Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by wibble »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:10 pm
wibble wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:52 am
The BBC are doing an online vote just now to vote for the best overseas player in the PL era.

Bergkamp isn’t on the list!
:coffeespit:

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

This has got to be a wind up surely? If Pogcunt or Ibrahimsabitch are on that list I'm sending a nail bomb to the BBfuckingC and - no no I'm just gonna go with my first response....

They had 4 forwards on the list:
Henry, aguero, cantona and Drogba.

Bergkamp got a ‘notable mention’ but isn’t a voteable option! Thankfully about half the comments are about how shit it is not being able to vote for db10

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

wibble wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:15 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
wibble wrote:
The BBC are doing an online vote just now to vote for the best overseas player in the PL era.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

This has got to be a wind up surely? If Pogcunt or Ibrahimsabitch are on that list I'm sending a nail bomb to the BBfuckingC and - no no I'm just gonna go with my first response....

Hnry, Cantona and Aguero. But Drogha ahead of Bergkamp 10!? T.T.F.

Bergkamp got a ‘notable mention’ but isn’t a voteable option! Thankfully about half the comments are about how shit it is not being able to vote for db10

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

wibble wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
wibble wrote:

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

clearly they didn't want to have more than 1 Arsenal player.
to be fair it did mean that Henry won even easier than he would have done :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:14 am
wibble wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
wibble wrote:

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

clearly they didn't want to have more than 1 Arsenal player.
to be fair it did mean that Henry won even easier than he would have done :barscarf:
Don't be fucking silly mate. If Bergkamp is on that list Henry comes second. :D 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The cliched drivel from most of the RTE pundits over last night's fan protest..Ronnie Whelan ( he of the hybrid Dublin / Scouse accent..."the keepa saved the heada while under pressa from his own defenda") led the condemnation with apparently nice boy Duffer joining in at half time and even suggesting the protests take place elsewhere..Richard Sadlier supported the fans right to protest and their reason for protesting.
I have no intetest in International football but I respect that others do and they have a legitimate right maybe even duty to protest against transparent corruption. And as a protest it was mild..I didn't realise the significance of the timing of it until this morning , that being the 33rd minutes in reference to John Delaney's embarrassing 33rd team in the World Cup pleas.
Football is a way of life and if protesting against corruption isn't acceptable to the media or superfans then the Rugby world cup is for them. If idiots like Whelan and Duff are too closeted by their own importance to see that it is fans who make football and made them then they need to look at themselves..What next , tell the fans to be careful what they wish for ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:32 am
The cliched drivel from most of the RTE pundits over last night's fan protest..Ronnie Whelan ( he of the hybrid Dublin / Scouse accent..."the keepa saved the heada while under pressa from his own defenda") led the condemnation with apparently nice boy Duffer joining in at half time and even suggesting the protests take place elsewhere..Richard Sadlier supported the fans right to protest and their reason for protesting.
I have no intetest in International football but I respect that others do and they have a legitimate right maybe even duty to protest against transparent corruption. And as a protest it was mild..I didn't realise the significance of the timing of it until this morning , that being the 33rd minutes in reference to John Delaney's embarrassing 33rd team in the World Cup pleas.
Football is a way of life and if protesting against corruption isn't acceptable to the media or superfans then the Rugby world cup is for them. If idiots like Whelan and Duff are too closeted by their own importance to see that it is fans who make football and made them then they need to look at themselves..What next , tell the fans to be careful what they wish for ?
Well said buddy. I too am not bothered by interlull football anymore (used to be a long time ago but got ripped off by the FAI scum and fucked it away) but many fans do follow that team around the world and spend a fortune and a lot of time doing it. The cheek of these cùnts like Duff and Whelan (great impression btw :lol: ) telling them they are wrong is astonishing. :censored:

We are talking about Delaney a crook that was being paid €360k a year plus expenses and having his rent on a 5 bedroom mansion paid by the FAI to the tune of €3k a month.... during which time he oversaw a pay cut to his own staff in a country with a housing and homelessness crisis. Utter vermin. The entire board of the FAI should be sacked and investigated.

