Wolves A Prem Weds 24th April KO 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wengerballs

Re: Wolves A Prem Weds 24th April KO 1945

Post by Wengerballs »

Emery needs to blood some young talent. Hes brought Nketiah on, should bring on Willock. Young, hungry pacey players needed to replace a few aged, complacent, sulky cnuts.

We look like a team with no central midfield. No cajones or pace down the middle, all we do is shift it slowly from side to side.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

As i said, we're shit and the manager isn't helping, he just doesn't understand pragmatism, pretty much every match he sets up to go balls out at the opposition hoping we'll out score them and when it goes wrong he has no answer at times it seems.

Individually most of the players are shite without a doubt but he does not allow for this, Wolves have been good against most of the top 6 this season but he seems have totally ignored this and ignored our really poor away form on top.

If we get something out this match i may take up every religion on the planet......

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

City 2 up :lol: :D :lol: :D

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

get in.

too little too late.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Ozil has been piss poor tonight, world class my arse. :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

How in fuck's name are we still only a point off 4th?

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Wengerballs wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:24 pm
Emery needs to blood some young talent. Hes brought Nketiah on, should bring on Willock. Young, hungry pacey players needed to replace a few aged, complacent, sulky cnuts.

We look like a team with no central midfield. No cajones or pace down the middle, all we do is shift it slowly from side to side.
I agree with this. The veterans are playing like shite or without any fire. These kids, if anything, will give an effort. It certainly is a hell of a lot better than seeing Ozil & Miki prancing around and slowing the play down.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Utter shite..Leicester will podger us up the ringpiece on Sunday aswell :| utter utter shite.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We didn't just lose we were destroyed.

:cry:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Did they say that was the first time wolves have beat us for 40 years, dick is carrying on the legacy of Wenger in breaking records, trying to outdo his predecessor I see :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Yet more evidence of the wafer thin squad. The players are shattered, there's not been the opportunity to rotate sufficiently and now it's all catching up with us. We should have either fucked off out of the Europa League to Bate or Rennes and then focused on the league or put our attentions fully on the Europa League. There isn't the depth or quality to go after the two. As it stands, I reckon we could still win our last three games and finish 4th but I'm still not sure about the Europa League.

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:20 pm
Yet more evidence of the wafer thin squad. The players are shattered, there's not been the opportunity to rotate sufficiently and now it's all catching up with us. We should have either fucked off out of the Europa League to Bate or Rennes and then focused on the league or put our attentions fully on the Europa League. There isn't the depth or quality to go after the two. As it stands, I reckon we could still win our last three games and finish 4th but I'm still not sure about the Europa League.
Who is shattered? Maitland Niles, Kos, Ozil, Miki have fuck all played this season. Torreira had a recent lengthy break, others too. Only Laca and Sokratis have a lot played this season.

Perryashburtongroves

oaodan wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:29 pm
Who is shattered? Maitland Niles, Kos, Ozil, Miki have fuck all played this season. Torreira had a recent lengthy break, others too. Only Laca and Sokratis have a lot played this season.
Fair enough, maybe shattered is the wrong word. They look like they've all hit a wall. Now, whether that's because their eyes are on the Europa League l, I don't know but for the last three weeks in the league, we've looked like we've run out of ideas and can't raise ourselves. We don't have enough competition in the squad to make changes and raise the levels. We have two settings at the moment; brilliant- first half against Napoli or shit- Palace and tonight.

Perryashburtongroves

Arsenal manager Unai Emery told BBC Sport:"We knew before the match that it was going to be difficult because all season Wolverhampton are feeling strong, defensively they are a good team and offensively they have very fast players. Their organisation was very good and to break this was going to be difficult.

"In the first 25 minutes we started very well, controlled the possession but did not have many chances to score.

"We spoke in the dressing room at half-time and we tried to see it as a new match and in the second half we changed our performance and scored a goal. We can be frustrated but the Premier League is about being consistent over 38 matches.

"Today we're disappointed but we need to remember how we were three months ago. We can be optimistic and recover for the top four."

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

One or the other maybe, but definitely not both, and if i'm honest in my heart of hearts i dont think we're currently capable of either, other than the Napoli games where we played well, we've been poor for weeks, Newcastle was our last decent league performance and since then we've run out of steam and ideas.

The problem is for UE he needs 6-8 new players and can maybe at best with sales and funds afford 4 or 5 at the level we need to progress, so either he brings in 1 or 2 and sticks with what we have or he gets rid and buys less than we need.... i dont envy him next season