Palace (H) PL 20/04 @ 16:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Palace (H) PL 20/04 @ 16:00

Post by rodders999 »

Anyone remember the draw (actually felt like a loss because they scored late on) away to Palace this season?

Their first goal was a needles penalty given away by, you guessed it, dickhead Mustafi and the equaliser came when they caught us on the break and the dickhead tracked his man 50 yards back the pitch and all I was doing was screaming at dickhead to pull him down,drag him down.

And did he??? Did he fuck. You see this brain dead piece of fucking shit wouldn’t have the intelligence for that. He saves his cluster fucks so he can guarantee a goal to the opposition.

The Germans wrote the fucking handbook on defending but trust us to end up with the big cowardly vulva and the DICKHEAD :banghead:

GTG

Post by GTG »

The team selection today and against Everton tells me hes really prioritising the ropey league as our chance to get CL football and a trophy. I can't see any reason for picking those same idiots mentioned.

Usually you think I get prioritising a trophy etc but when you consider how shit and inconsistent teams are in the league top 4 is there for the taking its fucking madness really

To win it we've had to go thro Napoli Valencia and Chelsea. Whereas we would need to beat palace and Brighton at home and then probably only 1 of 3 away games with Burnley on the last day in the league it just beggars belief to take such an approach and I think the manager needs calling out on it.

Injuries and the fucking crazy sky schedule have contributed but I still think stronger teams should have been played in the league games.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Poor team selection and unsurprisingly a poor result.Emery has to take a large chunk of the blame imo,his starting line up was weak as piss..it was like watching one of our previous managers games yesterday,its happened a few times now.I can't see us getting top4 now I think the chavs will grab their chance as we will drop points at wolves or Leicester ot both.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Despite my optimism we've blown our chances of finishing in the top 4 with this result. We simply haven't the strength in depth to rotate at this critical time of the season. Emery dropped a clanger in the midfield with the two he selected. There are other options but why not start Torreira? If hs fit enough for the bench he should start.
We know what Mustafi is capable of and no surprise that he had a fault in all 3 of their goals. Top 4 is no longer in our hands we have to depend on others dropping points.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Just going to repeat what i've said before, when we look good under UE we are but when we dont we are utter gash, i just dont like his management style. Sorry but even if we win the Europa this season or end up in top four i honestly dont want him taking us forward with his current managerial outlook. His selections at times are woeful and he massively underestimates opponents repeatedly. You cannot expect to seriously challenge in the EPL conceding as many as we do, and getting back into the Chumps league would be yet another lesson in futility. He picks the players that we watch every week and if we can see where the problems lie then so should he.

I actually think i understand UE and what he wants to do but he struggles with pragmatism, he is a manager who likes to out score the opposition but it just wont work with the players and prospective budget we have, with only 50-75M plus sales he is never going to build a squad to seriously challenge where it matters so he needs to be smarter and i'm not convinced he can be.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

We 'bottled' it - wrong team was wearing yellow. Don't Valencia wear yellow as well ??. No quality & no depth in the squad - lucky we're as high as we are. Still never mind - Fursday Cup again next year so we can all get excited - again !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Well Dick was right, Mustafi has been consistent all season.....consistently fucking calamitous!!

Horrible result, borne of the managers team selection and the continued basic fuck ups by defenders. Mavropanos dived in wrong side of their man to give away the free kick for the first goal, that’s schoolboy stuff, a brainless move that no youth team player should ever make. Then we have Mustafi.....nuff said. Zach Medley is much better than him already! :roll:

6th place for us now. Progress? A little. We do have a bit more fight in us but we’re woefully poor at times and this manager, worryingly is identical to Wenger at times, he just doesn’t learn from his mistakes and that means he can’t/won’t improve and that means he is not good enough for a top team. We aren’t a top team anymore and with an owner and manager who appear to be happy with ‘average’, there is little hope of that changing. El Neny is clearly a ringer, he isn’t a premiership player, he’s a joke but Dick keeps giving him game time??? Terrible terrible judgement. I want Dick to succeed but I just wonder if he really has it in him?

augie

Post by augie »

GTG wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:28 pm
The team selection today and against Everton tells me hes really prioritising the ropey league as our chance to get CL football and a trophy. I can't see any reason for picking those same idiots mentioned.

