Harry Kane M.B.E.? WTF

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Harry Kane M.B.E.? WTF

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Why has this *word censored* been given an mbe?
My cousins husband was given an M.B.E. a couple of years ago as he is a bomb disposal guy in the army,and others get recognised because of their achievements,or service,or for contributing to society in some way.
Now, I am in no way a supporter of the corrupt,class ridden,nepotistic honours system,but can somebody explain to me why some arsehole who has never won anything for club or country has been given one,yet somebody such as Gordon Banks,won a World Cup,and tried to do good,was given nothing! :twisted:
Maybe I missed a meeting

AkneyGooner

Re: Harry Kane M.B.E.? WTF

Post by AkneyGooner »

It's just a PR stunt at this point.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:30 pm
A PR stunt at this point??? PR for who......and the award is for life so it's not a point in time.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

AkneyGooner wrote:
A PR stunt at this point??? PR for who......and the award is for life so it's not a point in time.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

AkneyGooner wrote:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

As I mentioned before, I have nothing wrong with awarding merits to individuals who have contributed to the society or sporting event. If it’s for taking English football at its highest point in a long time then I expect every single England player to be awarded one for their contribution.

If it’s for the golden boot then it’s outrgrageous because it doesn’t make sense. With this logic Klose, Villa, R9naldo, Messi and the likes should’ve won their MBE or equivalent.

Either way, weak one and I would’ve been equally critical if it was one of our players.

Why was Southgate awarded one too? Like wtf?

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:23 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:
For the royal family, giving awards because there was a buzz around the the national team at the time, rather than a life of achieving something great for the country.

By "At this point".

I mean in recent years they have diluted the worth of the award by giving it to people like Kane.

Like when Obama won the noble peace prize even though so many drone strikes under his administration the US air force ran out of missiles, and he brang the US to the most concurrent wars they have ever been in.

Awards for populist reasons regardless of actual substance of the achievement's.
Last edited by AkneyGooner on Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:30 pm
As I mentioned before, I have nothing wrong with awarding merits to individuals who have contributed to the society or sporting event. If it’s for taking English football at its highest point in a long time then I expect every single England player to be awarded one for their contribution.

If it’s for the golden boot then it’s outrgrageous because it doesn’t make sense. With this logic Klose, Villa, R9naldo, Messi and the likes should’ve won their MBE or equivalent.

Either way, weak one and I would’ve been equally critical if it was one of our players.

Why was Southgate awarded one too? Like wtf?
As an Arsenal fan I understand this because 4th place is a trophy :lol:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:42 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:23 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:
For the royal family, giving awards because there was a buzz around the the national team at the time, rather than a life of achieving something great for the country.

By "At this point".

I mean in recent years they have diluted the worth of the award by giving it to people like Kane.

Like when Obama won the noble peace prize even though so many drone strikes under his administration the US air force ran out of missiles, and he brang the US to the most concurrent wars they have ever been in.

Awards for populist reasons regardless of actual substance of the achievement's.
not the royal,s its the politicians that draw up the lists, assume the stupid bitch may

Sam.Harrison

Post by Sam.Harrison »

David Cameron's hairdresser got an MBE a few years ago...

And to be fair, Harry Kane has produced enough water to solve the drought problem in Africa. He surely deserves some credit.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Sam.Harrison wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:12 pm
David Cameron's hairdresser got an MBE a few years ago...

And to be fair, Harry Kane has produced enough water to solve the drought problem in Africa. He surely deserves some credit.
The award became such nonse from before Kane won it that I'd believe this.

The second part... :o :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:00 pm
Why has this *word censored* been given an mbe?
My cousins husband was given an M.B.E. a couple of years ago as he is a bomb disposal guy in the army,and others get recognised because of their achievements,or service,or for contributing to society in some way.
Now, I am in no way a supporter of the corrupt,class ridden,nepotistic honours system,but can somebody explain to me why some arsehole who has never won anything for club or country has been given one,yet somebody such as Gordon Banks,won a World Cup,and tried to do good,was given nothing! :twisted:
Maybe I missed a meeting
There is always a couple of nominations for those with disabilities, in this case a Speech Impediment.

Herd

Post by Herd »

It's the only thing the poor *word censored* will ever win so lets be nice to the unfortunate wretch .
Member of the Order of the British Empire, is most suitable ,we don't have an empire anymore it's a hollow gong given out by the German royal family !
Have you ever seen the scrapyard heap of medals Charles saxe-coeburg wears on big occasions' when he never saw a day of active service,similarly worthless !

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Herd wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:12 am
It's the only thing the poor *word censored* will ever win at Sp*rs so lets be nice to the unfortunate wretch .
Member of the Order of the British Empire, is most suitable ,we don't have an empire anymore it's a hollow gong given out by the German royal family !
Have you ever seen the scrapyard heap of medals Charles saxe-coeburg wears on big occasions' when he never saw a day of active service,similarly worthless !
Fixed it for you! :D

How long till he realises that this team can only 'compete' for a few matchdays a season before shitting the bed and going back to its 'next year' shit.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Southgate's elevation from useless *word censored* loser with big teeth and a bad attitude , to the man in the waistcoat hero is a classic demonstration of the power of the media !

Having distinguishing himself in his first management role by taking Boro down and being sacked the following season, Gareth more or less vanished from view until 2011 when he got some cushy number within the FA and then gets made England under 21 manager in 2013 he had boarded the Gravy Train that is the FA .

He got the Managers role after the fat Sam debacle and has winged it ever since ,the world cup group we were in included Scotland and Malta so he couldn't fail to qualify and then we were handed a great draw in the event proper .

Wins against the power houses of Tunisia and the Panama Pub team qualified us for the knockout stage and then came Gareths best moment as England manager ,Losing to Belgium and thus getting into the weaker side of the draw, it was Pure Genius !

Meantime the Press in the UK has whipped the Brexit weary Public into a frenzy which grew as England won a penalty shootout against my favorite country Columbia .
By the time we beat a poor Swedish team the country ,and led by the richly rewarded Cheerleaders of Lineker and Shearer the entire country was singing "Footballs coming home" and putting out the bunting ,we were going to win it this time .

Even in London where the English are a normally an insignificant minority the Pubs were awash with beer and hubris as passers by were bellowed at by union jack waving nutters whose diet now consisted purely on cocaine and alcohol ,we were in the semi's and even wife beating took a back seat as we surfed on the wave of euphoria .
Gareth was now elevated to Godlike status in the dilated pupils of the nation and a star was born with tube stations cleverly adding the name Gareth to Southgate station .

Eventually reality dawned and despite an earl goal we fell to Croatia who exploited our one dimensional approach to Football and its over reliance on proven perennial chokers, that spurs players are .

But as we all came down some idiot still on cloud 9 decided to give him and Harry some worthless gongs ,it will be Im sure the only thing that either of them ever win in their entire lives !

Make's you proud to be English doesn't it !