Manc Filth (H) 10/03 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Manc Filth (H) 10/03 @ 16:30

Post by clockender1 »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:47 am
Xhaka's goal was one of the strangest ive seen in a while and made DeGea look more like Almunia :barscarf:
the VR simulation showed that Xhaka hit it across the ball and made it swerve both ways.

initially it went right and when the velocity fell, it bounced and the spin took it the other way.

It was not hit hard at all. it was all technique. :shock:

Lee Lee Dixon said Xhaka and Rambo were practicing that in the warm up. :lol:

i guess De Gea was thinking of the old team who were forbidden from shooting outside the box.

the same VR showed Ozil clearly onside TWICE when we countered. he timed his runs perfectly, one where he clearly had a look before moving. :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:20 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:47 am
Xhaka's goal was one of the strangest ive seen in a while and made DeGea look more like Almunia :barscarf:
the VR simulation showed that Xhaka hit it across the ball and made it swerve both ways.

initially it went right and when the velocity fell, it bounced and the spin took it the other way.

It was not hit hard at all. it was all technique. :shock:

Lee Lee Dixon said Xhaka and Rambo were practicing that in the warm up. :lol:

i guess De Gea was thinking of the old team who were forbidden from shooting outside the box.

the same VR showed Ozil clearly onside TWICE when we countered. he timed his runs perfectly, one where he clearly had a look before moving. :banghead:
Just 2 of literally dozens of decisions Fat Moss and his fucktard linos got wrong. Honestly one of the all time worst 90 minutes of reffing and running the line I've ever seen. Even the easy simple stuff around who the ball touched last on the way out -
the fat burger molester and his crew couldn't get them right. :roll: :censored:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:34 pm
Great job by the back five. They got loads of little interceptions, foot in, stood up, kept their composure, didnt get bullied by lukaku, or caught wrongside by Rashford ( like mustafi) would have done.

Best performance by AMN In the shirt, Kos marshalled them well.

Had we been more clinical upfront they wouldnt have been close. Plus the ref was useless.
Agreed the back five played extremely. I have also been impressed by Leno over the past couple of weeks as well. Considering the defence he has had to play behind, has been consistency changing.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:37 am
xisstential wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:01 am
The pundits in the studio, including Souness, who's analysis I respect, thought Xhaka was good. I didn't, spoke to a mate last night and we both thought he was awful. Maybe because of his goal they cut him some slack???

I flicked through some of the papers this morning, and not one of them rated lacazette better that bangbang, and the most laca was given was 7/10 :shock: :shock: What fcuking game were they watching ?? :?
One paper gave lindelof 7/10 and he was absolutely destroyed and shit himself anytime the ball came his way - they even changed sides with him with smalling, and it is very very rare that a team will change their centre backs like that.

Really and truly there should have only been 2 candidates for motm ....... lacazette and leno - take your pick which one should have got it
Exactly what I thought reading through a few papers on the train. What the F**k were they watching. Lacazette really put in a shift yesterday.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

For me Leno still gets MOTM because a couple of his saves saved the game for us. Laca was excellent though I agree. He bullied every manc filth player that went near him and chased down the ones that tried to avoid him.

Still buzzing to put one over on those cùnts and their new cùnt messiah. :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:50 pm
. Laca was excellent though I agree. He bullied every manc filth player that went near him and chased down the ones that tried to avoid him.
it makes a change for us to do the bullying and not be the ones being bullied. we just doubled up on lukaku and they couldn't get the ball off Laca.

When leno came out to claim that ball i had visions of Lehmann, manniger, szczesney etc i thought an easy pen was coming, but he was quick and precise.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:03 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
. Laca was excellent though I agree. He bullied every manc filth player that went near him and chased down the ones that tried to avoid him.
it makes a change for us to do the bullying and not be the ones being bullied. we just doubled up on lukaku and they couldn't get the ball off Laca.

When leno came out to claim that ball i had visions of Lehmann, manniger, szczesney etc i thought an easy pen was coming, but he was quick and precise.
We still need to stop hitting high balls to Aubameyang as it’s just not his game, Leno’s long kicks just come straight back again,better off hitting Kolasinac and then Lacazette to look for the flick on from him.

Word of praise from me to Ramsey, who I have often critiqued for his flicks, indiscipline and general play.
Considering he knows he is leaving, in just a couple of months, his attitude currently is spot on.

