Everton away Sunday 7/4 14.05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Everton away Sunday 7/4 14.05

Post by xisstential »

A grinding, panic stricken, (if Mustafi plays) hard fought draw? I think every away game is going to be really tough. None of them are gimme's.

Rian1

Re: Everton away Sunday 7/4 14.05

Post by Rian1 »

I'm being brave and banking on us getting a result there. Tough and sluggish defenders will cost us a goal but... 2-1 although the draw is the most plausible option. I shall enjoy that with my half restricted view seat :banghead: :banghead:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Yes agree, this going to be a tough game, 2-1 either way.

augie

Post by augie »

Get an away win here and it really sets us up for a strong finish to the season - lose this game and it sets up an end of season collapse.
That, in my opinion, accurately sums up exactly the fine line we are threading - we are not a great team and I think most of us recognized that emery and his players have punched above their weight (not iwobi's weight obviously :roll: ) to get us in this strong position, but because we have clear weaknesses that everyone can see it wouldn't take much to derail us either.

This really is too close to call

LeftfootlegendGooner

Just looked at our stats for last 10 away games, we concede on average 3.3 goals a game :shock:

I know that would include the Liverpool away game but still that's alarming all the same.

Listening to dick being interviewed this morning he was asked about the away form and why it was so poor (and more alarmingly) was asked if he changed the way we played away from home to playing at home, he said NO.

Isn't that the exact reason why wengers teams had such a poor away record, because he failed to change our tactics which have to be adapted when playing away from home on most ocassions.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

everton have serious pace in their front-line and mid-field, our defence will need to be 'Alert' aka: without must-have-an-accident in the line-up.

augie

Post by augie »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:39 pm
Just looked at our stats for last 10 away games, we concede on average 3.3 goals a game :shock:

I know that would include the Liverpool away game but still that's alarming all the same.

Listening to dick being interviewed this morning he was asked about the away form and why it was so poor (and more alarmingly) was asked if he changed the way we played away from home to playing at home, he said NO.

Isn't that the exact reason why wengers teams had such a poor away record, because he failed to change our tactics which have to be adapted when playing away from home on most ocassions.

His full quote actually was

"For every team it’s the same. We don’t set up differently. Usually every team gets more points at home than away. Every team"

Bit more accurate than what you are saying don't you think ? Anyway forget what he said, and focus on what you see with your own eyes - does he play the same system and formation for every game ? No fcuking way does he and you know it. He changes from a back 4 to a back 3 whenever he believes that it is necessary to do so, and if anything I would think that he changes too much

For years you have frequently pointed the finger at people on here and stated that they/we have an agenda, and yet you pull an out of context quote and use it to bash emery despite every bit of evidence in front of you disapproving it :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

augie wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:16 am

"For every team it’s the same. We don’t set up differently. Usually every team gets more points at home than away. Every team"

Bit more accurate than what you are saying don't you think ? Anyway forget what he said, and focus on what you see with your own eyes - does he play the same system and formation for every game ? No fcuking way does he and you know it. He changes from a back 4 to a back 3 whenever he believes that it is necessary to do so, and if anything I would think that he changes too much

For years you have frequently pointed the finger at people on here and stated that they/we have an agenda, and yet you pull an out of context quote and use it to bash emery despite every bit of evidence in front of you disapproving it :roll:
No he clearly says he doesn't set up differently and the results reflect that, I wasn't particularly digging at dick So stop crying mate, his results are where he will be judged and those stats are horrendous.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:

Jeepers - Augie has her period. :shock:

:lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

This toffees side against our away form could be any result / score depending on which team turns up or which team gets an early goal.

I could see 1-1 just as easily as 1-3 , 2-2, or 2-1.

I think both teams will score so it may come down to who grabs a late break through after a scrappy error strewn game (especially if Comedy Two Arses starts :roll: )

Hoping for a 0-2 or 0-3 away win but if we win it'll probably be a 1-2. :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

As long as Laca and Auba play we will score - I predict an Arsenal win by the sheer fact we Will Score More goals than them. :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

augie wrote:

Well be old bald mate I've just listened to his interview again about 5 times and written down word for word exactly the the part of interview I quoted on.

You quoted on an earlier part of interview which isn't relevant to my post, I don't actually skew my posts unlike yourself to suit my argument, in fact I would go as far as to say "you are the greatest embellisher of our time" :roll: :lol:

Ok in full, interviewer "there's quite a discrepancy between 10 wins in a row at home (The emirates) and only 5 wins away from home. That's quite a difference. Is it because of the way you are setting the team up? Are you setting up differently away from home?"

Dick, "no"

So no Mr embellish not quite different to what I wrote earlier, in fact actually precisely what I wrote :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Yeah I saw the 3.3 goals conceded over the last 10 away matches on sky and that really is not good enough. We can point to the usual suspects but Dick really needs to get that sorted out this summer.

Away form this season and the big five are top followed by Leicester, Palace, Watford and Wolves......then us!! That is better than TOF last season but still shit quite frankly. We have the chance to make up some ground on those figures as we have plenty of away fixtures left but that will require some serious effort on our part.

Don't get me wrong though, who'd have thought we would be in with a really decent shout of top four this season. It's in our hands as well so I expect to see some real desire from the team to finish the season on a high. That's actual real desire not the bollox they like to talk about for telly interviews :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:10 am
augie wrote:

No he clearly says he doesn't set up differently and the results reflect that, I wasn't particularly digging at dick So stop crying mate, his results are where he will be judged and those stats are horrendous.

You weren't particularly digging at dick, but you equated him to the most tactically incompetent clown ever to manage our club ??
If his results are horrendous as you say, then how has he already equaled the points tally wenger got for all of last season, when we still have 7 games to go ? No doubt there have been a few woeful results and performances this season, but the improvements have been clear to see for most of this season regardless of whether we get top 4 or not. People seem to forget that wenger left behind an almighty shitfest that will take (in my opinion) at least 2 seasons to sort out before we can properly gauge if it is progress or not

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Our 97 victories v Everton is a record in English football for one side against another :(they are the only team with more seasons in the top flight than us - but not consecutively )
The 107 goals we have scored v Everton is a premier league record. :barscarf:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47763408