Renne (A) Europa League 7/3 @ 17:55

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Renne (A) Europa League 7/3 @ 17:55

Post by Redarmy »

Yeah....This is what we do

Fucking want to beat these fuckers at home now...fucking annoyed

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

We played shit, ref was a *word censored*.

Beat them 2-0 at home job done.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:55 pm
Another tactical shambles from Emery, just about every manager in the world would have subbed ozil, mikhi at right back? any manager who has kept faith with Xhaka and Mustafi, given their performances this season simply cannot be trusted to take us into next season!
Emery is a lightweight, we should thank him for his efforts in May then wish him well in his future career.
Aubamayang’s antics which he was well known for at Dortmund are now becoming common place with us!
It all spells trouble for a manager already out of his depth.
Sid my suggestion would be don't listen to the "analysis" of Keith Andrews..... :wink: Ozil coming off was the signal for our complete collapse in midfield. With him on we were far more comfortable in posession. When Ramsey come on we went into headless chicken mode.

Andrews actually said "Ozil doesn't do enough running around for me". :oops:

Fucking hell.

Well there's Ramsey running around - look how well that worked. :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:49 pm
It's not the end of the tie. They are fucking shit and have had a night when everything went their way. We will blitz them at home 4-0.
i hope so.

losing 3-1 away when you're down a man for 55 minutes is not the worst result. its lucky that wobes scored before we went a man down.

Dick does have to absolutely put our best team out.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:57 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:51 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:48 pm
said it a few weeks back and will say it again, three quarters of this squad need binning.....won't happen obviously. :roll:

100% agree - a lack of bottle and application is not Kroenke's fault (or even the manager's fault), but is down to a bunch of overpaid prima donna's who think that they are the mutts nuts after the game v the scum, but tonight they discovered that they are actually the dogs vagina :evil:
Sorry Augie but the manager has to accept some of the blame, he keeps playing the worst players Mustafi, Xhaka and Iwobi at the same time, between those 3 at times we are effectively a man down, if we can see it then so should he. He is not solely to blame as most of the players are shit and below par but he does not help the situation.
How dare you Muzz!! Emery is exempt from any responsibility!! It’s all Wenger’s fault :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

HoRennesdous :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:05 pm
:lol:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:06 pm
g88ner wrote:
Do you work for The Sun? :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

goonertux wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:10 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:06 pm
g88ner wrote:
Do you work for The Sun? :lol:
3 syllable word, I highly doubt it :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:01 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:55 pm
Another tactical shambles from Emery, just about every manager in the world would have subbed ozil, mikhi at right back? any manager who has kept faith with Xhaka and Mustafi, given their performances this season simply cannot be trusted to take us into next season!
Emery is a lightweight, we should thank him for his efforts in May then wish him well in his future career.
Aubamayang’s antics which he was well known for at Dortmund are now becoming common place with us!
It all spells trouble for a manager already out of his depth.
Sid my suggestion would be don't listen to the "analysis" of Keith Andrews..... :wink: Ozil coming off was the signal for our complete collapse in midfield. With him on we were far more comfortable in posession. When Ramsey come on we went into headless chicken mode.

Andrews actually said "Ozil doesn't do enough running around for me". :oops:

Fucking hell.

Well there's Ramsey running around - look how well that worked. :roll:
Whether it be Keith Andrews or Eamonn fucking Andrews, if you go down to 10 men away from home in a two legged tie, you take off your laziest player who also has previous in the “giving up” department.
For their 3rd goal Ramsey busted his gut to get back and try to get to their goal scorer, Ozil wouldnt have !
Emery seemed to be settling for damage limitation, but with the wrong substitutions!
He isn’t up to it mate! and a draw away to a faltering spurs team ? well it doesn’t cut it for me!

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:57 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:51 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:48 pm
said it a few weeks back and will say it again, three quarters of this squad need binning.....won't happen obviously. :roll:

100% agree - a lack of bottle and application is not Kroenke's fault (or even the manager's fault), but is down to a bunch of overpaid prima donna's who think that they are the mutts nuts after the game v the scum, but tonight they discovered that they are actually the dogs vagina :evil:
Sorry Augie but the manager has to accept some of the blame, he keeps playing the worst players Mustafi, Xhaka and Iwobi at the same time, between those 3 at times we are effectively a man down, if we can see it then so should he. He is not solely to blame as most of the players are shit and below par but he does not help the situation.

That's all fine and dandy (cos I agree that all 3 are shit), but what about auba, monreal, mikki (when he was on the wing), the dozi and kolasniac ? I would say that every single one of them was shit, and the attitudes of a few of them are a disgrace too. Reality is that if those players played well tonight (and had the right attitude) we would have got a positive result cos they are good enough to carry a couple of passengers, but no team can carry that many passengers. Who is any manager gonna pick if all of those players are dropped ? We have a woeful shortage of quality in the squad, and it is sometimes easy for all of us to see who shouldn't be anywhere near a club of our level, but at the same time acknowledge that we don't have enough players that are at the required level.

Btw am I the only one getting a bit pissed off with torreira ? Early in the season he was running around closing every opposition player down and giving our defence good protection - now I see a guy that is getting caught too far forward and sometimes barely jogging to get back into position. Either he is finding the going too hard in the premier league, or he has caught the lazy I don't have to work bug that is rife in our squad

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Our form away from home is pathetic, just 2 wins in our last 11 and that was against Blackpool in the cup and a dire Huddersfield side in the league.

Joke.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:21 pm
Whether it be Keith Andrews or Eamonn fucking Andrews, if you go down to 10 men away from home in a two legged tie, you take off your laziest player who also has previous in the “giving up” department.
For their 3rd goal Ramsey busted his gut to get back and try to get to their goal scorer, Ozil wouldnt have !
Emery seemed to be settling for damage limitation, but with the wrong substitutions!
He isn’t up to it mate! and a draw away to a faltering spurs team ? well it doesn’t cut it for me!
So who is up to it?, and more importantly is willing to come to a club with mediocre ambitions and a transfer budget in line with a midtable club?, we are f&cked regardless of who manages us, we'd need a miracle worker, even Wenger (early Wenger) had some financial backing which helped him and that was in an era when we didn't have to contend with oil state owned clubs etc.

We can rant and rave as much as we want about players and managers but in the end it all comes down from above, we lack any clear ambition as a football club and it shows itself on the pitch, these are dark, dark days and I doubt they will get any lighter for a long time.

Midz

Post by Midz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:44 pm
Since he took Ozil off and brought Ramsey on we have totally lost control of posession. We have created nothing. We have no thinking footballers out there just headless chickens. Shocking.
He doesn't need to take Ozil off for that to be true.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Aubameyang doesn’t strike me as the type of player who lost too much sleep over that missed penalty and was seething all week just waiting to get back out there to make amends but even I was taken aback by that absolute cluster fuck of a performance.

Seems more than content driving about in his gold plated Lamborghini than worrying about results. If he doesn’t buck up soon my advice would be - get fucking rid.