Leno is slowly growing into a keeper that is now reliable and even a game changer - something we have lacked since Seaman ( Jens was too unrealible for me despite the odd spectacular save )

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:24 pm
clockender1 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

We still need to stop hitting high balls to Aubameyang as it’s just not his game, Leno’s long kicks just come straight back again,better off hitting Kolasinac and then Lacazette to look for the flick on from him.

Word of praise from me to Ramsey, who I have often critiqued for his flicks, indiscipline and general play.
Considering he knows he is leaving, in just a couple of months, his attitude currently is spot on.

Leno is slowly growing into a keeper that is now reliable and even a game changer - something we have lacked since Seaman ( Jens was too unrealible for me despite the odd spectacular save )

As a keeper jens was as reliable as they come - as a human being he was a crazy b.astard :lol: :lol: :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:24 pm
clockender1 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Leno is still young and hopefully prosper.
If you think back to when De Gea started at Utd, he developed into a world class keeper over a couple seasons so I'm hoping Leno can do the same. he's certainly young enough to improve.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:22 am
Having seen the Penalty on motd it was a penalty but the pundits there seem to think there wasn't enough contact and that jonny foreigner likes a dive.
You can bet your bottom dollar if an England player went down they would say it was a stonewall penalty .
Nothing new there then .

No lets see what the FA does to us over the pitch wally and lets not forget that in the past fans have attacked players at whl and NOTHING happened to them ,even the attacker didn't get Jail when he took a swing at Lumpard .
Jesus I've just seen it again , know the Guy who hit the pitch ,pretty surprised as not normally the type .
Lacazette has on a couple of occasions stayed on his feet after robust challenges and not gone down, not got a goal from his actions.

It’s clear double standards, if someone pushes you in the back in the box, it’s a clear foul and a penalty.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:44 pm
Herd wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:22 am
Having seen the Penalty on motd it was a penalty but the pundits there seem to think there wasn't enough contact and that jonny foreigner likes a dive.
You can bet your bottom dollar if an England player went down they would say it was a stonewall penalty .
Nothing new there then .

No lets see what the FA does to us over the pitch wally and lets not forget that in the past fans have attacked players at whl and NOTHING happened to them ,even the attacker didn't get Jail when he took a swing at Lumpard .
Jesus I've just seen it again , know the Guy who hit the pitch ,pretty surprised as not normally the type .
Lacazette has on a couple of occasions stayed on his feet after robust challenges and not gone down, not got a goal from his actions.

It’s clear double standards, if someone pushes you in the back in the box, it’s a clear foul and a penalty.
It's amazing isn't it how often the phrases 'minimal contact' and 'entitled to go down there' are used when one of the England luvvies or media darlings goes down in the box. In fact, they fall over themselves to find any camera angle which can back up their argument. What we've done yesterday is yert again, ruin a media narrative, just like we did in 1989, 1998, 2002 and 2004. The press love their bandwagon stories with Manure or the bindippers and hate the fact that we go and ruin them. That defender yesterday nudged Lacazette in the back with the sam amount of force which Mustafi nudged fat tongue last week and the press were shouting their heads off about how that's poor defending and a clear penalty. The double standards will never change.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:49 pm
The double standards will never change.
and we will continue to 'stick their two points up their Arse" :barscarf:

if there is an Arsenal Way on the pitch, it is to make things difficult for ourselves and overcome all adversity with either grit or absolute style.

I live for the day when we can go to the top three and either stuff them or steal a win based on grit and discipline. that's pretty much what makes you Champions.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Say it very quietly but Leno has been quality recently. Meaning that he has maintained the commanding presence whilst being the best keeper with the ball at his feet around, whilst cutting out the flapping and occasional soft goal.

25m for a keeper his age is peanuts in relative terms, think he has been a really good addition.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Leno has had his bad moments but is growing in confidence game by game. Needs to start Thursday too..

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

On the penalty issue, the media are laughable. I haven't seen it widely mentioned but long before the penalty last weekend, Kane was doing everything he could to get a dodgy penalty. At one stage he was surrounded by our defence and stuck his leg out in the hope of getting contact, then when none came, he half stumbled and stayed on his feet. This along with the antics of Ali and Vardy are all weekly examples of cheating but it doesn't suit the 'bloody foreigners' narrative of the media so is ignored. Infact, there is an argument to make that Lacazette is too honest and would get more decisions if he wasn't.