The biggest contribution the cùnt Delaney made during his tenure was to embarrass every right-thinking, non-fucktard Irish person with his "33rd team" plea. :oops: :roll:

Fucking moron. :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:35 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Well said buddy. I too am not bothered by interlull football anymore (used to be a long time ago but got ripped off by the FAI scum and fucked it away) but many fans do follow that team around the world and spend a fortune and a lot of time doing it. The cheek of these cùnts like Duff and Whelan (great impression btw :lol: ) telling them they are wrong is astonishing. :censored:

We are talking about Delaney a crook that was being paid €360k a year plus expenses and having his rent on a 5 bedroom mansion paid by the FAI to the tune of €3k a month.... during which time he oversaw a pay cut to his own staff in a country with a housing and homelessness crisis. Utter vermin. The entire board of the FAI should be sacked and investigated.

The biggest contribution the cùnt Delaney made during his tenure was to embarrass every right-thinking, non-fucktard Irish person with his "33rd team" plea. :oops: :roll:

I have to say that, while I agree with the sentiment that fans are entitled to protest, I don't agree with the principle or the timing of last night's protest -

1. All this uproar has come on the back of a €1000 bridging loan that Delaney had given the FAI a few years ago, and as soon as the story went public last week, I heard/read a lot of "he has to go" comments and I fail to see why :? If the comments were based around questions about why the fai needed the loan I can understand. If he made even €1 in interest then I can understand. However on the face of it, it seems that the uproar has been based simply on the fact that he helped them out and that is ridiculous imo. As pat dolan (former AFC youth player) said in yesterday's daily star, if there is more to this story then people should come out and say what has gone on, but it just seems like it is based on the principle of the loan.
2. Delaney is grossly overpaid and paying his rent is disgraceful, but that falls on the fai and the fai alone - which of us would not try to negotiate the highest wage possible for ourselves when discussing a new contract ? The push and spotlight is on delaney whilst the people sanctioning his wages are getting a free pass :shock:

A few years back I did a stint as secretary of our local league (two and a half years), and one of the roles involved was to attend a Leinster Football Association (provincial body) meeting - I shit you not when I say that at least 80% of those attending were in their late 60's/early 70s, and to me all they were was dinosaurs in suit jackets hanging on to power for as long as they could. Since I stepped away from that role I have been involved with my own local club and have had reason to attend Disciplinary meetings with the association, and I have to say that very little has changed (although the likes of Peter Doyle as secretary is a big positive). A few years ago at one of the world cups, john Delaney travelled with the fans on a train and bought beer and drank with them for the duration of the journey, and tbh I commended him for that - in a body that is over-run with blazers at the top, it was refreshing to see someone mixing with the proper fans.
Again I refer to pat dolan who also pointed out yesterday all the positives that have come under Delaney's reign - this summer we will be hosting the UEFA under 20 final's plus we will host some of the groups for the Euro 2020 finals, and those will have been secured by Delaney. Everything is relative of course, but I would suggest that our various underage teams are doing the best they have been since brian Kerr's was involved, and that all stems for funding and structures put in place for development by those in power (inc Delaney)
I refer to pat dolan for the last time when I add that he suggested yesterday that the campaign to get rid of Delaney is being driven by a Dublin power group who don't like or want Delaney

As an Irish footie fan (as opposed to a fan of international football) I think that Delaney should step down now cos it is bringing too much negativity to Irish football. I don't necessarily feel that his behaviour warrants sacking him, but I do feel that creating a new position for him within the fai is disgraceful, and probably illegal in that they didn't advertise the job before giving it to him. I personally don't feel that mr vanilla (niall quinn) is the right man for the job either btw

augie

Post by augie »

I should also add that I wholeheartedly agree with our midget mod when he says the call for a 33rd team (or even a replay) after the handball in paris, was one of the most shameful episodes ever in Irish football :oops: It attracted a core support group of absolutely brainless mongs who know absolutely nothing about football, but who proceeded to make noise anyway :roll:
However I can never understand how delaney and the fai got hammered over the money they received from uefa for the incident - never before in football (to my knowledge anyway) has a country or club been financially compensated for a poor match official's call, so kudo's to delaney for getting that money in the first place. He and the fai then got hammered for keeping the payment secret, but surely uefa would have insisted on that lest they be beset with claims from other hard done clubs and countries ??

