Palace (H) PL 20/04 @ 16:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Palace (H) PL 20/04 @ 16:00

Post by rodders999 »

I’d rather play with 10 than ever see that vermin piece of shit kick a ball for us ever again.

FUCK OFF OUT OF OUR CLUB.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:59 pm
That was shit. It brought the chavs and united right back into the race for 4th.

Just four more games to go until Dick can get rid of the dross.
Oh Fuck off....don't let Emery slide on this, what makes you think he is even thinking of getting rid of those we hate? He plays Mustafi regularly, if Xhaka is fit, he is virtually the first name on the team sheet and I have personally heard him big Iwobi up, explaining what he brings....like we who are watching don't understand his brilliance, his contribution, his value to the team. It smacks of Wengerism..... Dick can fuck off as well :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

We lost at home to Crystal Palace. Crystal Palace, who are out of everything and playing for nothing....At HOME, let that sink in!!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Well I said we would come sixth at the start of the season and said sixth even last week, that's exactly where we will come, the biggest bunch of bottlers ever, we don't deserve to be in the cl.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Double bollox

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

wibble wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:19 pm
Given we were at home I was confident of getting the three points, until I saw the starting lineup that is. Absolute nonsense!

Poor team selection and blowing a great opportunity when other teams had slipped up, very Wenger like

Plenty of away games left with very little room for another slip up. Disappointing
I know Sokratis was out but seriously why play a couple of guys - Jenkinson and Eleney who don’t get in the team in a must win game ?

We win this and then look midweek to see who has a knock etc.

Ffs we have blown a huge chance to make 3rd a possibility , now with our away form it’s a remote one.

Seems like the EUFA cup basket has got all our eggs in it.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Tired of repeating the same old shit. Everey time we have a chance to take advantage of others around us losing, we fuck it up.
same happened under Wenger.
it must be an arsenal trait.

useless bunch of wankers the lot of 'em!

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

That once chance we had to secure a gap between the one below us and we fuck it up. On this note, it’s fucking criminal if the dumb fuck Mustafi puts on an Arsenal shirt before the end of the season. Blows my mind how he got into a WC winning squad.

Laca finally fed up with this shit as well, especially with the midfield and Iwobi. He had a proper go at that tunnel vision prick Iwobi whose reaction was “calm down”. Then proceeds to take the ball and pass it backwards to another player who shouldn’t touch An Arsenal shirt again too; El Neny.

Don’t know what’s going with Unai either, I know we have Wolves midweek but every single game counts and you put Jenko, El Neny and Guendozi? Fuck sake.

Clash

Post by Clash »

That was bad!

I wonder if the manager and the players made the mistake many fans made ... assuming we would get maximum points from our home games and that it was just the away games we needed to worry about.

As much as you cant take anything for granted, you should never lose at home to Crystal Palace. Especially when its so crucial to get 3 points and they have nothing to play for.

Criminal team selection from the manager too. I know he's hampered with injuries and the squad strength is dreadful ... but he made it even worse today. We should have started with the team we started the 2nd half with. Minus Mustafi. I'd rather play with 10 men to be honest. Words fail me with him. So many costly mistakes yet there he is, back in the side on a regular basis. Why is it never him who is injured or suspended :banghead:

Real missed opportunity today and unless there is an unexpected improvement in our away form I expect we'll finish 5th.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I despise Mustafi but to simply blame him and not put any blame at Emery's door is up there with the bullshit the AKB'S use to sprout. Firstly, it's Emery that started the moronic *word censored*, despite there being mountains of evidence he is a liability and would lose us a crucial game, eventually. Emery then had the nerve to say in his post-match presser "I think in the season, Mustafi has been consistent" :banghead: Add to that him starting El neny and Jenkinson and it's no wonder we lost. Why is it that for the longest time we have had players and management that are arrogant beyond belief and expect the opposition to just roll over. Mustafi is a twat but it's the manager that allowed him another chance to fuck up today.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Didn’t see the game. I’m sure it was frustrating going forwards, but fuck me you can’t concede 3 goals at home to Palace. Not now, not ever.

Looking at Liverpool and City, between them in 69 PL games then scoring twice has been enough to win 63 games and draw 4, losing only 2.

You can’t ever get near challenging for big trophies (league or cup) having to score 3 goals at home to dross to get a result out of it.

