Everton away Sunday 7/4 14.05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Everton away Sunday 7/4 14.05

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Poor performance, shit starting 11, poor ref, bloody abysmal to watch.....no more to say :|

Midz

Post by Midz »

I really don't get why we're so poor in away matches. It's not like we have a big atmosphere at home (it's like a library most of the time) so there's hardly any difference, but for some reason we just don't play well when visiting other grounds.

Do they spray something on the grass that puts us off perhaps?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Bad news I’m afraid. I’ve just done the math and that defeat today means we can’t win the league now. Damn and blast, oh well at least we gave it a go. Good effort lads

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Unless we’re taking a 3 or 4 goal cushion to Naples it’s all she wrote for us in the Europa I’m afraid.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:07 pm
Unless we’re taking a 3 or 4 goal cushion to Naples it’s all she wrote for us in the Europa I’m afraid.
Mate, we ain't getting past napoli, the season is over for sure, we will go out of the ropey cup and lose 4 More pl games.

I thought we might be on a high after recent results and perform better away from home but we seem to turn to blancmange when ever we step more than 5 feet from the Emirates.

It's a funny old game

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah felt the same way after drawing Napoli as I did last season when we got Atletico. We might have some chance in a one off final against either but fuck all hope over 2 legs.

Fulham and Huddersfield are two of the worst sides I have ever seen in the league and both have managed a clean sheet away from home....we haven’t :oops:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:07 pm
Napoli will give us the purple bit over the 2legs that's for sure :( Ancelotti is a master tactician and he will be highlighting our defensive deficiencies, in particular mystify and the Czech fannybulge :| :oops:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:26 pm
Sokrites was an absolute inspiration, a joy to watch and a sign of what we can be defensively.

Losing him for 2 matches after his yellow is an even bigger blow than the loss considering the shit that will be playing at the back in his absence.

Leno is the only other player to come out of that with any credit, the rest were a fucking disgrace to the shirt.

If that’s the type of shit we can expect on the road between now and the end of the season then it’s europe or bust if we are to make the CL.

All well and good until you realise fucking helmet head will be starting Thursday night.

Season over :banghead:
Summed it up very well. Pathetic performance. Still scratching my head on how we're in 4th place at this stage of the season with this bunch of very average players !. Fursday Cup again next year ??. :barscarf: :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Ray C wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:25 am
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:26 pm
Sokrites was an absolute inspiration, a joy to watch and a sign of what we can be defensively.

Losing him for 2 matches after his yellow is an even bigger blow than the loss considering the shit that will be playing at the back in his absence.

Leno is the only other player to come out of that with any credit, the rest were a fucking disgrace to the shirt.

If that’s the type of shit we can expect on the road between now and the end of the season then it’s europe or bust if we are to make the CL.

All well and good until you realise fucking helmet head will be starting Thursday night.

Season over :banghead:
Summed it up very well. Pathetic performance. Still scratching my head on how we're in 4th place at this stage of the season with this bunch of very average players !. Fursday Cup again next year ??. :barscarf: :barscarf:
If anything proves how average this league is, then it's us. We have won 1 away game since November and haven't kept a clean sheet all season, yet are in the race for top four.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

One thing that really struck me yesterday was how Everton did the simple things right. Pass and move. Take the safe option not the Hollywood option at the back. They didn't do anything amazing just the basics with a bit of intelligence, discipline and pragmatism.

We were the polar opposite. We tried to be cavalier and spontaneous and flash and when everyone is on it and that works we are great - but like yesterday when it doesn't work we just look shit and get beaten.

We had Mickey Tarragon choosing the difficult flashy option every time, Mustafalaugh diving into Hollywood tackles, AM-N casually poncing about like he was a superstar, and then when Ramsey came on he was too busy trying to score a goal of the season contender to do the basics, and Comedy Two Arses was too busy trying lame step overs and drag backs and wobbling his hips all to no end product.

We had no discipline and too many players thinking they were superstars. This is a culture that festerred under Wenger and will take Dick a couple of seasons to ease out through re-education and personnel changes.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

This was absolutely shocking, one of our worst performances of the season. We made a very average Everton side look very good, could have played another two hours without carving out a chance and were lucky to only lose by one.

We just never looked like getting going. Ozil and Mkhitaryan away from home in these sorts of games is always going to be a gamble, Guendouzi had another poor game and they implemented a very simple tactic of pressing hard as soon as the ball went to him so that he either went backwards or gave it away most of the time. Also didn’t help that the referee had one of the poorest games I’ve seen all season and let them kick us all around the pitch, but no excuse whatsoever for the way we played or the result.

Thought Dick got it wrong when he brought Aubameyang on and left him out wide. The guy is a very good goalscorer but offers little else. He just wasn’t in the game at all and it was only when Iwobi came on and went out there that we had anything down that side.

Mustafi is just absolutely dreadful. The bloke is fucking frighteningly bad, every game he is a calamity. Fucking hell he is awful. Two game suspension for Sokratis means we should probably resign ourselves to seeing him play for the rest of the season.

Can’t imagine too many would back us to pick up 7+ points from our remaining four away games.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

My first thought looking at our starting eleven before the match was dropping iwobi for mhiki was a massive error, taking away our one pacy player for our slowest in an away game like that was suicide

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

We lost it with team selection....is there a worse midfield pairing than Guendouzi and Elneny in the premiership/Championship?

Totally over run and bullied by Evertons midfield, absolutely no creativity absolutely pathetic.....

Fuck me Elneny and Mustafi pair of useless fuckers drawing good wages...sickening

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

pretty poor negativity after just one defeat.

still think we will make the top 4 and have a good chance of winning the Europa League

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:30 am
pretty poor negativity after just one defeat.

still think we will make the top 4 and have a good chance of winning the Europa League
One defeat :lol:

Have you seen our away record and look how many away games we still have, 6th is where we will end up.