Napoli (H) Europa League 11/04 @ 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: Napoli (H) Europa League 11/04 @ 20:00

Post by BFG4 »

Good performance, especially in midfield, both Ramsey and Torreira controlled the game, and showed what we were missing with that stupid El neny and Guendouzi combination on Sunday :banghead: I thought Aubameyang was shit, and can't shake the feeling that goals aside, he isn't much of an all round player. Although we are shit away from home, I still think we will grab at least one out there, and that should be enough.
On a side-note as DB said, what sort of fucking prick goes to a game and pisses off before the end, it's like watching a movie and switching it off before the end. These people need to seriously question their own support if that's their attitude.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Will never understand leaving before the end whatever the reason. Leicester away a few seasons ago my mate offered me a lift on the understanding that we'd have to leave early because he had to be back in London to meet up with an old mate who was back from Dubai. Told him to stuff it (politely of course) and made my own way. If it was me I wouldn't have gone to the game if I knew I'd miss the end

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Just watched the replay again & it don't get any better - We should have scored heaps Ramsey second half miss + Lacosette air swing & their keeper made a couple of magic saves. Maybe the score should have been 7 - 2. I'd be happy with that. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:53 pm
So many of our fans are cùnts. A European quarter final and they fuck off out the door early. Cùnts. :censored:

A great win. But we were lucky in that 2nd half.
Just thought the same...imagine looking up to the stands in the 88th minute when you are 2-0 up against an Italian club and seeing loads of empty seats..
it was still pretty full in there on 88 minutes to be fair.
the bigger problem is fans not arriving on time - last night was an 8pm kick off so there was NO EXCUSE.

the club even laid on a "light show" from 7.50pm which although shit should have got people in early.
loads of people last night were still arriving 10-15 minutes into the match.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

robbo10 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:06 pm
i'm right behind the goal tonight so I will be watching Cech very closely...
Sadly I think you'll be watching him picking the ball out of the net at least once,and possibly one will be from his error,I have very little faith in the bloke.

I think we'll lose both legs,if the team news is to be believed I cant see the point of playing the stiff,we owe him nothing.
he was actually very good last night. no complaints although I have to say that their keeper was outstanding and kept them in the tie.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:39 am
Good performance, especially in midfield, both Ramsey and Torreira controlled the game, and showed what we were missing with that stupid El neny and Guendouzi combination on Sunday :banghead: I thought Aubameyang was shit, and can't shake the feeling that goals aside, he isn't much of an all round player. Although we are shit away from home, I still think we will grab at least one out there, and that should be enough.
On a side-note as DB said, what sort of fucking prick goes to a game and pisses off before the end, it's like watching a movie and switching it off before the end. These people need to seriously question their own support if that's their attitude.
I can understand it if we are playing shit, 3-0 down or something, but in a quarter final, 2-0 up but still and edgy game where things can still happen.
Ticket prices are so high that you would think they would stay if only to get their money’s worth.

The only people with an excuse to leave are those whose train leaves and there is not another after to get home ( can’t be too many of them )
I always hope we get late goals just to piss the leavers off.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:06 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:53 pm
So many of our fans are cùnts. A European quarter final and they fuck off out the door early. Cùnts. :censored:

A great win. But we were lucky in that 2nd half.
Just thought the same...imagine looking up to the stands in the 88th minute when you are 2-0 up against an Italian club and seeing loads of empty seats..
it was still pretty full in there on 88 minutes to be fair.
the bigger problem is fans not arriving on time - last night was an 8pm kick off so there was NO EXCUSE.

the club even laid on a "light show" from 7.50pm which although shit should have got people in early.
loads of people last night were still arriving 10-15 minutes into the match.
Although I agree and I expressed the same sentiments (but more for weekend games) we have to remember that at the end of the day a) it is a mid-week game and b) 8pm kick off doesn't always mean everyone finishes at 5-6pm. Loads of people in the City or throughout London in professions like finance, law, medicine, CS and etc. don't do strict hours. To make things worse, add rush hour on the tube and it's a nightmare.

Don't agree with leaving on the 39th minute for beer and 75th minute so Arsenal station is clear though. Left after full-time and I still made it to office at 6:30. Even worse when all the above happen on a Saturday/Sunday game. :?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Tfl make things worse by closing Holloway road 1.5 hrs b4 any game as they wanted Arsenal to pay for the expansion of the station and Arsenal refused after all they don't give a toss. They also could run a shuttle service from Finsbury Park and Kings Cross and Moorgate into Drayton Park which could take thousands but they don't. Yet they spend millions on Wembley Park and lay on extra trains for any event there.
Highbury and Islington is hugely busy on any night because it's a major east west and north south Overground route . When u add football into it it's chaos . Many in suburbia last trains are b4 11 so they have to shift . 8pm kick off and the fact it can take mins to get out because the isles are narrow and u have no choice but to go early.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

if people finish work late then they shouldn't be going to the match.
I know someone who was in this situation yesterday and so sold their ticket on the ticket exchange.

the later the kick off the more likely people are to leave early. 8pm is a stupid time to kick off - all evening games should be no later than 7.45pm.

regarding half time the problem is down to how slow the service is at the Emirates.
I hear that the scum have the new quick pour pints at their new stadium - these need to be introduced at the Emirates.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Good result and performance. Not convinced its gonna be enough though. I can see us being 2-0 within 20 mins over there if we dont start with the right approach. Hopefully Torreira being back will ensure we don't let Napoli have things all their own way. I love that little guy!

