Manc Filth (H) 10/03 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Manc Filth (H) 10/03 @ 16:30

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:33 am
:(
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:59 am
Have a feeling the FA will make an example of clubs where fans enter the field of play
Hope we don't get caught up in any punishment from the FA
How hypocritical of the coin throwing spitting Scouser taking the moral high ground on this.
You just know if it was a bin dipper fan, they'd be excusing it as passion. There's a big difference between someone running on and punching a player and someone running on and not attacking anyone. It's not wonderful to see but honestly, is someone running around a bit and saying something to a player really the end of the world? Of course it fucking isn't and what about players who score and then stand right next to the opposition fans and goad them or wind them up like that little *word censored* Delle Ali or that other *word censored* Lindgaard? Where's the moral outrgae then? As for that piece of shit Carragher, he can fuck off and needs to be asked every time something happens, "Jamie, you've spat at a teenage girl and her dad and thrown a coin at Arsenal fans. What do you think about this.?"

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The pundits in the studio, including Souness, who's analysis I respect, thought Xhaka was good. I didn't, spoke to a mate last night and we both thought he was awful. Maybe because of his goal they cut him some slack???

Herd

Post by Herd »

Having seen the Penalty on motd it was a penalty but the pundits there seem to think there wasn't enough contact and that jonny foreigner likes a dive.
You can bet your bottom dollar if an England player went down they would say it was a stonewall penalty .
Nothing new there then .

No lets see what the FA does to us over the pitch wally and lets not forget that in the past fans have attacked players at whl and NOTHING happened to them ,even the attacker didn't get Jail when he took a swing at Lumpard .
Jesus I've just seen it again , know the Guy who hit the pitch ,pretty surprised as not normally the type .
Last edited by Herd on Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:01 am
The pundits in the studio, including Souness, who's analysis I respect, thought Xhaka was good. I didn't, spoke to a mate last night and we both thought he was awful. Maybe because of his goal they cut him some slack???

I flicked through some of the papers this morning, and not one of them rated lacazette better that bangbang, and the most laca was given was 7/10 :shock: :shock: What fcuking game were they watching ?? :?
One paper gave lindelof 7/10 and he was absolutely destroyed and shit himself anytime the ball came his way - they even changed sides with him with smalling, and it is very very rare that a team will change their centre backs like that.

Really and truly there should have only been 2 candidates for motm ....... lacazette and leno - take your pick which one should have got it

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

really don't like auba's penalty style. with all the publicity, surely all keepers will now just stand their ground and wait for him to kick it? after all, he hits it so weakly and hardly ever in the corners so the keeper could still save it even if they delay their dive. :?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Augie - Sky kept bashing on about how both of our strikers were playing brilliantly. I thought that Aubameyang was decidedly average whilst Lacazette was class - he doled out the sort of bullying treatment that I haven’t seen since the days of Senderos, Squillaci and co. Completely set the tone for our entire performance.

Herd - funny how if it’s the England captain flopping about then he is “entitled to go down if he feels contact” or “any sort of touch at that pace is enough to knock him off balance”. Didn’t hear either of those excuses trotted out yesterday.

Like last week’s penalty, it looked really soft in real time but actually more contact than it looked. As Souness pointed out, Fred actually catches his thigh first before the push.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:16 am
Augie - Sky kept bashing on about how both of our strikers were playing brilliantly. I thought that Aubameyang was decidedly average whilst Lacazette was class - he doled out the sort of bullying treatment that I haven’t seen since the days of Senderos, Squillaci and co. Completely set the tone for our entire performance.

Herd - funny how if it’s the England captain flopping about then he is “entitled to go down if he feels contact” or “any sort of touch at that pace is enough to knock him off balance”. Didn’t hear either of those excuses trotted out yesterday.

Like last week’s penalty, it looked really soft in real time but actually more contact than it looked. As Souness pointed out, Fred actually catches his thigh first before the push.
thing is they are in the team to score goals - Aubameyang puts away more of his chances than Lacazette, that's just a fact.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:13 am
really don't like auba's penalty style. with all the publicity, surely all keepers will now just stand their ground and wait for him to kick it? after all, he hits it so weakly and hardly ever in the corners so the keeper could still save it even if they delay their dive. :?
Agreed. I thought that, after the weak penalty at Wembley, he'd have learned his lesson and belted this one into the corner. The fact that he's still pissing around with these limp-wristed trickles down the middle really winds me up (because it suggests he didn't think there was anything wrong with his approach last week), and it doesn't bode well for the future, either. I'd rather have someone like Ramsey take them for the rest of the season.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:22 am
northbank123 wrote:

thing is they are in the team to score goals - Aubameyang puts away more of his chances than Lacazette, that's just a fact.
And I’ve defended Aubameyang on exactly that basis throughout the last year. He isn’t a world class all-round striker a la van Persie, but at the end of the day if his habit of being a bit indifferent but still grabbing a goal or two gets him up towards 25 league goals a season then fantastic - not many players capable of that and we would be very lucky to have one.

But just looking at yesterday, Aubameyang was average whereas Lacazette was outstanding (including creating the two goals).

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

northbank123 wrote:

Yea I heard that....there is heavy thigh contact which, as Souness pointed out, causes Fred to lose his balance, hence the hands out because he loses his balance and is falling forward. Souness pretty much nails it.

Interesting to hear Auba's explanation of his penalties....he never looks at the ball, he watches the keeper, then as he goes he puts it the other side. That is just fraught with danger....he says he looked down at the ball v spurs, which he never does, and that is why he missed. Redknapp, interviewing him was incredulous that he doesn't look at the ball. Aubamayang's response...Why, I know where the ball is :? :? :?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

According to the newspapers and other media today, a man entered the pitch. In other news, Arsenal beat Manure 2-0.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:08 am
According to the newspapers and other media today, a man entered the pitch. In other news, Arsenal beat Manure 2-0.
And on a brighter note the ball entered the United goal on two separate occasions. The ball did not enter the arsenal goal on the day.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

We won and scum get beat. :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Weird atmosphere at the bowl yesterday, even at 2- 0 it felt like we were waiting for something to fuck things up be it a jammy manure goal or that useless cu.nt Moss giving a dodgy decision.

Leno was superb. Start him on Thursday ffs. Laca worked his socks off as he usually does and while Auba strolled around and did very little he is just one of those players who is still likely to get a goal. Kos and Sokratis in the defence makes a big difference as does Mustafi's absence all of which helped AMN's confidence and he had a good game, particularly in the second half.

I'm no Xhaka fan but he was effective yesterday. The goal. A great block on Rashford in the first half when he was back covering. Then he looks a dick losing the ball on the edge of the box after Lukaku hit the bar but the ball he received from Kolasinac was complete wa.nk and everything that is wrong with our defending, a ridiculous ball to play.

I genuinely forgot Pogba was even on the pitch until about 25 mins in, the guy is all ego and bullshit.....so perfect for manure.

Yeah I'm not happy with Auba's pens either. Watching it back on the box I'm not convinced he can tell that De gea has committed the other way before he connects. Much rather see him knock it into a top corner.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:13 am
I like the way he doesn't look at the ball and focusses on the the keeper. The ball isn't moving and I suspect he relys on the keeper to move first, which the invariably do, and then trickles the ball past them. It didn't work against Lloris as he didn't move early but he still couldn't hold onto it.