KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AkneyGooner

Re: The Board / Wiggy Out / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by AkneyGooner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:39 pm
Sven Mislintat fucked off because he was told that Arsenal FC were'nt gonna be spending money on anyone he recommended for the foreseeable future, and therefore his job was pointless.
This is probably common knowledge in the 'director of football' world and hence Monchi had no desire to come to us either.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/18/arsenal- ... s-8933311/

This is the current state of affairs in a club as mentioned above that has no clue in the higher management positions.

I think Dick is OK but all those above him are an embarrassment to football.
I find this a likely scenario, in fact I would say maybe he was forced out and we havent been that forcefull in his replacement, it's annoying to have some guy keep asking you buy players and then have to make excuses not to sign them :?

football is in just such a strange state right now though i am interested to know what our 3 year plan is on investment in playing staff.

I think it is interesting given our profits and our ticket prices if the owner does not invest, that is a pretty big statement of (ill) intent. I think the wage bill is a short term excuse, a sensible owner can run up a loss for a couple years and still invest based on the fact the wage price will be reduced over the next 5 years, he has the money to take that hit, but he will not because he imo is a leech.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:24 pm

I find this a likely scenario, in fact I would say maybe he was forced out and we havent been that forcefull in his replacement, it's annoying to have some guy keep asking you buy players and then have to make excuses not to sign them :?

football is in just such a strange state right now though i am interested to know what our 3 year plan is on investment in playing staff.

I think it is interesting given our profits and our ticket prices if the owner does not invest, that is a pretty big statement of (ill) intent. I think the wage bill is a short term excuse, a sensible owner can run up a loss for a couple years and still invest based on the fact the wage price will be reduced over the next 5 years, he has the money to take that hit, but he will not because he imo is a leech.
We're on course for a £60M~ loss in next years accounts so I expect the £45M rumoured budget this summer is about right, if not a little optimistic, I think even the most canny wheeler-dealer type would struggle to 'make Arsenal great again', or anywhere near it for that matter.

Getting back in the CL is critical for Arsenal to make up (partially) for Kroenke's miserly ways. Steve Morrow might well know his stuff but is anyone going to be swayed by a name like that?, I hardly remember him (broken arm aside) so would anyone outside Arsenal take him seriously?. Raul is going to look like a right tit for ousting Sven.. bloody trouble maker he actually wanted us to spend money on the targets he indentified?!, how ridiculous of him!.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think the problem is a simple one ,it's called Raul Sanllehi .
I'm told by people in Spain that he is an arrogant bully and a pig of a man ,(which about sums up most Catalonian execs I've ever met) and doesn't know much about football, in short was nothing more than a skilled apparatchik at Barca which is a very political club .
Right now the only reason he's still there is because he knows more than dearest Vinai who is a bean counter pure and simple .

Neither do I think it's all about Money either .
Overmars was at a club with little money but has managed to turn a massive profit from ins and outs which has been ploughed back into it and Ajax are emerging as a major Club again but maybe at Arsenal the money is expected to be ploughed into Stans back pocket !

Monchi I think just didn't want to work under Raul who he would have to report to. Apparently they wanted to hire the man first and then tell him after what his precise role is, this isn't a recipe for success and leads to trouble !

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

all the reports ive heard of Raul in the media have been grudgingly respectful, in saying he know his shit in the football world and is very effective. Likewise we pulled the plug on Monchi as he was procrastinating too long rather than the other way round.

when raul was appointed it was seene as a coup (as was sven), but i'm reliant on the media for my impression. so maybe your connections are right.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:40 pm
all the reports ive heard of Raul in the media have been grudgingly respectful, in saying he know his shit in the football world and is very effective. Likewise we pulled the plug on Monchi as he was procrastinating too long rather than the other way round.

when raul was appointed it was seene as a coup (as was sven), but i'm reliant on the media for my impression. so maybe your connections are right.
I wouldn't bet on it !! :lol: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Not new news but reading some of the names on the list and the numbers really pissed me off.....so I thought I'd share my pain.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -Lacazette

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:10 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:40 pm

I wouldn't bet on it !! :lol: :wink:
:lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I wonder if the boys have left a positive impression on His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum. :rubchin: :rubchin:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/arsenal-pa ... lace-dubai

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:54 pm
I wonder if the boys have left a positive impression on His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum. :rubchin: :rubchin:

Are you hoping enough to make a multi million pound take over bid ?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Sad isn't it?, just how desperate we've become because of the utter w@nker that owns the club.

