Renne (A) Europa League 7/3 @ 17:55

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: Renne (A) Europa League 7/3 @ 17:55

Post by Leyton Gooner »

In a shit mood and the weekend hasn't even started yet. Can usually get to Saturday lunchtime before it gets ruined by Arsenal but this is a new one.

Thanks a fucking bunch Arsenal

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:26 am
Absolute shambles from the moment sokratis got himself sent off. What monreal did that led to their 3rd goal was a disgrace. He downed tools stood on the sidelines with hads on his hips sulking. Ramsey ran past guendouzi to try and get to block their runner who scored. Absolute no urgency or awareness by guendouzi of the rennes player, and people are saying he's the future.
Why didn't the captain get hold of sokratis after the first bookable challenge and tell him to calm the fuck down?
couldn't understand UE decisions in this game. There was some proper strange ones tonight.
Post match interview with ben arfa laughing at emery on the touchline has got me steaming.
Auba was right to be pissed off at being substituted for a fucking left back. We needed a goal threat.
Mikhi at RB with AMN on the bench?
The experience players are letting the team down. Ditch the main culprits and play the kids. I've said it before and got shot down, but look at tonights result. Play willock, amn, nketieh, a bit of pace and energy.
You've just summed up just what I was thinking but worded it better than I could. Good man. We were fuckin crap after the Greek went off & should have got done by 5 or 6. :barscarf: :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
Absolute shambles from the moment sokratis got himself sent off. What monreal did that led to their 3rd goal was a disgrace. He downed tools stood on the sidelines with hads on his hips sulking. Ramsey ran past guendouzi to try and get to block their runner who scored. Absolute no urgency or awareness by guendouzi of the rennes player, and people are saying he's the future.
Why didn't the captain get hold of sokratis after the first bookable challenge and tell him to calm the fuck down?
couldn't understand UE decisions in this game. There was some proper strange ones tonight.
Post match interview with ben arfa laughing at emery on the touchline has got me steaming.
Auba was right to be pissed off at being substituted for a fucking left back. We needed a goal threat.
The experience players are letting the team down. Ditch the main culprits and play the kids. I've said it before and got shot down, but look at tonights result. Play willock, amn, nketieh, a bit of pace and energy.
Do they know who the captain was/is...I don't?? If it's Mustafi, I wouldn't listen, would you?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:27 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:53 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:21 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:01 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:55 pm
Another tactical shambles from Emery, just about every manager in the world would have subbed ozil, mikhi at right back? any manager who has kept faith with Xhaka and Mustafi, given their performances this season simply cannot be trusted to take us into next season!
Emery is a lightweight, we should thank him for his efforts in May then wish him well in his future career.
Aubamayang’s antics which he was well known for at Dortmund are now becoming common place with us!
It all spells trouble for a manager already out of his depth.
Sid my suggestion would be don't listen to the "analysis" of Keith Andrews..... :wink: Ozil coming off was the signal for our complete collapse in midfield. With him on we were far more comfortable in posession. When Ramsey come on we went into headless chicken mode.

Andrews actually said "Ozil doesn't do enough running around for me". :oops:

Fucking hell.

Well there's Ramsey running around - look how well that worked. :roll:
Whether it be Keith Andrews or Eamonn fucking Andrews, if you go down to 10 men away from home in a two legged tie, you take off your laziest player who also has previous in the “giving up” department.
For their 3rd goal Ramsey busted his gut to get back and try to get to their goal scorer, Ozil wouldnt have !
Emery seemed to be settling for damage limitation, but with the wrong substitutions!
He isn’t up to it mate! and a draw away to a faltering spurs team ? well it doesn’t cut it for me!

Take off your blinkers for a minute sid ……...auba was BY FAR our laziest player tonight
I know Augie and that’s why I also singled him out for ctitcism!
I rate Ozil as our most talented player, but as a midfielder playing in a side down to 10 men you have to work hard and for all Ozil’s ability he isnt what you want in those situations
Sorry sid that is outdated one dimensional thinking. Xhaka and Boomerang were both lazier and contributed less than Ozil. At least with Ozil on we retained more posession. When he went off we lost every ball within 2 or 3 touches because we had no one that can take a touch grab a few yards and find the smart pass. We went full on headless panicball.

Ramsey came in and huffed and puffed to zero effect. You mention him busting a gut for their third goal? Did that prevent the third goal? No? There you go. How you prevent that third goal is by having more posession of the football and limiting their time on the ball.

