other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rian1

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Rian1 »

I think with Salah's goal it's all done and set for this game. Fuckin' hate them but it needs to be said they played some good football and everyone in their team had a major step-up. When the front 3 are neutralised, someone else steps up.

Unless City can win both Tottenham and United games (No doubt they can but never know), I'm afraid we'd have to endure that shitshow of Liverpool winning it in the summer and years to come. :cry:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Rian1 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:49 pm
I think with Salah's goal it's all done and set for this game. Fuckin' hate them but it needs to be said they played some good football and everyone in their team had a major step-up. When the front 3 are neutralised, someone else steps up.

Unless City can win both Tottenham and United games (No doubt they can but never know), I'm afraid we'd have to endure that shitshow of Liverpool winning it in the summer and years to come. :cry:
Gonna be unbearable. I think City will drop points somewhere along their difficult road. Cardiff are fighting for their existence and might just take a point from the dippers game?? Here's hoping :?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:29 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Gonna be unbearable. I think City will drop points somewhere along their difficult road. Cardiff are fighting for their existence and might just take a point from the dippers game?? Here's hoping :?
I think the dippers will win it :( can see them winning all their remaining games

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I make City still favourites.

the key games are City v Spurs and City v United.

Spurs will be worn out by the CL match this week and City's stronger squad will see them win
City can then afford to draw v United because of their superior goal difference to Liverpool.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:37 pm
I make City still favourites.

the key games are City v Spurs and City v United.

Spurs will be worn out by the CL match this week and City's stronger squad will see them win
City can then afford to draw v United because of their superior goal difference to Liverpool.

Wrong. City would be a point behind if that happens :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Really fearing it's going to be the Victims. They have the luck as in mistakes by Fulham and Spuds keepers gifted them late winners in games they were not good in..They have the authorities on their side , remember their favourable Christmas schedule. They have officials on their side , five offside goals in one season. Robertson hand ball in build up to goal which ultimately beat Palace..Three dodgy penalties in succesive home games over Christmas, another Salah dive unpunished yesterday.. They have the media on their side and not just because a lot of them are ex Victims..The mainstream media are terrified of Liverpool FC and their supporters , so cheating by Salah yesterday for example is not called out.
Brace yourselves it's going to be horrible.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:08 pm
Really fearing it's going to be the Victims. They have the luck as in mistakes by Fulham and Spuds keepers gifted them late winners in games they were not good in..They have the authorities on their side , remember their favourable Christmas schedule. They have officials on their side , five offside goals in one season. Robertson hand ball in build up to goal which ultimately beat Palace..Three dodgy penalties in succesive home games over Christmas, another Salah dive unpunished yesterday.. They have the media on their side and not just because a lot of them are ex Victims..The mainstream media are terrified of Liverpool FC and their supporters , so cheating by Salah yesterday for example is not called out.
Also if you chuck in Pickfords late howler in the derby and then Mahrez penalty miss in the 0-0 with city, it's looking more and more like it's gonna be them :(

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
Absolutely agree. That was a blatant bit of cheating Mo Salah is a serial diver who somehow doesnt have a reputation in the media for it!

It just shows how the media dictate. As a Londoner, naturally I have a good few mates who support Liverpool ( :roll: ) ... and if you ever try and point out anything negative about their club they are shocked to hear it. Its because they never hear it in the media.

Amongst a lot of Liverpool fans I know, there seems to be the impression that their club is respected and admired by other fans. And that it will be good for football if Liverpool win the title. But its really only the media that thinks that way. Most non-Liverpool fans that havent been brainwashed do not like them at all. And rightly so. The merseyside based fans in particualr are as vile as it gets in the game. At least with Man United fans they will acknowledge that they're not liked by other fans. Liverpool fans are deluded fuckers.

I admit their history is as dramatic as it gets but a big part of that history stuff that gets swept under the carpet because it doesnt fit the narrative.

I think I will be avoiding Sky and BBC as much as possible come May. Just cannot handle what I fear is coming!

augie

Post by augie »

Clash wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:45 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Absolutely agree. That was a blatant bit of cheating Mo Salah is a serial diver who somehow doesnt have a reputation in the media for it!

It just shows how the media dictate. As a Londoner, naturally I have a good few mates who support Liverpool ( :roll: ) ... and if you ever try and point out anything negative about their club they are shocked to hear it. Its because they never hear it in the media.

Amongst a lot of Liverpool fans I know, there seems to be the impression that their club is respected and admired by other fans. And that it will be good for football if Liverpool win the title. But its really only the media that thinks that way. Most non-Liverpool fans that havent been brainwashed do not like them at all. And rightly so. The merseyside based fans in particualr are as vile as it gets in the game. At least with Man United fans they will acknowledge that they're not liked by other fans. Liverpool fans are deluded fuckers.

I admit their history is as dramatic as it gets but a big part of that history stuff that gets swept under the carpet because it doesnt fit the narrative.

I think I will be avoiding Sky and BBC as much as possible come May. Just cannot handle what I fear is coming!

The reason for this (and I am being 100% serious here), is that the media are afraid of the victims fans organising a ban on their product like they did with the sun newspaper - I suspect that the shock of the scale and success of that protest, was felt by every media outlet and not just the sun, and imo they have been treated with kid gloves by the media ever since :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:25 pm
Clash wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:45 am
Bradywasking wrote:

The reason for this (and I am being 100% serious here), is that the media are afraid of the victims fans organising a ban on their product like they did with the sun newspaper - I suspect that the shock of the scale and success of that protest, was felt by every media outlet and not just the sun, and imo they have been treated with kid gloves by the media ever since :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

You are absolutely right, Augie. That has always been my feeling too. I also read somewhere that when ITV bought the rights to show the football back in the 80s, their sports department was run by loads of the old Granada TV people who if course had their own vested interests and contacts at the bindippers and Manure. When Sky then bought the Premiership rights, lots of those ex-Granada staff went to work for them and the love-in continued. I do think that outside of their own minds, they are one of the most despised teams in England. No real fan of another club likes them and they recognise the same bias and sickening attention the media give them. Fuck them all, the murdering scum. JFT 39.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Barca v Man Utd

I hope Utd get battered. Really battered, or if not I hope Barca win anyway they can.

John F

Post by John F »

Midz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:52 pm
Barca v Man Utd

I hope Utd get battered. Really battered, or if not I hope Barca win anyway they can.
The battering has startec

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Looking at the other tie, City had better see off the scum tomorrow. Juventus look average even with the Portuguese ladyboy and Ajax while looking decent at times, are inexperienced and can easily see them bottling a semi final

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 pm
Looking at the other tie, City had better see off the scum tomorrow. Juventus look average even with the Portuguese ladyboy and Ajax while looking decent at times, are inexperienced and can easily see them bottling a semi final
Juve need two goals in 15 minutes.

If city don't do their job, the scum could win it. :cussing:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:40 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 pm
Juve need two goals in 15 minutes.

If city don't do their job, the scum could win it. :cussing:
:lol:

Not a chance, just watched the Messi show and the spuds will never beat Barca and Barca will be in the final, personally as I said some time ago my preference to win it is Ajax and they still can.