Manc Filth (H) 10/03 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Manc Filth (H) 10/03 @ 16:30

Post by DB10GOONER »

3-1 win to the Arsenal. :barscarf:

augie

Re: Manc Filth (H) 10/03 @ 16:30

Post by augie »

Big, big decisions for dick here -

1. Does he start auba after laca's poor finishing on Saturday ?
2. Does he dare start that useless german b.astard at right back again ?
3. Does he set up the team the same way, or cos we are at home does he go a bit more attacking ?
4. Does he start ozil cos we are at home ?

Assuming the corrupt fa crunts don't overturn torreira's red card (which they absolutely should), it is safe to assume that our midfield two will be unchanged. I think that midfield will be where this game will be won or lost - they have the attacking threat to cause us real trouble (rashford on their left against any of our right back's is the stuff of nightmares), so we have to control midfield and cut off their supply.
Personally my answers to questions 1, 3 and 4 would be yes, but not with 100% confidence either

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I think we'll win this....the team must be on a high after the past couple of weeks, despite Saturday's disappointment. This is a must win.....,.,.And we will :barscarf: :D :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm sorry I think that unless we change our tic-tacs radically we will get hammered in this one particularly with Torreira out .
In the Cup game UTD sucked us in and hit us hard on the break with pace ,something we lack at the back and they will load up on both full backs b4 Lukaku does a Drogba on Kos .
I would (as keegan says) love it if we can beat em but I'm not optimistic !

markyp

Post by markyp »

we will lose this in typical fashion and the united bandwagon will roll on,solsjkaer is one of fergies men,fergie knew how to beat us easily under wenger and not much has changed to be fair.what gets me though is if we went up there on the back of a great run it would come to an end against them but you know we wont be able to return the favour,we just aren't gritty and ugly enough.hope im wrong would be great to shut them mancs up with their ole love in

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:42 am

3. Does he set up the team the same way, or cos we are at home does he go a bit more attacking ?

Assuming the corrupt fa crunts don't overturn torreira's red card (which they absolutely should), it is safe to assume that our midfield two will be unchanged. I think that midfield will be where this game will be won or lost - they have the attacking threat to cause us real trouble (rashford on their left against any of our right back's is the stuff of nightmares), so we have to control midfield and cut off their supply.
Personally my answers to questions 1, 3 and 4 would be yes, but not with 100% confidence either
1. Start the Boomerang. He looks demotivated and takes too long to get up to the pace of a game when he comes on as a sub.
2. Play ANYONE except Mustafalaugh. Seriously. ANYONE. Jenko. Maitland-DoubleBarrell. Tony Adams. Muhammad Ali. Joan Jett.
3. Go more attacking and take the game to them.
4. Start Ozil. If he's on it he can dictate the pace of our turn around and create chances. He could easily supply the winner. If after the first half he's having an off day hook him and put Ramsey on. The Welsh Messi-Lite has a knack of scoring goals in games like this but if we start him he will fuck posession away too often for us to take the game to the manc filth.

Also Mickey Tarragon has been quite good in the last two games and should be eager to show the manc filth something.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:08 am
I'm sorry I think that unless we change our tic-tacs radically we will get hammered in this one particularly with Torreira out .
In the Cup game UTD sucked us in and hit us hard on the break with pace ,something we lack at the back and they will load up on both full backs b4 Lukaku does a Drogba on Kos .
I would (as keegan says) love it if we can beat em but I'm not optimistic !
FUCKKK Anyone know if we're going to appeal - I mean it was NEVER a red FFS! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:36 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:42 am

1. Start the Boomerang. He looks demotivated and takes too long to get up to the pace of a game when he comes on as a sub.
2. Play ANYONE except Mustafalaugh. Seriously. ANYONE. Jenko. Maitland-DoubleBarrell. Tony Adams. Muhammad Ali. Joan Jett.
3. Go more attacking and take the game to them.
4. Start Ozil. If he's on it he can dictate the pace of our turn around and create chances. He could easily supply the winner. If after the first half he's having an off day hook him and put Ramsey on. The Welsh Messi-Lite has a knack of scoring goals in games like this but if we start him he will fuck posession away too often for us to take the game to the manc filth.

Also Mickey Tarragon has been quite good in the last two games and should be eager to show the manc filth something.
Be good to see Joan Jett play there ,i am not sure about Ali as he would keep wanting to do his shuffle and lose the ball.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

We can't play mustafi I agree. it's important not to conceed early as they have all the tools to counter attack.

Torreira pulled out of that tackle and his knee was bent, having a straight leg/locked knee is what causes injuries in that situation and he did not do that. you can go in far less reckless (looking) with a locked leg snap a shin bone.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:59 pm
We can't play mustafi I agree. it's important not to conceed early as they have all the tools to counter attack.

Torreira pulled out of that tackle and his knee was bent, having a straight leg/locked knee is what causes injuries in that situation and he did not do that. you can go in far less reckless (looking) with a locked leg snap a shin bone.
100% right mate. That's the problem with the referees and the old cùnts at the FA. They do not understand the difference between a tough tackle and an attempt to do an oppo player. You see this in the number of referees that still fall for the unnatural straight leg dive. :roll:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Even days later I feel the same as those who are still angry about the events that Spurs game. And the knock on effect it could have on this Man United game

That Torreira red card and subsequent suspension is a disgrace. He wins the ball in what was actually a slide pass to his own player rather than tackle ... and Rose was actually running towards him (with his own foot raised). If you step in front of a moving car then don't blame the driver if you get hit.

Then that piece of scum (who we all know had earlier put his studs into our keeper's chest) decides to writhe around in agony when there was absolutely nothing wrong with him. Fucking cheating filth the lot of 'em!

augie

Post by augie »

I am absolutely stunned that the club haven't appealed torreira's red card :shock: :shock: I continue to claim that it should never have been a red card, but surely even if it is a 50/50 decision you would appeal it with the manure game at the weekend ? :? It's all well and good slating the corrupt old c.unts at the fa, but the c.unts running our club havent even put them in a position where they have to show their colours - could this inaction be a result of confusion over whose responsibility it is post gazidas to make this decision ? :rubchin:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Fair point , does appealing delay the ban?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Doesn't matter apparently we're too hard up to afford the appeal fee :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:58 pm
Fair point , does appealing delay the ban?

No - worst case scenario the appeal is rejected and he serves a 3 game ban anyway, but best case scenario the fa agree that the red card was harsh and overturn it