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:25 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:35 pm
Bradywasking wrote:

I have to say that, while I agree with the sentiment that fans are entitled to protest, I don't agree with the principle or the timing of last night's protest -

1. All this uproar has come on the back of a €1000 bridging loan that Delaney had given the FAI a few years ago, and as soon as the story went public last week, I heard/read a lot of "he has to go" comments and I fail to see why :? If the comments were based around questions about why the fai needed the loan I can understand. If he made even €1 in interest then I can understand. However on the face of it, it seems that the uproar has been based simply on the fact that he helped them out and that is ridiculous imo. As pat dolan (former AFC youth player) said in yesterday's daily star, if there is more to this story then people should come out and say what has gone on, but it just seems like it is based on the principle of the loan.
2. Delaney is grossly overpaid and paying his rent is disgraceful, but that falls on the fai and the fai alone - which of us would not try to negotiate the highest wage possible for ourselves when discussing a new contract ? The push and spotlight is on delaney whilst the people sanctioning his wages are getting a free pass :shock:

A few years back I did a stint as secretary of our local league (two and a half years), and one of the roles involved was to attend a Leinster Football Association (provincial body) meeting - I shit you not when I say that at least 80% of those attending were in their late 60's/early 70s, and to me all they were was dinosaurs in suit jackets hanging on to power for as long as they could. Since I stepped away from that role I have been involved with my own local club and have had reason to attend Disciplinary meetings with the association, and I have to say that very little has changed (although the likes of Peter Doyle as secretary is a big positive). A few years ago at one of the world cups, john Delaney travelled with the fans on a train and bought beer and drank with them for the duration of the journey, and tbh I commended him for that - in a body that is over-run with blazers at the top, it was refreshing to see someone mixing with the proper fans.
Again I refer to pat dolan who also pointed out yesterday all the positives that have come under Delaney's reign - this summer we will be hosting the UEFA under 20 final's plus we will host some of the groups for the Euro 2020 finals, and those will have been secured by Delaney. Everything is relative of course, but I would suggest that our various underage teams are doing the best they have been since brian Kerr's was involved, and that all stems for funding and structures put in place for development by those in power (inc Delaney)
I refer to pat dolan for the last time when I add that he suggested yesterday that the campaign to get rid of Delaney is being driven by a Dublin power group who don't like or want Delaney

As an Irish footie fan (as opposed to a fan of international football) I think that Delaney should step down now cos it is bringing too much negativity to Irish football. I don't necessarily feel that his behaviour warrants sacking him, but I do feel that creating a new position for him within the fai is disgraceful, and probably illegal in that they didn't advertise the job before giving it to him. I personally don't feel that mr vanilla (niall quinn) is the right man for the job either btw
Tbh I disagree with nearly every word of that augie. But particularly where you contradict yourself at the bit in red. What does the lying corrupt prick need to do to get sacked then?

Blaming the Delaney hate on Dublin is plain odd tbh. :lol:

There has been corruption and backhanders going on in that organisation all through Delaney's tenure. The tickets that ended up in touts' hands, the rip off of making fans pre book and pay up front for entire campaigns worth of tickets and then after the friendlies are over and the competitive games begin the FAI redirected many of those tickets to the corporates and took 6 months to reimburse fans, undisclosed loans, dodgy procurement practices for training kit (my brother in law could tell you all about that one), the disgrace of Delaney and his FAI buddies (and their families) travelling first class to tournaments and staying in first class hotels while the players travelled 2nd class and stayed in cheaper hotels (one of the contributing factors to the Roy Keane debacle)....... The list is endless and it will all come out in the wash in the next few months.

Delaney and the FAI are indicative of the absolute corruption in the corridors of power in this country.

He bought a few beers on a train? Fuck me. What a legend. I'd imagine it's pretty easy to buy a few beers on a train when you are pocketing €360k....

