Napoli (H) Europa League 11/04 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Napoli (H) Europa League 11/04 @ 20:00

Post by DB10GOONER »

So many of our fans are cùnts. A European quarter final and they fuck off out the door early. Cùnts. :censored:

A great win. But we were lucky in that 2nd half.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'll take the 2-0 but it should have been more, we missed probably 3 or 4 decent chances in that match.

Also our second string is far too weak and Dick has a serious rebuilding job in the summer. We need to go to Naples with the exact same starting 11 and attitude get an early goal otherwise this tie is going to be very nervy :rubchin:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

It's a good win but we will regret those misses. But then they missed two glorious chances as well.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Well done boys. Brilliant in the first half and perhaps got out of jail in the second. We might have scored a third but could have conceded one and I'd rather have kept a clean sheet than won 3-1.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

PEA telling the Napoli player.....'man, look at your fucking hair'
Napoli player.....'Fuck off Brillo Pad'

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Clean sheet is absolutely massive but there was more than a bang of the Atletico game about that for me.

Should have put the tie to bed with all the wasted chances and with our brutal away form, dodgy defense and shit keeper I’m massively concerned about next week.

Again the clean sheet is such a boost and if we can get one out there even we can’t fuck up surely?

Herd

Post by Herd »

We could and should have scored more but they were exploiting the Monreal side time and again .
This guy cannot defend ,he is a complete liability .
Otherwise good performance !

Midz

Post by Midz »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:54 pm
Well done boys. Brilliant in the first half and perhaps got out of jail in the second. We might have scored a third but could have conceded one and I'd rather have kept a clean sheet than won 3-1.
Absolutely.

Brilliant first half and lucky 2nd but the most important thing is to have kept a clean sheet.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:53 pm
I'll take the 2-0 but it should have been more, we missed probably 3 or 4 decent chances in that match.

Also our second string is far too weak and Dick has a serious rebuilding job in the summer. We need to go to Naples with the exact same starting 11 and attitude get an early goal otherwise this tie is going to be very nervy :rubchin:
2-0 before the match would have been accepted all day long, on the first half performance we should have got another but let them back into it in the second....the substitutions seriously weakened us, El Neny did not a single thing, while Iwobble spent most of his time on the pitch in the floor :censored: . Big miss from Ramsey but they had two very decent chances
2-0 better than 3-1 just hope we can use our brains next week and not overcommit going forward - needs a proper team effort wise next week.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:53 pm
So many of our fans are cùnts. A European quarter final and they fuck off out the door early. Cùnts. :censored:

A great win. But we were lucky in that 2nd half.
Just thought the same...imagine looking up to the stands in the 88th minute when you are 2-0 up against an Italian club and seeing loads of empty seats..

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:52 pm
The expectation when Iwobi and El Neny come on is that they are going to be absolute shit and boy they don’t disappoint :roll:

Agree 100% - I would differ than our midget mod though cos lard arse iwobi is the one that worries me more than elninny, cos lard arse actually believes that he is a good footballer and tries to do shit that he is unable to do. My other issue when I compare both is that regardless of how shit elninny is, he will work hard for the team whilst lard arse jogs around trying to make it look like he is working to the ignorant fans. :roll:

My biggest issue with the substitutions tonight is that he took off ozil and lacazette and left on auba who was utter, utter shite

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Even the fuckin silly rug muncher who interviewed ancelotti mentioned "are you upset you didn't get a foul leading up to the first Arsenal goal" :roll:

Thank fuck Ancelotti ignored the silly washer upper and just said they made mistakes leading up to the goals.

What other English team playing in Europe would have to endure this type of shit, it's fuckin ludicrous.

Btw monreal needs to go, he gets caught out of position too often.

Auba was also not on it, I think DB mentioned about his movement, something I've critised him on here a few times, I imagine the bit that stood out was when ozil had the ball on the edge of the area and auba suddenly raced inside just as ozil passed it to him, the guy has to wake up.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:26 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:52 pm
The expectation when Iwobi and El Neny come on is that they are going to be absolute shit and boy they don’t disappoint :roll:

Agree 100% - I would differ than our midget mod though cos lard arse iwobi is the one that worries me more than elninny, cos lard arse actually believes that he is a good footballer and tries to do shit that he is unable to do. My other issue when I compare both is that regardless of how shit elninny is, he will work hard for the team whilst lard arse jogs around trying to make it look like he is working to the ignorant fans. :roll:

My biggest issue with the substitutions tonight is that he took off ozil and lacazette and left on auba who was utter, utter shite
Cos dick is dickie as fuck maybe :wink:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Happy with the win but 2 goals not enough to go to Naples. We won't get 20 odd scoring chances over there !. They may. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Great performance especially first half, wouldn't necessarily agree we got ouy of jail in the second half..They had a glorious chance and caused problems with balls behind our defence on our left, but Arsenal had at least ttwo excellent second half chancrs too from Maitland Niles and Aubamayang..Some positive performances especially from Maitland Niles, Kos, Torriera and Ozil..Lacazette tried hard to make runs etc but felt he was indecisive at times. PEA , in my opinion, had a poor game. Just before he missed that injury time chance he was put through the centre with options either side but was too casual and lost the ball leading to a dangerous break. Cech was ok but so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet..Ramsey had a good game and was driving the team on..Biggest disappointment and negative on the night was all three substitutions. None of them made sense and player for player the changes weakened the team.
Tough game next week but think we can score so it would take a complete disaster to knock us out then..Sadly we are capable of that too.