Have to say PEA is pissing me off more and more I seen him play though. He is a good player but so careless and unlike Lacazette he doesnt make up for his misses and wastefulness with workrate. Still cannot forget or forgive that penalty miss.

Also agree about the early leavers, although for those of us who stay it does take a ridiculous amount of time to get out. I never used to be particularly anxious to get away early but I really do want to be away before Neil fucking Diamond's ''Sweet Caroline'' comes on :banghead:

What the fuck has that song got to do with anything about football or Arsenal? Why do we even have to post game music? I bet its down to Nigel - the tool with the trendy hipster beard who does the half time interviews. Nigel looks and sounds like the sort of knob who would listen to Neil Diamond. I cannot stand it. All his songs make my ears bleed! I'd rather listen to an air raid siren! Maybe that's the point? Neil Diamond is as good a way as any to clear an area :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

What a wasted opportunity to stick four past what were a useless shower of cu.nts in the first half. After we scored the second Napoli were all over the place at the back but instead of going for the jugular with speed, pressing and direct attacking we sat off and did some nice pointless wenkeresque pointless fucking passing pointlessly about. We could and should have put this tie to bed in the first half. Now we're going to go over there and if we concede in the first half hour it's going to be squeaky bum time. The only redeeming factor is that I can see us scoring which will force them to score four which as long as Calamity Mustafi isn't playing should be ok.

I get in about half an hour before kick off to avoid the fucking mass of bodies trying to get in 10 mins before kick off. Let's face it, it doesn't matter what fucking time we kick off the same people will be there trying to get in ten mins before the start - human nature. As for leaving early, well I can understand that - some folk have trains and connections to catch, family commitments, some are heading off to work, some just want to beat the rush. They've bought their ticket and rocked up...so fair play to them.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:08 am
robbo10 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:06 pm
i'm right behind the goal tonight so I will be watching Cech very closely...
Sadly I think you'll be watching him picking the ball out of the net at least once,and possibly one will be from his error,I have very little faith in the bloke.

I think we'll lose both legs,if the team news is to be believed I cant see the point of playing the stiff,we owe him nothing.
he was actually very good last night. no complaints although I have to say that their keeper was outstanding and kept them in the tie.
That's good to hear,I haven't seen the game and there's no doubt he was decent 10 years ago,every time I seem to see him he has a mistake in him,the clean sheet was nice too,it takes the away goal threat away,1 Napoli goal last night changes the whole tie.

Clash

Post by Clash »

robbo10 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:08 pm

That's good to hear,I haven't seen the game and there's no doubt he was decent 10 years ago,every time I seem to see him he has a mistake in him,the clean sheet was nice too,it takes the away goal threat away,1 Napoli goal last night changes the whole tie.
Cech is the current day Pat Jennings:

- a legend with another London club but not with us

- a reject who was way beyond his best by the time he signed who makes costly mistakes **

- Still has the other London in his heart

- will return to the club he loves as a coach after he's done with us

As Emery doesnt look like dropping him, I hope if we get to the Europa final that Cech isn't fit so that Leno has to play. Especially if that final is against Chelsea.

(** Spurs away 1982 FA Cup / Oxford away 1984 Milk cup as a couple of examples for any Jennings fans on here. The man is a Spurs man through and through! Never understood why Jennings is as popular as he is with so many Arsenal fans)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:26 pm
robbo10 wrote:

- a reject who was way beyond his best by the time he signed who makes costly mistakes **

As Emery doesnt look like dropping him, I hope if we get to the Europa final that Cech isn't fit so that Leno has to play. Especially if that final is against Chelsea.

(** Spurs away 1982 FA Cup / Oxford away 1984 Milk cup as a couple of examples for any Jennings fans on here. The man is a Spurs man through and through! Never understood why Jennings is as popular as he is with so many Arsenal fans)
Met Jennings outside Highbury before a NLD in the mid 90s..Asked him who he was supporting on the day. He looked at me like I had asked the most stupid question ever , which in fairness I probably had..He grunted that he worked for Tottenham.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Clash wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:26 pm
robbo10 wrote:

A bit harsh Clash,it wa a good transfer,he went on to play a big part in the various cup runs 78=80 ,I cant disagree that he was a Vermin legend and maybe past it 82-84 but his first few seasons with us he was a great goalkeeper