Renne (A) Europa League 7/3 @ 17:55

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: Renne (A) Europa League 7/3 @ 17:55

Post by goonersid »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:34 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:21 pm
Whether it be Keith Andrews or Eamonn fucking Andrews, if you go down to 10 men away from home in a two legged tie, you take off your laziest player who also has previous in the “giving up” department.
For their 3rd goal Ramsey busted his gut to get back and try to get to their goal scorer, Ozil wouldnt have !
Emery seemed to be settling for damage limitation, but with the wrong substitutions!
He isn’t up to it mate! and a draw away to a faltering spurs team ? well it doesn’t cut it for me!
So who is up to it?, and more importantly is willing to come to a club with mediocre ambitions and a transfer budget in line with a midtable club?, we are f&cked regardless of who manages us, we'd need a miracle worker, even Wenger (early Wenger) had some financial backing which helped him and that was in an era when we didn't have to contend with oil state owned clubs etc.

We can rant and rave as much as we want about players and managers but in the end it all comes down from above, we lack any clear ambition as a football club and it shows itself on the pitch, these are dark, dark days and I doubt they will get any lighter for a long time.
You’re absolutely right. lets carry on with a manager who is incompetent simply because we have issues higher up the structure of the club, after all 2 wrongs make s right
As for who should come in? Well I will give the same answer I used to give to AKBs, “I fon’t know and will have no say in their appointment, so I don’t give a fuck as long ss the currrent idiot in charge goes” It may take 3,4,5 or more attempts to get it right, but we must never again ever allow some one to continue when it’s abundantly clear they are not capable of doing the job!

Midz

Post by Midz »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:14 pm
goonertux wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:10 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:06 pm
g88ner wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:05 pm
HoRennesdous :oops:
:lol:
Do you work for The Sun? :lol:
3 syllable word, I highly doubt it :wink:
:D :D

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:01 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:55 pm
Another tactical shambles from Emery, just about every manager in the world would have subbed ozil, mikhi at right back? any manager who has kept faith with Xhaka and Mustafi, given their performances this season simply cannot be trusted to take us into next season!
Emery is a lightweight, we should thank him for his efforts in May then wish him well in his future career.
Aubamayang’s antics which he was well known for at Dortmund are now becoming common place with us!
It all spells trouble for a manager already out of his depth.
Sid my suggestion would be don't listen to the "analysis" of Keith Andrews..... :wink: Ozil coming off was the signal for our complete collapse in midfield. With him on we were far more comfortable in posession. When Ramsey come on we went into headless chicken mode.

Andrews actually said "Ozil doesn't do enough running around for me". :oops:

Fucking hell.

Well there's Ramsey running around - look how well that worked. :roll:
Whether it be Keith Andrews or Eamonn fucking Andrews, if you go down to 10 men away from home in a two legged tie, you take off your laziest player who also has previous in the “giving up” department.
For their 3rd goal Ramsey busted his gut to get back and try to get to their goal scorer, Ozil wouldnt have !
Emery seemed to be settling for damage limitation, but with the wrong substitutions!
He isn’t up to it mate! and a draw away to a faltering spurs team ? well it doesn’t cut it for me!

Take off your blinkers for a minute sid ……...auba was BY FAR our laziest player tonight

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

I think we all got a bit excited after an encouraging performance at Wembley, but what people are forgetting is that have become just like Tottenham (were). Playing them this season have been our 2 cup finals and arguably the season's two best performances. Following games revert to (shit) type, it's exactly how it used to be for them. We are now "just a shit Tottenham Hotspur".

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:34 pm
goonersid wrote:
So who is up to it?, and more importantly is willing to come to a club with mediocre ambitions and a transfer budget in line with a midtable club?, we are f&cked regardless of who manages us, we'd need a miracle worker, even Wenger (early Wenger) had some financial backing which helped him and that was in an era when we didn't have to contend with oil state owned clubs etc.

We can rant and rave as much as we want about players and managers but in the end it all comes down from above, we lack any clear ambition as a football club and it shows itself on the pitch, these are dark, dark days and I doubt they will get any lighter for a long time.
We're not talking about beating man city, Barcelona or real, but a team 10th in a shit French league, we are atrocious away from home bar one or two performances, emery has not improved us away from home for sure.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:44 pm

You’re absolutely right. lets carry on with a manager who is incompetent simply because we have issues higher up the structure of the club, after all 2 wrongs make s right
As for who should come in? Well I will give the same answer I used to give to AKBs, “I fon’t know and will have no say in their appointment, so I don’t give a fuck as long ss the currrent idiot in charge goes” It may take 3,4,5 or more attempts to get it right, but we must never again ever allow some one to continue when it’s abundantly clear they are not capable of doing the job!
I just don't really care that much, I mean when we're limited by our piss poor owner to shopping in poundland then why should I give a toss about who manages us?, whoever it is they wont be in the top bracket and wont have a pot to p!ss in, bascially we'll be no better off with or without Emery, ranting about the manager is futile (a bit like supporting Arsenal actually).

