USA Preseason Tour

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gp543

USA Preseason Tour

Post by gp543 »

Dates, Cities and Opponents released today for the preseason tour here in the states.

15 July in Denver, Colorado against Colorado Rapids (unconfirmed, but near certain)
17 July in Los Angeles, California against Bayern Munich
20 July in Charlotte, North Carolina against Roma
23 July in Washington, DC against Real Madrid

Happy to provide any advice on the cities listed or traveling throughout America between now and then.

DB10GOONER

Re: USA Preseason Tour

Post by DB10GOONER »

I wonder if Wiggy Racoon Head even knows we are doing a preseason tour in the States.....

I'm hoping The Rapids will offer us a bag of training jerseys for Comedy Iwobi and Xhakatard.

Or hopefully some of Trumptard's stormtroopers get confused about their passports and detain them at a black site for a couple of years..... :D

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:46 am
I wonder if Wiggy Racoon Head even knows we are doing a preseason tour in the States.....

I'm hoping The Rapids will offer us a bag of training jerseys for Comedy Iwobi and Xhakatard.

Or hopefully some of Trumptard's stormtroopers get confused about their passports and detain them at a black site for a couple of years..... :D

Racist :wink: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:50 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:46 am

Racist :wink: :lol: :lol:
:shock:

How dare you! :box:

One spells it "rapist".

:lol: :wink:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

gp543 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:59 pm
Dates, Cities and Opponents released today for the preseason tour here in the states.

15 July in Denver, Colorado against Colorado Rapids (unconfirmed, but near certain)

Happy to provide any advice on the cities listed or traveling throughout America between now and then.
Doing a Boston, NY, Phila, Cleveland and DC trip at the beginning of July. Will it derail too much if I choose to do NC/Denver in between Phila and DC? - I believe flight is an hour or so but Amtrak is 8 hours. Alternatively can replace Phila if needed be since I've done it before and it gives me a chance to visit Charlotte or Denver.

Thanks! :)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:42 am
gp543 wrote:

Doing a Boston, NY, Phila, Cleveland and DC trip at the beginning of July. Will it derail too much if I choose to do NC/Denver in between Phila and DC? - I believe flight is an hour or so but Amtrak is 8 hours. Alternatively can replace Phila if needed be since I've done it before and it gives me a chance to visit Charlotte or Denver.

One word of advice mate..... don't walk around Philly calling it "Phila". :lol: :wink:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Rian1 wrote:
gp543 wrote:

Charlotte makes more sense as it's far nearer (yeah, about an hour's flight).

Why Cleveland?

augie

Post by augie »

gp543 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:57 pm
Rian1 wrote:
gp543 wrote:

Why Cleveland?

He probably wants to see how things are progressing at the browns since their OBJ trade 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:25 pm
Rian1 wrote:
gp543 wrote:

One word of advice mate..... don't walk around Philly calling it "Phila". :lol: :wink:
Or you will have to move in with your aunty and uncle in Bel AIir........

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:20 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:25 pm
Rian1 wrote:
gp543 wrote:

Or you will have to move in with your aunty and uncle in Bel AIir........
:lol: :lol:

JerseyGooner

Post by JerseyGooner »

gp543 wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
gp543 wrote:

Why Cleveland?
charlotte is 400 miles from closest city on your list, Washington DC and 6 hour drive by car. Denver is over 1500 miles and about 5 hour plane flight from any of these cities you listed.

clevand doesn't have much, but does have rock in roll hall of fame and close is American football hall of fame in canton OHio, about 1 hour drive.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Hey Jersey what exit ? I used to play football in Madison.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

gp543 wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
gp543 wrote:

Why Cleveland?
I'm going Canton so thought might as well see CLE and say wassup to OBJ 8)

(Never seen Cleveland and thought I'd go to a more low key city and relax. We do US every other year so I'm over the LA, NYC LV hype. Only reason stopping in NY is because of our holiday home)

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

JerseyGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:52 am
gp543 wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
gp543 wrote:

Why Cleveland?
charlotte is 400 miles from closest city on your list, Washington DC and 6 hour drive by car. Denver is over 1500 miles and about 5 hour plane flight from any of these cities you listed.

clevand doesn't have much, but does have rock in roll hall of fame and close is American football hall of fame in canton OHio, about 1 hour drive.
Scrape Denver then! - Safe to say keep my itinerary as it is and potentially add CHA?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Loving the Colorado Rapids stadium name, Dick's Sporting Goods Park. That's what we should call the Emirates.

Although wouldn't be surprised to see it named Stan's Sporting Goods Park