Also that bridging loan was not €1000 - it was €100,000.

augie

Post by augie »

I meant 100k :oops: :oops: :oops:

I absolutely support removing corruption in any organisation, but even more so in a small association fighting for equality with an association (the gaa) as corrupt and powerful as any mafia family in history. As for all the other stuff, why has it never been brought into the public domain ? Maybe I didn't make myself clear in the part you highlighted (although I did earlier in the post), but my argument is that loaning the fai 100k is in itself not a sacking offence, and I said that if people have other "dirt" on him then lets lay all the cards on the table so that we can see how deep the corruption goes.
Btw (and you probably know this already) Delaney's father was treasurer of the fai many moons ago, and he was forced to resign over some corruption over tickets going to touts - seems it runs through the family :lol:

ps - that Dublin power gang thing came from pat dolan who is himself part of that Dublin power circle - it was not my suggestion so don't go all "culchie vendetta" thing with me :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:33 am
I meant 100k :oops: :oops: :oops:

I absolutely support removing corruption in any organisation, but even more so in a small association fighting for equality with an association (the gaa) as corrupt and powerful as any mafia family in history. As for all the other stuff, why has it never been brought into the public domain ? Maybe I didn't make myself clear in the part you highlighted (although I did earlier in the post), but my argument is that loaning the fai 100k is in itself not a sacking offence, and I said that if people have other "dirt" on him then lets lay all the cards on the table so that we can see how deep the corruption goes.
Btw (and you probably know this already) Delaney's father was treasurer of the fai many moons ago, and he was forced to resign over some corruption over tickets going to touts - seems it runs through the family :lol:

ps - that Dublin power gang thing came from pat dolan who is himself part of that Dublin power circle - it was not my suggestion so don't go all "culchie vendetta" thing with me :lol:
The bigger question is why the €100,000 was needed and why wasn't it recoreded in the books. As the guy on Prime Time said it was less than a year after Euro 2016 when Ireland got a fair wedge . Varadkar also made a decent point on cash flow in an organisation dealing in millions..Banks would surely oblige a short term cash forward for such a big account. My own concern is not the money but why it was needed and why it wasn't disclosed as a matter of intetest.
My gut feeling is that it wasn't a legitimate reason and there are theories that shouldn't be shared here. But it is shifty as hell or can be seen as shifty as hell without honest disclosures.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The media were wetting themselves over the Ireland performance against Georgia the other night. Yes Ireland played constructive foitball especially in the first half but were hanging on at the end and were anything from naive to unprofessional in their ball retention at the end..
With the condemnation of the ever so mild protest by media and superfans alike you would wonder if there is an actual media agenda to protect Delaney which the "green army" are buying into.? It has shades of AKBs in the last seasons of Wenger's reign. Bottom line is misty eyed sentiment about the team is all that matters and as supporters it is our duty to support regardless.
As Aldridge put it "McCarthy is our OGS"...Jesus wept.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:38 am
The media were wetting themselves over the Ireland performance against Georgia the other night. Yes Ireland played constructive foitball especially in the first half but were hanging on at the end and were anything from naive to unprofessional in their ball retention at the end..
With the condemnation of the ever so mild protest by media and superfans alike you would wonder if there is an actual media agenda to protect Delaney which the "green army" are buying into.? It has shades of AKBs in the last seasons of Wenger's reign. Bottom line is misty eyed sentiment about the team is all that matters and as supporters it is our duty to support regardless.
As Aldridge put it "McCarthy is our OGS"...Jesus wept.

When everyone is fit we have SIX premier league players and 2 of them play for burnley, so that should tell you everything about the level of players available to us. What was important to me (and to the vast majority) is that I wanted to see a team try to play football and try to be positive, and that is pretty much what we got - people slate shane long's lack of goals, but in o'neills pre-historic system he was up front on his own running around like a demented fool while the other 10 clowns were trying to ensure that we wouldn't concede :roll: Maybe it is too easy to be positive after the shifest o'neill gave us every single game, but I do think that it was a step in the right direction - I actually would prefer if Ireland didnt qualify for the euro's but instead focused on developing a young squad playing proper football and targeting qualifying for the next world cup. The problem with my theory though is that it will allow the media to paint mccarthy as a failure, and push hard for their media darling (stephen kenny) to come in and reap the benefits :roll: Whichever c.unts in the fai believed and sanctioned a plan to appoint mccarthy for a 2 year gig knowing that he would then be replaced regardless of how he performs, should be sectioned and sent off to the loony bin with haste, cos that is absolute dogshite

augie

Post by augie »

Btw Aldridge is a sneaky scouse c.unt :censored: :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:46 pm
Btw Aldridge is a sneaky scouse c.unt :censored: :censored:
And you are being generous to him saying that...If there wasn't enough reasons to hate Liverpool already that prick's opinions cements the hatred.