Wolves A Prem Weds 24th April KO 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Wolves A Prem Weds 24th April KO 1945

Post by sk-gtfo »

Kroenke OUT.

augie

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:38 pm
How in fuck's name are we still only a point off 4th?

This is a fact that is being ignored by almost everyone on here - I didn't see the game tonight (thank god), and there is no doubt that we have been atrocious lately, but the reality is that IF we win at the weekend, AND manure and the chavs draw, then we will be back in the top 4 again :oops: No doubt that is a shocking indictment on the premier league, but it is what it is right now, and we cannot give up on top 4 when it is that close.

Secondly I really dont understand the logic of fans saying not getting into champs league with this squad would be a good thing - do they not realise that without champs league money, we will never be able improve the quality of this shit squad ? Would we be better off not being in it cos we cant win it and might take a few tonkings ? If that is the case would it be better if we dropped out of the premier league cos we aint good enough to win that either ?

Btw lefty, it may well be 40 years since wolves beat us in the league, but how many of those years were they actually in the same division ? If we were to use slanted stats like that, you could ask how many years it has been since we beat wrexham (for example).

None of what I am saying is meant as a defence in any way of our players, manager, club, or recent performances, but right now we should focus on the remaining games, not throw in the towel, and save any autopsies until the seasons end ?

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

We won't achieve either but now I'd rather prioritise what's in our hands which is the UEFA Cup over what isn't (top 4)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

As we plodded off the field at HT and before I started to self harm I got to thinking about what the fuck would be going on in the arsenal dressing room for the next 15 minutes.

Where were the leaders? Would people be angry? Would fingers get pointed? Would it be said in no uncertain terms that a shit show like that was completely unacceptable?

And I just thought that there would be fuck all of that going on and our bottle job bunch of pussies who are beaten before they even get on the bus to an away game would just be fucking sitting there in silence. Leaders?? What fucking leaders.

Limping from one cluster fuck to the next, can’t wit for Sunday :banghead:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Not seen the goals yet but the scoreline says it all. 3-0 down at half time is fucking disgraceful!

Wolves are a good side and have had a good season but the fact most of us expected to lose this game shows where we are as a club.

Amongst many things, Wenger became a fucking coward since we moved to the Emirates and his cowardice has become embedded into the culture of the club. Emert doesnt get a free pass though, he has had long enough to at least ensure we show some fucking pride. What sort of reaction was this to the debacle against Palace? There have been some absolutely shocking performances this season.

And the fact we can still finish 3rd (even though we wont) shows how fucking shit the PL is. the fact that 4 PL teams are in european semi finals also shows shit the standard is everywhere. Sky are talking about City and Liverpool being the best ever because of the run they're both on ... only in a shit league do you get two teams winning week in week out like those two are.

I am so bored with the bullshit! We are years away from challenging again.

As for Xhaka ... wasnt he saying recently about leaving as he wanted to take the next step? I hope that next step is off the edge of a 200ft cliff. I hate that gormless Swiss cunnt!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Clash wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:04 pm
Not seen the goals yet but the scoreline says it all. 3-0 down at half time is fucking disgraceful!

Wolves are a good side and have had a good season but the fact most of us expected to lose this game shows where we are as a club.

Amongst many things, Wenger became a fucking coward since we moved to the Emirates and his cowardice has become embedded into the culture of the club. Emert doesnt get a free pass though, he has had long enough to at least ensure we show some fucking pride. What sort of reaction was this to the debacle against Palace? There have been some absolutely shocking performances this season.

And the fact we can still finish 3rd (even though we wont) shows how fucking shit the PL is. the fact that 4 PL teams are in european semi finals also shows shit the standard is everywhere. Sky are talking about City and Liverpool being the best ever because of the run they're both on ... only in a shit league do you get two teams winning week in week out like those two are.

I am so bored with the bullshit! We are years away from challenging again.

As for Xhaka ... wasnt he saying recently about leaving as he wanted to take the next step? I hope that next step is off the edge of a 200ft cliff. I hate that gormless Swiss cunnt!

No better posters on this place than Clash and he’s pretty much said it all again.

Wenger’s final 10 - 12 years set a horribly toxic rot into our Club, which was allowed to fester and slowly, but surely, cripple it. That he was allowed to continue unabated, with the support of the board and inexcusably, a huge proportion of the moronic fan base, is beyond contempt. I try to take the view that the mad dictator is gone and we should move on, without constantly referencing him, but crap displays like Sunday and again this evening (amongst many others this season), show just how toxic and abysmal his legacy is. As Clash says, it’s not just the pony squad that he left behind, but the cowardly, rotten to the core, culture that he developed throughout the Club.

Even worse, once our greedy, ignoble board sold out to Kroenke, then Wenger became the secondary disease...one that needed curing, but Kroenke was still gonna kill us. That remains the case.

Notwithstanding any of that, I’m far from convinced by Emery. The faith he puts in certain players (Xhaka and Iwobi are outstanding examples....Xhaka wouldn’t look out of place in League 1), plus his all too often, mystifying team selections and rotations, gives me serious cause to question his judgement. It’s still early days and I have to force myself to reserve judgement on him until probably next christmas, but I fear that Seville is his level.

I’ll no doubt be accused of being a secret scum fan, but Pochettino inherited an under-performing squad, that was largely written off and transformed those same players into a highly competitive unit. He did it quickly. Dick really hasn’t done that and most of the time, it’s like watching a Wenger team.

We don’t deserve any better than 5th or 6th and that’s what we’ll get. We’re light years away from competing for big prizes and as long as Kroenke owns the Club, that won’t change. Better get used to it chaps.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Depressing

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash has it spot on ..The media may go into overdrive about the City/ Liverpool title race but where there once was a divide between top four , five or even six and the rest, the divide now ends at the second spot on the table..Put it this way, Spuds ; eleven defeats, Chelsea ; season of discontent, Arsenal; season of mediocrity punctuated by some great results and Man U ; season where two managers have been found out and some horrendous results are vying for two places in the Champions League. Those results and performances ten years ago woumd probably have teams finishing from sixth to tenth. League is bloated by its own self importance and ,as said, four clubs in European semi finals , only confirms the malaise is elsewhere...Looks good that they are all there but , there are no Madrid or Milan teams in there, no Bayern or Juventus. Those clubs don't deserve to be there but that says as much , if not more, about their current state and the levels of their domestic leagues as it does about the teams that are there..

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

One of the scariest parts of last night is that it's not like a line will be drawn in the sand after this result and there will steps be taken to ensure that next season we will be more competitive. The likelihood is that Emery will have fuck all to spend in the summer(relative to our rivals) and even more depressingly, i don't see us doing a big clear out in the summer. For every shit player we have to fuck out, it means finding replacements and when you haven't got money to burn, it means buying from the bargain basement. On top of that , the likes of Miki aren't walking away from 200K a week so how do you possibly get him(or others in that situation)out? The likes of the Palace result and last night's are more crucial than ever as the door was open for us to get top 4, and without that CL money, we are going to keep attracting the Xhaka's and Mustafi's of this world to the club.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:57 pm

This is a fact that is being ignored by almost everyone on here - I didn't see the game tonight (thank god), and there is no doubt that we have been atrocious lately, but the reality is that IF we win at the weekend, AND manure and the chavs draw, then we will be back in the top 4 again :oops: No doubt that is a shocking indictment on the premier league, but it is what it is right now, and we cannot give up on top 4 when it is that close.

Secondly I really dont understand the logic of fans saying not getting into champs league with this squad would be a good thing - do they not realise that without champs league money, we will never be able improve the quality of this shit squad ? Would we be better off not being in it cos we cant win it and might take a few tonkings ? If that is the case would it be better if we dropped out of the premier league cos we aint good enough to win that either ?

Btw lefty, it may well be 40 years since wolves beat us in the league, but how many of those years were they actually in the same division ? If we were to use slanted stats like that, you could ask how many years it has been since we beat wrexham (for example).

None of what I am saying is meant as a defence in any way of our players, manager, club, or recent performances, but right now we should focus on the remaining games, not throw in the towel, and save any autopsies until the seasons end ?
I wouldn't look at our performances as a reflection of the quality in the premier league. City and Pool have dragged the standard back up to make the PL the best league in the world imo. As much as I hate to say this and I am going to have to wash out my mouth with disinfectant, the spuds also have a side that with a few additions could compete for the league.

Then it's us, Manure and Chelski all faltering at various stages of the season but also going on long unbeaten runs. On their day anyone in the top 5 is capable of beating another big team.

Below us, the notable team is Wolves, who are packed with quality from Portugal.

The really fustrating thing is a solid backline and midfield would see us competing again for honours. I just don't know if the owner (well I do really) has the inclination to accept he needs to get his wallet out.

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:

I wouldn't look at our performances as a reflection of the quality in the premier league. City and Pool have dragged the standard back up to make the PL the best league in the world imo. As much as I hate to say this and I am going to have to wash out my mouth with disinfectant, the spuds also have a side that with a few additions could compete for the league.

Then it's us, Manure and Chelski all faltering at various stages of the season but also going on long unbeaten runs. On their day anyone in the top 5 is capable of beating another big team.

Below us, the notable team is Wolves, who are packed with quality from Portugal.

The really frustrating thing is a solid backline and midfield would see us competing again for honours. I just don't know if the owner (well I do really) has the inclination to accept he needs to get his wallet out.

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:

The really frustrating thing is a solid backline and midfield would see us competing again for honours. I just don't know if the owner (well I do really) has the inclination to accept he needs to get his wallet out.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:17 am
I wonder how this will go after yesterday's horror show :rubchin: I wonder what team Emery will pick?? If he plays that German helmet/fannyfart Mystify we are in the shit..equally so if he plays Elnanny.
3-1 wolves.
Ps they are shite...we are shite....game will no doubt be a huge pile of smelly shite..... :barscarf:
3-1 wolves said me..We were lucky it was only 3-1 useless fuckers.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:

reading through this thread this post stands out as the best.

1. as bad as we are we actually only need a point on Sunday at Leicester (if United beat Chelsea) and we are back in the top 4 and it is back in our hands again.
2. augie hits the nail on the head - getting in the top 4 is NOT about being in the Champions League - it is about getting some much needed extra money for Emery to overhaul the squad. Without it this just won't happen and unfortunately we are not just going to stand still, we are going to go into decline.
3. I have been positive on here going into matches because it is absolutely vital that we finish in the Champions League for next season. 3 games to go - this club can still do it. I remain confident

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

United put up an absolutely abysmal display against Everton and last night, despite the massive gulf in class, the didn't just roll over, but gave City a game of sorts.

Not us though, it's like Palace were the 1st half & Wolves was the 2nd. Terrible, spineless team, no depth, no guts, no fighting spirit whatsoever.

Emery does not have the squad to compete on 2 fronts, he barely has a squad to compete in one. It's a little late but he really does need to pick a lane....Europa or bust.