Usually you think I get prioritising a trophy etc but when you consider how shit and inconsistent teams are in the league top 4 is there for the taking its fucking madness really

To win it we've had to go thro Napoli Valencia and Chelsea. Whereas we would need to beat palace and Brighton at home and then probably only 1 of 3 away games with Burnley on the last day in the league it just beggars belief to take such an approach and I think the manager needs calling out on it.

Injuries and the fucking crazy sky schedule have contributed but I still think stronger teams should have been played in the league games.

Personally I think that is letting dick off lightly - imo the team selection yesterday wasn't based on the Europa league at all, but was him trying to be over-smart by holding back key players for the very tough trip to wolves Wednesday night, but in our league you cannot do that. I understand why managers rotate halfway through a long season, but at this stage we have at most 7 games left, and none are more important than the next game regardless of who that opponent might be - looking at a very tough away game v wolves is all well and good, but even if we do pick up a win there Wednesday night, it has already been massively undermined by yesterdays shit result. At the end of the season many of our players will have a few international games, but seriously who gives a flying fcuk about that ? For damn sure the club (inc manager and coaches) shouldn't give a shit if the players are knackered going into those matches after a hectic run-in, so we should flog them as much as possible for the next few weeks to get what we want cos we are the paymasters here and the time to rest these players to look longer term is now gone :evil:
Sort it out dick cos you and those fcukwits are very, very close to throwing away an outstanding chance to finish top 4 AND relaunching a new period of st totteringhams day

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:06 am
GTG wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:28 pm

Personally I think that is letting dick off lightly - imo the team selection yesterday wasn't based on the Europa league at all, but was him trying to be over-smart by holding back key players for the very tough trip to wolves Wednesday night, but in our league you cannot do that. I understand why managers rotate halfway through a long season, but at this stage we have at most 7 games left, and none are more important than the next game regardless of who that opponent might be - looking at a very tough away game v wolves is all well and good, but even if we do pick up a win there Wednesday night, it has already been massively undermined by yesterdays shit result. At the end of the season many of our players will have a few international games, but seriously who gives a flying fcuk about that ? For damn sure the club (inc manager and coaches) shouldn't give a shit if the players are knackered going into those matches after a hectic run-in, so we should flog them as much as possible for the next few weeks to get what we want cos we are the paymasters here and the time to rest these players to look longer term is now gone :evil:
Sort it out dick cos you and those fcukwits are very, very close to throwing away an outstanding chance to finish top 4 AND relaunching a new period of st totteringhams day
Thats exactly what I was thinking yesterday Augie .... even if we now get an unexpected 3 points at Wolves, it only takes us to the points tally we should have reached yesterday and (obviously) would only be the same as beating Palace but losing at Wolves. Yesterday still feels really depressing. A real wasted chance that we probably will regret at the end of the season.

It seems this team just cannot string a run of good performances together and it makes us look fickle. One game we're good and praising the manager and players, the next we're very bad and criticising them all. Yesterday had an air of arrogance and complacency. Something I hoped was behind us but its still very much there.

I still think Emery needs to be given another year at least before we can assess him properly but there has to be a big improvement in squad strength and consistency next season. If this time next year we're still making the same errors on and off the pitch then Emery and everyone else at the club will have failed us.