:twisted: :evil:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:53 pm
goonersid wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Another tactical shambles from Emery, just about every manager in the world would have subbed ozil, mikhi at right back? any manager who has kept faith with Xhaka and Mustafi, given their performances this season simply cannot be trusted to take us into next season!
Emery is a lightweight, we should thank him for his efforts in May then wish him well in his future career.
Aubamayang’s antics which he was well known for at Dortmund are now becoming common place with us!
Sid my suggestion would be don't listen to the "analysis" of Keith Andrews..... :wink: Ozil coming off was the signal for our complete collapse in midfield. With him on we were far more comfortable in posession. When Ramsey come on we went into headless chicken mode.

Fucking hell.

Take off your blinkers for a minute sid ……...auba was BY FAR our laziest player tonight
The same player responsible for the draw against a "faltering spurs team"

Funny how many of us would have bitten off the hand that offered us Tuchel after Wenger left....can you imagine if by some miracle we had got him? Just look at the great job he's doing at PSG with an unlimited budget.

The reality is that with Kroenke in charge we are NEVER going to find a decent manager to run this shit show. We are going to have a revolving door of managers coming and going all failing to polish the turd that is this Arsenal team.

Having said that, I cannot for the fucking life of me see what Dick sees in Xhaka....he drifts around doing sweet fuck all, he picks up yellow and red cards, he gives away needless free kicks in dangerous positions, other than that, he offers fuck all. How many games do you watch where the commentator doesn't mention his name for 10 minutes or more?? A player in the engine room of a top 6 PL team????Yet dick continually plays him. Just so baffling!!

And then there is Mustafi...Iwobi...the enigma that is Ozil....and on & on it goes......who is going to do anything with them, who would want to even try :( :( :(

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Keep the heads lads, follow my example, what could possibly go wrong?

Fucking idiot :roll:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:53 pm
goonersid wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Fucking hell.

I know Augie and that’s why I also singled him out for ctitcism!
I rate Ozil as our most talented player, but as a midfielder playing in a side down to 10 men you have to work hard and for all Ozil’s ability he isnt what you want in those situations

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Helmet Head was our best player today and that is one damning indictment of Arsenal FC .
This was as awful as awful can be , we were lucky to get away with a 3-1 defeat and the only redeeming thing is this can be turned around.
It was lazy and causal throughout even with the gift of a fluke goal. Manager has to take some blame, the fight and tactics of Saturday were long gone and there was no organisation or shape after the sending off.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:05 pm
HoRennesdous :oops:
Wouldn't be surprised if something like this is on the papers in the morning :)

Gutted as Chelski can now relax and play a weaker team next week whilst we need the A team and a miracle of NOT conceding a goal. Meanwhile Manure and Scums enjoying a deep run in the CL by beating respective league leaders. That Rennes team could've been comfortably dispatched but why give fans a normal blood pressure for the next 7 days, eh? :banghead:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

We don't seem to learn , 2 -1 down with 10 men , 3 minutes to go in a two legged tie and we get caught on the break ???!!!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Rob Admin wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:58 pm
I think we all got a bit excited after an encouraging performance at Wembley, but what people are forgetting is that have become just like Tottenham (were). Playing them this season have been our 2 cup finals and arguably the season's two best performances. Following games revert to (shit) type, it's exactly how it used to be for them. We are now "just a shit Tottenham Hotspur".
Rob this may be true to an extent, but at least up until now we've won some 'Real' trophies in the last 50 years, so we'll never be THAT shit!! :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:32 pm
We don't seem to learn , 2 -1 down with 10 men , 3 minutes to go in a two legged tie and we get caught on the break ???!!!
Hey, it's the (modern) Arsenal way :?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Absolute shambles from the moment sokratis got himself sent off. What monreal did that led to their 3rd goal was a disgrace. He downed tools stood on the sidelines with hads on his hips sulking. Ramsey ran past guendouzi to try and get to block their runner who scored. Absolute no urgency or awareness by guendouzi of the rennes player, and people are saying he's the future.
Why didn't the captain get hold of sokratis after the first bookable challenge and tell him to calm the fuck down?
couldn't understand UE decisions in this game. There was some proper strange ones tonight.
Post match interview with ben arfa laughing at emery on the touchline has got me steaming.
Auba was right to be pissed off at being substituted for a fucking left back. We needed a goal threat.
Mikhi at RB with AMN on the bench?
The experience players are letting the team down. Ditch the main culprits and play the kids. I've said it before and got shot down, but look at tonights result. Play willock, amn, nketieh, a bit of pace and energy.