The Pullis/FatSam/Pardew Shit Managers Merry-Go-Round

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: The Pullis/FatSam/Pardew Shit Managers Thread

Post by augie »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:30 pm
He could have managed Celtic for decades, he will be sacked in 18 months I predict.

No challenge in Scotland, and was never gonna be able to compete in Europe on their budget

Personally I doubt his qualities as a manager too - I don't go along with the theory that it was only cos of the uruguain cannibal that he almost won the league with the victims, cos every team that wins the league has a player like suarez to fire them to glory, but it doesn't lessen the managers input. I also agree that he could be sacked within 18 months at Leicester, but as I have said before, that is a poisonous dressing room with too many no-marks who had one miracle season and have been allowed wield too much power ever since.

Rodgers has it all to prove imo - one very good season in England, followed up be a period of domination in a 2 team league, does not make him a great manager.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Agree with this . Plus I will add he is a *word censored* :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:18 pm
Succinctly put that man :lol:

I can't believe he stayed up there for as long as he did. Scottish football is absolute dogshite with a playing standard not far above women's football.
One week you're playing in front of 55,000 weegies and the next you're in the outer hebrides in front of the local farmer and his dog.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:25 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:18 pm
Succinctly put that man :lol:

I can't believe he stayed up there for as long as he did. Scottish football is absolute dogshite with a playing standard not far above women's football.
One week you're playing in front of 55,000 weegies and the next you're in the outer hebrides in front of the local farmer and his dog.
That's only when the laughably titled "Big 2" play each other. The rest of the games are absolutely on a par with women's football - shit and not quite as good as most mens under 12s. 8)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

18 months? he'll do very well to last that long, if they're not happy with mid table mediocrity under puel (plus the odd win v chelsea and man city this season) then i don't know what rodgers can realisticly achieve to surpass that tbh :|

he took celtic as far as he could, he used them as a stepping stone like any half decent manager would, collect a few trophies, get a boost to his reputation then slog it out in the PL again.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:42 pm
18 months? he'll do very well to last that long, if they're not happy with mid table mediocrity under puel (plus the odd win v chelsea and man city this season) then i don't know what rodgers can realisticly achieve to surpass that tbh :|

he took celtic as far as he could, he used them as a stepping stone like any half decent manager would, collect a few trophies, get a boost to his reputation then slog it out in the lower half of the PL again.
Fixed that for ya mate. 8)

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

The way he used to refer to Suarez as " lewey" in intervies like they were mates grated on me, Suarez would bite his face off if he wasn't his manager.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Hilariously Brendan has stated he could "manage Celtic again".

Yes, Brendan. In about 6 months time mate. :lol: