The NLD - scum Neutral Venue 2/3 @ 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: The NLD - scum Neutral Venue 2/3 @ 12:30

Post by Herd »

Top day out with at least 50 people managing to jib in the half empty stadium . We simply cannot deal with set pieces but other than that we fought hard and should have won . Getting a dodgy penalty in the last minute should be a godsend but was a lame take.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Herd wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:15 am
Top day out with at least 50 people managing to jib in the half empty stadium . We simply cannot deal with set pieces but other than that we fought hard and should have won . Getting a dodgy penalty in the last minute should be a godsend but was a lame take.
For some reason in particular, cùnts' set pieces are always dangerous (maybe because 9/10 their golden boy is offside). They scored in both NLD from set pieces, albeit yesterday being offside but the point still stands. I don't think we are particularly bad in set plays but I think we just need a better defensive tactic to clear it.

Witnessing them going ape shit yesterday and not realising it was offside was priceless, though. They went quiet until the 74th minute.

If VAR was in place this season, they'd be a top 4-6 side at best.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Still fucking fuming about yesterday for a number of reasons

1. Aubameyang's fucking care free attitude in big away games - yep I know what the stats say about how quick he has been to his first 'x' number of goals and his goalscoring record is unquestionable......but boy has he been a lazy c.unt lately and the way he sauntered up to that last minute penalty summed his last month up. Pull your fucking socks up lad

2. Mustafi - is there a more braindead defender in the league? What on earth was he thinking shoving the Windowlicker in the back like that. How many times does this fuckwit give away a key goal or penalty like that? He's supposed to be an experienced defender who has played on the highest stage but time and time again he does gormless fucking things like he did yesterday

3. The ref / England captain syndrome. Did Kane attempt to win a single header? All I could see was someone constantly jumping into defenders and the ref letting it go. Memories of Alan Shearer getting a free pass to shove, kick and elbow his way through matches without punishment

4. A number of our so called fans slating the manager and somehow claiming he got it wrong leaving out Ozil and Aubameyang - did you actually watch what they did when they did come on?

5. Fucking joker of a linesman - one job to do mate, one job. Still can't have two offsides for the England captain can we?

Grrrrr

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Fair fucks to Emery having a go at speaking English, as he has done for a while.

Still can’t make out what he’s saying mind :lol:

Still gutted but medium and long-term performance was more important than result.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:54 pm
Still fucking fuming about yesterday for a number of reasons

1. Aubameyang's fucking care free attitude in big away games - yep I know what the stats say about how quick he has been to his first 'x' number of goals and his goalscoring record is unquestionable......but boy has he been a lazy c.unt lately and the way he sauntered up to that last minute penalty summed his last month up. Pull your fucking socks up lad

2. Mustafi - is there a more braindead defender in the league? What on earth was he thinking shoving the Windowlicker in the back like that. How many times does this fuckwit give away a key goal or penalty like that? He's supposed to be an experienced defender who has played on the highest stage but time and time again he does gormless fucking things like he did yesterday

3. The ref / England captain syndrome. Did Kane attempt to win a single header? All I could see was someone constantly jumping into defenders and the ref letting it go. Memories of Alan Shearer getting a free pass to shove, kick and elbow his way through matches without punishment

4. A number of our so called fans slating the manager and somehow claiming he got it wrong leaving out Ozil and Aubameyang - did you actually watch what they did when they did come on?

5. Fucking joker of a linesman - one job to do mate, one job. Still can't have two offsides for the England captain can we?

Grrrrr
As for point 3 when the ball is in the air, and Kane is with a defender just before it drops he pushes the defender in the back so he is in space when the ball comes down, done it every time......

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I thought that Spurs were diving and cheating all over the place yesterday. That comes from their manager. I would also agree with Kane just running into defenders and falling over. He did it in the 2nd half and Sokratis fell over him from a height straight on his back. It should have been a booking. For their goal, Lamela does the same - he backs into Sokratis who jumps straight into the air to get the ball. Lamela then throws himself to the ground and gets the free kick. Sokratis had position first and Lamela backs into him - free kick against Spuds.

Granted, the penalty for Auba was incredibly soft. I was amazed that it was given.

Overall, I find it astounding that Anthony Taylor still gets to referee Premiership level games as he is one of the worst referees. He sets a precedent for fouls/bookings and then never follows it. I reckon that Chris Kavanagh is probably the best referee in the Prem at the moment.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

You can actually see Kane and Son stutter as they are hoping for a loose foot to enable them to take a dive.

Fucking sweet that it led to our goal yesterday when Kane was too busy thinking of diving and got robbed.

When they beat us in the league cup, both goals came from them being able to pick up long balls in our half and turn, with plenty of space and men then ahead of them. Two league games then Sokratis has been all over Kane and Son like a hairy Greek rash from balls forward and they haven’t had a look in.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Son tried his best to dive when we played at home, the fucker is good but at home he was falling over like a 12 month trying to walk. Saturday he had a quiet day, he tried running in behind but Kos had him covered and Nacho did a good job covering spaces between him and Trippier.

Kane was winging all afternoon at the referee trying to get every foul he can. Sokratis had him pocketed for two games in a row. Had he played the cup game we would’ve been through. Acres of space was left for them to counter attack.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The passion for the team is coming back to me. Managed to leave work early solely to watch the match, and I haven't done that a few years. Too many things wrong with the officials decisions but upon calming down we should have been 3 up before their penalty. Lacazette had two almost open goals and he should have scored. Not much we can do about the lino and the ref decisions as the were terribly inconsistent.

BT sport anti arsenal bias continues but the ref in the room did say rose would've got a red card, auba's penalty would not have been reviewed, and it would've been re-taken with VAR.

Torreira red card should be appealed and reduced to a yellow card. Not sure what Jenkinson has done wrong as RB, but he surely can't be as big a liability as mustafi??

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:45 pm
I agree BUT if auba wasn't so fcuking arrogant he probably would have scored anyway.

I always tell me kids that body language of a player on the pitch is very telling - to me it looked like he sulked cos he didn't start, and put in minimal effort when brought on

Unlike some, I actually think that ozil tried when he came on, and ramsey had disappeared from the game long before being subbed
I think you are on the money there augie. Ozil was as good as Ramsey was and a million times better than the fat slow mong Comedy Iwobi but hey why would the usual suspects let the truth get in the way of an agenda? :lol:

Could not post on this thread until this morning such was the level of boiling piss in me. :evil: Deffo two points dropped. A penno that late wins it. Fucking sick just thinkng about it tbh. :x

The cheating and diving by the scum and the rank fucking incompetence by the useless fucking ref and his assistant cùnts is well documented on this thread so no point in repeating it bar to say I was enraged after the game. :censored:

Anyway at least that's their title challen - no haha I can't even finish that in jest..... :lol:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Even though it was 2 days ago, im going to have to be calm typing this as im still pissed off.
1. The linesman is a disgrace and if he can't be in line with the play from a dead ball situation, he has no right to be an official in the game. Robbie Savage on BT usually talks bollocks but even he was saying there is no excuse for that level of mistake.

2. Mustafi - i dont usually say this, but i despise him. He is an overpaid calamitous idiot, who seems encapable of making mistakes, and then acts like the world is against him, despite it being his own stupidity.

3. Both Lacazette and Aubameyang will finish their Arsenal careers with plenty of goals but they are bottle jobs at the big moments.

4. Emery deserves credit for winning the tactical battle and only for the shitness of the officials and some of our players, we would have comfortably taken the points.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:39 am
Even though it was 2 days ago, im going to have to be calm typing this as im still pissed off.
1. The linesman is a disgrace and if he can't be in line with the play from a dead ball situation, he has no right to be an official in the game. Robbie Savage on BT usually talks bollocks but even he was saying there is no excuse for that level of mistake.

2. Mustafi - i dont usually say this, but i despise him. He is an overpaid calamitous idiot, who seems encapable of making mistakes, and then acts like the world is against him, despite it being his own stupidity.

3. Both Lacazette and Aubameyang will finish their Arsenal careers with plenty of goals but they are bottle jobs at the big moments.

4. Emery deserves credit for winning the tactical battle and only for the shitness of the officials and some of our players, we would have comfortably taken the points.
I feel the same way, when I see him I feel my blood pressure rising. He always does something insanely stupid then approaches the ref with his hands and arms drawn up to his chest looking mystified at the "unfairness" of it all. When a player screams past him and scores his first reaction is an appeal to the linesman. Despise the man....dreadful, dreadful player.

Mustafi, Xhaka (instead of, believe it or not, Ngolo Kante) and Ozils ludicrous contract.....all parting gifts from uncle Arsene :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:41 am
The passion for the team is coming back to me. Managed to leave work early solely to watch the match, and I haven't done that a few years. Too many things wrong with the officials decisions but upon calming down we should have been 3 up before their penalty. Lacazette had two almost open goals and he should have scored. Not much we can do about the lino and the ref decisions as the were terribly inconsistent.

BT sport anti arsenal bias continues but the ref in the room did say rose would've got a red card, auba's penalty would not have been reviewed, and it would've been re-taken with VAR.

Torreira red card should be appealed and reduced to a yellow card. Not sure what Jenkinson has done wrong as RB, but he surely can't be as big a liability as mustafi??
Jenks isn't the best RB in the world but he is an honest enough kind of boy who is a gooner and genuinely tries which is good enough for me. I do think that he looks like a rabbit in headlights sometimes when he is in possession but I'd still play him every day over Mustafi. If he makes a genuine mistake I can live with that....but he's not going to fuck up to the extent that Mustafi does surely nobody else can be that much of a cu.nt.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:23 am
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:41 am

Jenks isn't the best RB in the world but he is an honest enough kind of boy who is a gooner and genuinely tries which is good enough for me. I do think that he looks like a rabbit in headlights sometimes when he is in possession but I'd still play him every day over Mustafi. If he makes a genuine mistake I can live with that....but he's not going to fuck up to the extent that Mustafi does surely nobody else can be that much of a cu.nt.

Have to be honest and say that jenks against rashford terrifies me shitless - maitland niles is the only player that I would have any faith in for that job, and even at that I wouldn't be very confident