It shouldnt be forgotten that Arsenal fans are still paying the highest prices. Being charged what we are to watch utter dross like Kolasinac (sp? who gives a fuck!), Iwobi, Elneny, Mustafi etc. is a fucking insult!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nothing really to add to this except Mustafalaugh is on a gash par with Luszhny and Stepanovs. :censored:

Oh and Fat Moss denied us a stonewall penno for handball the fat cùnt. :censored:

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:12 am
Nothing really to add to this except Mustafalaugh is on a gash par with Luszhny and Stepanovs. :censored:

Oh and Fat Moss denied us a stonewall penno for handball the fat cùnt. :censored:
I cant stand that fat cùnt ... and the rotation of referees needs to be looked at too. We had Moss very recently and he was shocking in that game too. Also Anthony Taylor sends off Torreira at Spurs and we get him refereeing us again so soon afterwards that Torreira is still serving the suspension that Taylor was responsible for.

augie

Post by augie »

I think that we are all 100% in agreement that emery fcuked up massively with his team selection and that is where it started to go wrong, but what does it say about the total lack of depth at our club when we cant beat a shit mid-table team like palace ? I wont go back over the same old ground blaming the cock who bought these useless c.unts (and to think that Charlie nick wants him to return as director of football/transfer guru :roll: :cussing: ), and I realise that the absences of bellend, holding and wellshit has hit the depth of the squad, but realistically how can we expect to challenge for big trophies when our back-up players include the likes of mustafi, jenks, helmet-head and the useless egyptian c.unt ? How would any manager tackle the mess we are in when we have so many holes in the first 11 and in the back-ups, and how much money would it take to fix these issues ? It is for this reason that I am seriously fcuked off with dick for using these c.unts at the business end of the season when everything is on the line - for next season he needs as much transfer funds as possible to upgrade and replace the duds in the squad, but to do so means he/we need a really strong end to the season and using these same players now that he wants to replace, undermines the plan to get the funds to do so.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Keown on MOTD rightly calling Mustafi out and say the defensive blunders need to "be sorted out for the important games coming up" These were the important games Martin, the season doesn't go on until October. Ironically, just like City, our destiny was in our own hands, now we have to rely on others slipping up. And are we going to pick up maximum points from our remaining games??? Love to see the odds on that, must be 500/1, if not more.

Brighton, who got thumped 5-0 at home by Bournemouth, then lost 2-0 at home again to Cardiff, went to Wolves on Saturday and got a draw. We'll go there with the attitude that we are at the Etihad and a performance to reflect it :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: .

Emery doesn't seem to know his arse from a hole in the ground at the moment, he doesn't know whether to stick or twist.....he needs to make a decision. Ironically I think we can win the Europa and Dick should do what Mourinho did a few seasons back, sacrifice 4th and throw everything at it. This half and half crap is going to lead us out of the Europa and into 5th in the league. Pick a lane Mr Manager!!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

What the fuck is it with us and defending. If you're an out of form striker you must be praying for the next Arsenal match to come round. Jenks didn't hold the line at the free kick and calamity mustafi hadn't a clue where Benteke was - well and truly fucked.

What pisses me off most about our defending is the continual over complicating of it. Defending isn't about nice football it's about stopping the other team from scoring. Why the fuck if you can get to the ball first and put it into row fucking z would you leave it in the hope that the ball has enough pace on it to reach the keeper or that the keeper might have come out to clear it. Just boot the fucking ball into the stand you useless shower of cu.nts - the opposition can't score from there but we never seem to learn. It's not rocket science and these same bunch of pri.cks have conceded countless unnecessary goals over the years by not taking control of a situation properly or by playing some tippy tappy shit out of defence.

And Dick has got to get his shit together for the run in. You can't play a seriously weakened defence and then stick elniny and Doozy in front of it that is just fucking mental. AMN and Torreira from the off might have seen a very different result. The pen that the fat cu.nt John Moss managed to miss would have helped a bit too. Worried that we are going to end up 5th and losers in the ropey.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Just rewatched their third goal. As the corner is whipped in there is a massive push by Benteke on AM-N. Uses both hands and just shoves him in the chest and pushes him back about 5 yards.