Oh and now Spurs have a bigger stadium as well, we can all make jokes about it looking like a toilet bowl but that is just being defensive because we are looking small time now, it's not going to change though with wiggy around.

We're a joke, but at least there is no danger of me wasting my money on the club though, every cloud and all that...

:roll:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Spurs having a few more seats that us does not really matter to me. Both stadiums are 60k seats or there abouts.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:56 pm
StuartL wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Sad isn't it?, just how desperate we've become because of the utter w@nker that owns the club.

Oh and now Spurs have a bigger stadium as well, we can all make jokes about it looking like a toilet bowl but that is just being defensive because we are looking small time now, it's not going to change though with wiggy around.

We're a joke, but at least there is no danger of me wasting my money on the club though, every cloud and all that...

:roll:
Wind your neck in mate. How the fuck are we looking "small time" compared to the perennial centennial bottlers up the road? Because they tacked an extra 1000 seats on a stadium they will never fill after the first season aura wears off?

Ffs their big "ramp up event" attracted a grand total of 30,000 vermin. :oops: :lol:

Their "elite" level managerial genius :coffeespit: coach has won NOTHING in a 10 year career. Even Wenger in the last decade when he was gone to shit as a manager won THREE FA Cups - all while the media were hailing a trophyless Poxychinos as a genius. :oops: :lol:

Even Moron-hio nailed it when he took the piss out of this modern definition of "elite coaches" that have won nothing (Poxychinos) or only a couple of minor backwater trophies years ago (Stupid Teeth). If you have won no major trophies you are as "elite" as Fat Fuck Allardyce.

That new toilet will hurt them financially and when citeh come calling for Fat Tongue with a wedge of wonga he'll go and Poxychinos will go to Spain and the vermin will drift back out to mid table mediocrity where they belong, their brief spell of "success" a footnote in the history of football.

Yeah our owner is a cùnt but ffs let's not lose the plot entirely.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I am not interested in whether Spurs have 1, 2 or even 10,000 more seats than us.

what they have got right though is the design of that new stadium of theirs. they have apparently got a 17,500 stand behind one of the goals - great idea, and what we should definitely have done. we meanwhile have a load of corporate boxes in the middle of the North Bank :roll:

apparently they also have pints of lager for just £4 and that they can pour faster.
puts us to shame to be honest, and I hope that feature can now also be introduced at the Emirates.
live bands and decent food as well to encourage you to actually get to the ground earlier.
again can't fault them, lets face it where is the encouragement at Arsenal to get to the ground more than 10 minutes before kick off ?

BUT until they win something again then its :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: FOREVER IN OUR SHADOW :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I am not interested in whether Spurs have 1, 2 or even 10,000 more seats than us.

what they have got right though is the design of that new stadium of theirs. they have apparently got a 17,500 stand behind one of the goals - great idea, and what we should definitely have done. we meanwhile have a load of corporate boxes in the middle of the North Bank :roll:

apparently they also have pints of lager for just £4 and that they can pour faster.
puts us to shame to be honest, and I hope that feature can now also be introduced at the Emirates.
live bands and decent food as well to encourage you to actually get to the ground earlier.
again can't fault them, lets face it where is the encouragement at Arsenal to get to the ground more than 10 minutes before kick off ?

BUT until they win something again then its :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: FOREVER IN OUR SHADOW :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »