'd had someone like him at our place then we wouldn't have been pissing cash up against the wall the way that TOF did. A real businessman doesn't give away assets for nothing, mind you anyone with half a fucking brain cell doesn't operate that way.

augie

Post by augie »

It's sunday morning and I am a small bit knackered so excuse my lack of patience when I ask ……. haven't we already got a thread to deal with all things Kroenke/ownership etc ?? Obviously it is not a topic that we can all ignore cos it is a huge milestone around the club's neck, but unless we are gonna start protesting against him like we did with the senile arrogant cock we just got shot of, then discussing it is a waste of time for me.

Onto this game, I have to say that I have always had a soft spot for the saints - dunno if it was cos of the old dell ground (never been there mind you), or their cup final victory over manure all those years ago, or if they were just a lucky club for many of our players who scored their first goals for us against them (Bergkamp and wrighty to name just 2).
In latter years (as we have declined) this fixture is no longer the gimme that it once was - today the thought of Charlie Austin throwing the worst german centre back EVER, around like a ragdoll scares me, and Nathan Redmond could do a job against either of our full backs. Hopefully dick will restore leno, sokratis, torreira and lacazette to the starting line up

I think maybe a narrow 2-1 victory but I wouldn't put much money on it

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

augie wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:58 am
It's sunday morning and I am a small bit knackered so excuse my lack of patience when I ask ……. haven't we already got a thread to deal with all things Kroenke/ownership etc ?? Obviously it is not a topic that we can all ignore cos it is a huge milestone around the club's neck, but unless we are gonna start protesting against him like we did with the senile arrogant cock we just got shot of, then discussing it is a waste of time for me.

Onto this game, I have to say that I have always had a soft spot for the saints - dunno if it was cos of the old dell ground (never been there mind you), or their cup final victory over manure all those years ago, or if they were just a lucky club for many of our players who scored their first goals for us against them (Bergkamp and wrighty to name just 2).
In latter years (as we have declined) this fixture is no longer the gimme that it once was - today the thought of Charlie Austin throwing the worst german centre back EVER, around like a ragdoll scares me, and Nathan Redmond could do a job against either of our full backs. Hopefully dick will restore leno, sokratis, torreira and lacazette to the starting line up

I think maybe a narrow 2-1 victory but I wouldn't put much money on it
Thanks Augie for putting this Match thread back on track.

Southampton will roll over and we will beat them 3 0 :barscarf: . i full expect us to go on an unbeaten run to the end of the season and finish top 4.

Signed, The Optimist :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:54 pm
Much as I despise that cu.nt levy if we'd had someone like him at our place then we wouldn't have been pissing cash up against the wall the way that TOF did. A real businessman doesn't give away assets for nothing, mind you anyone with half a fucking brain cell doesn't operate that way.
Nice post Jock.
I actually agree with you for once 👍 :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

It’s like cup final day outside the Emirates it’s so hot! 8) :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

2-0 up. Come on let’s go and give them a hiding. Could really do with the confidence boost.

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

Should of been at least 3 up......sloppy at the back as usual , a decent team would of had two by now .....united only drawing but have had two off with injuries

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

2 posts during the match :oops: must be a record :barscarf: wins a win 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Was fairly comfortable — defence coped pretty well - Leno made one decent save early when coming out to block quickly (which he does well) then had another good save late in the game followed quickly by a good punch away.

Iwobi had one of his better games - involved a lot in both goals but still manages to pick the wrong option virtually every time.
We could / should have scored more, but for one or two desperate saving challenges or saves.

Ref let a lot go, many follow throughs on tackles by Saints, leaving a foot in but another 3 points in the bag and we do have a good opportunity to have a shout at 4th place..... need 3 points v Bournemouth for sure.