This thinking of "we are down to ten men so take off the flair players and put on headless runners" is outdated and a recipe to concede in the modern game. Especially when those runners are of the headless guileless type that we have. :roll:

For those saying Boomerang is a problem. A few of us did mention this side to his character when we signed him - but we were slated to fuck. :lol:

He is a very good striker but not a truly great one and he left Germany with huge baggage and a reputation for being a cùnt. Nothing about his current form and attitude surprises me.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

"Look lads - EMPTY"

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Every time we have suffered an embarrassing loss, i have criticised Emery, but tonight the blame is on the players. There are so many shambolic performances, it's hard to pick one. Firstly, although i wouldn't have sent off Sokratis, why get involved in a tangle so soon after getting a yellow,
this is just idiotic. Then you have Xhaka in midfield, who struts around like a prime Vieira but plays like a calamitous idiot, either giving the ball away needlessly or lunging into reckless challenges. Guendouzi was also shit when he came on and shows the difference between hype and reality. Then you have Aubameyang, who was lazy, disinterested and seems to need chances on a plate, to actually score. I also laugh at the posters on here who predict we will comfortably turn this tie around. Against Bate, we needed an OG and a mistake by the keeper to help us through. This lot will get at least one next week.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Its only a game lads don't worry too much

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

With all our problem players, and there are many, Xhaka is the worst. It's like playing with 10 men, arguably worse, as he gives away dangerous free kicks almost every game. I was, maybe still am a supporter of Emery, but his constant playing of this utter liability is wearing my patience. I probably dislike Mustafi even more than Xhaka but I understand there are times Dick needs to play him (although I think he would play him anyway) BUT, he does not have to play Xhaka, there are other options. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Dick extended Xhaka's contract so this playing him even though you have made a gigantic mistake screams of Wengerism.

What a fucking mess we've been left....and what a complete mess we are :( :( :(

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:

And that lazy c.unt wasn't gonna be it - he strutted around contributing fcuking zero, and then had the cheek to look pissed off when subbed ?? I would actually have shot the lazy crunt if I could have last night, and him and lacazette need to both get an attitude change or be told to fcuk off

Btw isn't it funny how much better players are when they don't play ? Nketieh has shown nothing to suggest that he is good enough to play at this level, but now he is part of the solution according to you

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:09 am

"Look lads - EMPTY"
Fucking liability...get shot of him ASAP

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If we do nothing in the summer other than binning Xhaka and Mustafi (for free if need be) it will still be the best transfer window in the club's history.

Two absolute shit stains.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:13 am
If we do nothing in the summer other than binning Xhaka and Mustafi (for free if need be) it will still be the best transfer window in the club's history.

Two absolute shit stains.
It would have to be free....no manager in his right mind would pay for them.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:42 am
With all our problem players, and there are many, Xhaka is the worst. It's like playing with 10 men, arguably worse, as he gives away dangerous free kicks almost every game. I was, maybe still am a supporter of Emery, but his constant playing of this utter liability is wearing my patience. I probably dislike Mustafi even more than Xhaka but I understand there are times Dick needs to play him (although I think he would play him anyway) BUT, he does not have to play Xhaka, there are other options. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Dick extended Xhaka's contract so this playing him even though you have made a gigantic mistake screams of Wengerism.

not really.

we are still very much in the tie and therefore the competition.
we are ELEVEN points better off in the league compared to last season and so therefore very much in the hunt for a top 4 place,

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

shocking performance, we were in full control until that red card.

auba was terrible again, he really needs a kick up the arse because that was unacceptable last night, he just sauntered around. i'm not sure if its complacency or laziness. shite.

fukcing hell if we go out to these lot that will be a boatload of pressure on emery from the wenger lovers, honestly its a shambles. people will say 3-1 isn't the end of the world but i'm not totally confident on us keeping a clean sheet at home. think this might be one of our worst ever european knockouts since winterslag :? :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:25 am
xisstential wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:42 am

not really.

we are still very much in the tie and therefore the competition.
we are ELEVEN points better off in the league compared to last season and so therefore very much in the hunt for a top 4 place,
Tbh, I'm not so sure we are still in the tie, certainly not as huge favourites like most on here seems to think. If they score, which they probably will, we'll need four to win it. We couldn't even do that against Bate. :? :?

And we are in the hunt for top 4 but we have to beat United. If we don't win on Sunday I still think that penalty miss last week will be the defining moment of our challenge.