Arsenal player of the season.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Leno
16%
Sokratis
32%
Torreira
14%
Ramsey
11%
Lacazette
19%
Aubameyang
3%
Iwobble
5%

Total votes: 37

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Just flicked on .com and seen they have opened up voting for the player of the season.

My personal choice is between 2

Leno - has come in and looked far more assured in the last 2 months, winning us games with several top drawer saves.

Ramsey - despite knowing for some time he was leaving at the seasons end he has put in performances that show maturity and his devotion to the team, when he cuts out the flashy shit he can be a great asset.

Despite scoring goals Aubameyang hasn’t been consistent, maybe the changing team / formation hasn’t helped and I think Lacazette has had a better overall season than him.

Torreira came in like a hurricane but maybe blew himself out mid season, hopefully he is raring to go for the run in.

Sokratis has held our defence firm when all around him (Mustafi mainly) go to pieces

Still time for someone to be a hero in the EUFA cup but it should be judged over the whole season.

Will do a poll of the top contenders.

falkirk goon

Re: Arsenal player of the season.

Post by falkirk goon »

Leno for me 8) far and away the best option between the sticks :barscarf: which makes the continual playing of the Czech fannybulge in the cups all the more baffling. He has won us a fair few points that's for sure.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Sokratis for me. Would go for a proper old skool fuck off centre half as player of the season every time. 8) Particularly one who has to mop up after the shit that plays around him

augie

Post by augie »

Sokratis gets my vote only fractionally ahead of leno and lacazette 8)

Knowing the type of "new afc fans" that are now rife in our club, I expect ramsey to be voted as player of the season confirming his status as a legend/one of our best players ever :roll:

What the fcuk is lard arse's name even doing on that list ??? :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Leno for me...eventually settled in and has been good second half of the season..double save v Scum was highlight of his season..

Herd

Post by Herd »

Has to be Mustafi,he,s been playing us since he arrived.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm assuming that list is taken directly from their website? Because if I thought that Comedy Two Arses was put on it at this end I'd delete the whole fucking thread. :lol: :wink:

Toss up between Leno, Sokratis and Torriera for me. Maybe add Laca to that too.

No idea what the Welsh Messi-Lite is doing on that list either to be honest. He's been his usual wasteful over elaborate self all season and has only put in a few decent performances over the last month or two - not enough to justify inclusion for me. But as augie says he'll probably win it because so many of our new JCL fans know about as much about football as George Michael knew about vagina.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:01 am
I'm assuming that list is taken directly from their website? Because if I thought that Comedy Two Arses was put on it at this end I'd delete the whole fucking thread. :lol: :wink:

No idea what the Welsh Messi-Lite is doing on that list either to be honest. He's been his usual wasteful over elaborate self all season and has only put in a few decent performances over the last month or two - not enough to justify inclusion for me. But as augie says he'll probably win it because so many of our new JCL fans know about as much about football as George Michael knew about vagina.

Iwobble was added as artistic license or more succinctly me taking the piss.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

I have a man crush for Sokratis; I wish they all had his passion and commitment but he's not player of the year. Sadly it has to be Rambo.

John F

Post by John F »

Sokratis for me, we have been wanting an old school dirty tricks player like him for years.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Red Snapper wrote: I have a man crush for Sokratis; I wish they all had his passion and commitment but he's not player of the year. Sadly it has to be Rambo.
Strange post. Sounds like you don't want to give it him so why are you? :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Who Tha FUCKK voted for Bobblehead?????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

That's all well & good for a laugh mate, but someone has actually voted for him. :?

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:32 pm
StuartL wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

That's all well & good for a laugh mate, but someone has actually voted for him. :?
I reckon that was our old friend Douglas Herd

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:07 pm
Red Snapper wrote: I have a man crush for Sokratis; I wish they all had his passion and commitment but he's not player of the year. Sadly it has to be Rambo.
Strange post. Sounds like you don't want to give it him so why are you? :?
I'm sad he's leaving for nothing.