Napoli (H) Europa League 11/04 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Napoli (H) Europa League 11/04 @ 20:00

Post by DB10GOONER »

2-1 Home win and then lose 0-2 away. :roll:

BFG4

Re: Napoli (H) Europa League 11/04 @ 20:00

Post by BFG4 »

Destroyed 1-4 with Mustafi smashing one into his own top corner and screaming at everyone around him like it's their fault.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Our pampered pussies are back in their safe place so we'll win. We'll shit the bed over there though

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:42 am
Our pampered pussies are back in their safe place so we'll win. We'll shit the bed over there though
If we do, it will probably be a scoreline like 3 - 2 making the away leg damn near impossible. The whole thing is just so depressing :( :( :(

Cech & Maustafi to both boost their "assist" stats.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

A draw followed up by a loss, roll on May

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:58 am
2-1 Home win and then lose 0-2 away. :roll:
I agree with this :|

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

I'll actually throw up if I see Cech in goal on Thursday. I don't give no shits Leno played Sunday or cup keeper bollox. Unless you are injured I expect Unai to play the strongest side in both legs.

It's our only thing to grip on and if we play this cup rotation shit we will get our asses kicked so bad we don't need a second leg. Imagine we fuck our only chance of silver because of rotation. Oh boy.. I may be kicked out from the stadium :roll:

It's a clean sheet so fucking difficult to ask? - I mean if Cech plays then the chances are below 0 but come on. I genuinely believe if we win 2-0 and not let them have an away goal advantage we can be set.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Agree about cech it was this kind of thinking under Wenger that got us where we are now, Team must come first.

I think it's bad from a mentality perspective to not play first choice players in every position, you are saying we want to win this game, but NOT 100%. we only want to win this game 95%. And then For the opposition every non first choice player on the team sheet is a boost, they will be saying things like.. that fella can be got at, this one has a mistake in him etc etc.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Czech fannybulge and mystify will start so no clean sheet..meaning we will probably exit the competition in Naples :(

Herd

Post by Herd »

We are at home would be great to start with any kind of clean sheet win. I'm going down there for this one ,might even go in .

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

Unfortunately with "cup rotation" added to the fact that we played so bad as a team on Sunday ,can see nothing but a defeat in both legs ...Out of Europe and possibly out of the top four with our away run in , the only small positive from this is that Dick can start the summer clear out sooner than expected .

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Goonuz71 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:34 am
Unfortunately with "cup rotation" added to the fact that we played so bad as a team on Sunday ,can see nothing but a defeat in both legs ...Out of Europe and possibly out of the top four with our away run in , the only small positive from this is that Dick can start the summer clear out sooner than expected .
The "clear out" is not that simple. Kroenke is not going to stump up any cash and we'll need to sell 5 or 6 of our crap players to raise enough money for one decent one. Who is he going to sell who will fetch decent money??? We can't just clear out players without replacing them. I can think of 10 players I would dump tomorrow but I cannot think of one who would fetch decent money.

Thinking about CL as well.......if by some miracle we get in, this lot won't get out of the group stages :( :( :(

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Honestly, we are at a stage of the competition where first choice players are needed. This is not group stages where you qualify and throw a bunch players for the remaining fixtures. I'll really be surprised (and super pissed off) if Unai doesn't go all out in both legs.

Agreed with above, that useless American cünt isn't gonna give us any more money than an average player. Sometimes I wish we had the American lot in Manchester.. the Cardiff reject manager is getting a 200m cheque to splash this summer meanwhile we need to look for top flight rejects to play for us. Milan is getting 300m to spend from the Chinese. Monsour will give Pep north of 150. Loserpool are eyeing up some hefty priced players. Zidane getting 300m. Bayern are clearing out their squad.

Never seen an owner that does not spend or want the team to be successful. All the *word censored* cares about is his money and US clubs and his 500m stadium in which his shit team will play.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Prediction, another Wenger Euro "already knocked out of the tie before the 2nd leg starts" disaster. Most of the playing squad have previous form for this sort of thing. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Doesn't help when sentimentality dictates that the helmeted Chav probably starts in goal. :barscarf:

Emery will need to concentrate on achieving a CL place after this game anyway. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Apart from his persisting with the utter gash that is the bobbleheaded Comedy Fucking Two Arses, my main bone of contention with Dick (my Dick bone, if you will :wink: ) is this shit of rotating a cup keeper. It's fucking nonsense. On these light pitches in the modern game where no one can even touch a keeper there is literally no keeper on planet fucking Earth that needs to be rested or rotated. :roll:

So if it is sentimentality then it really is misplaced. Kryten Features is not some Arsenal Legend in the twilight of his career, not some great servant of the club that has earned the nod of a few swansong cup appearances, he's a fucking chav and when we finish overpaying him to fuck up simple shit he is walking out the door into a Job with the fucking chav ffs. :roll:

Leno should be starting EVERY game and this fucker should be on the bench at most and even then I'd have our current 3rd choice keeper in as the number 2 ahead of him.