It’s no coincidence that we have been markedly better in recent times with Koscielny and Sokratis - that fucking blundering *word censored* Mustafi comes back in and we are at sixes and sevens. I couldn’t really give a fuck what happens to him, as long as he never pulls on a fucking Arsenal shirt again after this season. Fuck it, I would even take paying the useless prick’s extortionate wages if it meant be never played for us again. Of all the awful players we have seen over the last decade, he is probably the worst and without a shadow of a doubt the most damaging. Fucking waste of space.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

This scenario will keep repeating until he gets rid of the likes of Mustafi, Elneny, Guendouzi and Iwobi, worryingly not sure he will

Mustafi is a total fucking liability.....

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:52 pm
I despise Mustafi but to simply blame him and not put any blame at Emery's door is up there with the bullshit the AKB'S use to sprout. Firstly, it's Emery that started the moronic *word censored*, despite there being mountains of evidence he is a liability and would lose us a crucial game, eventually. Emery then had the nerve to say in his post-match presser "I think in the season, Mustafi has been consistent" :banghead: Add to that him starting El neny and Jenkinson and it's no wonder we lost. Why is it that for the longest time we have had players and management that are arrogant beyond belief and expect the opposition to just roll over. Mustafi is a twat but it's the manager that allowed him another chance to fuck up today.
When you have little to no option as a CB you're left with that shit prick as your first choice so not totally Unai's fault* but not sure he couldn't do:
ANM - Kos - Mavropanos - Kolasinac at the back.

If you're playing two liabilities like El Neny (who shouldn't even be anywhere near Emirates) and Guendozi (still 20 and will improve) it will never go well. Should've gone with Matteo and Torreira as holdings and Ozil - Laca - Auba in the attack.

From minute 45 we started controlling Palace and they were edgy before Zaha scored. If that went from KO we would've cruised past this Palace side who were good but not good enough to be 3-1 up away.

*- having said that, he still played him at times before Holding so Idk what Unai sees in him, honestly.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Fully expected to see a bloke flapping his arms at the fourth official and struggling to fasten a zip when I looked across at the bench. One of those games where you do sympathise with those that say no progress has been made. Was horribly reminiscent of some of the performances under the previous manager.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Was at the game today, and it is fairly simply summed up.

We sent out a weak(ened) team against opposition that were just assumed to have turned up to be beaten. Didn't they win at Man City?

Of course, Mustafi is crap, but we gave him every chance to be so, and he took it.

Emery obviously thinks 3 points at Wolves is somehow worth more than 3 points v Palace.

We were up against a player in Zaha who, if not world class, is not far away, seriously. But we never once closed him down or even stopped the supply to him. Amateurish.

To win big trophies you need the odd world class player, We just about have one, but he can't do it on his own from midfield. Every other top team in the PL or abroad have the forward player, Chelsea, Spurs for sure, Man City and Liverpool a couple each.

You can't put three/four average players in a team and expect to win. Emery is wholly to blame, he picks the team.

That's today. Hopefully the rumours about Zaha signing are true, he is that good.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Rian1 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:45 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:52 pm
When you have little to no option as a CB you're left with that shit prick as your first choice so not totally Unai's fault* but not sure he couldn't do:
ANM - Kos - Mavropanos - Kolasinac at the back.

If you're playing two liabilities like El Neny (who shouldn't even be anywhere near Emirates) and Guendozi (still 20 and will improve) it will never go well. Should've gone with Matteo and Torreira as holdings and Ozil - Laca - Auba in the attack.

From minute 45 we started controlling Palace and they were edgy before Zaha scored. If that went from KO we would've cruised past this Palace side who were good but not good enough to be 3-1 up away.

*- having said that, he still played him at times before Holding so Idk what Unai sees in him, honestly.
I understand what you are saying but the problem with the 'there is no one else' theory is that it makes out that Mustafi is an even semi-competent defender and he isn't. He is embarrasingly bad, to the point that it's beyond embarrasing that either from our youth team or in the January transfer window(even on loan) we couldn't replace him. His entire game is either falling on his ass, or kicking the ball into the stands or the brain dead shit we seen today. When Sanogoals was here, everyone knew it was beyond a joke to be giving him game time but this calamity jane doesn't get the same treatment. He is the modern day Igor Stephanos.