Arsenal player of the season.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Arsenal player of the season.

Leno
16%
Sokratis
32%
Torreira
14%
Ramsey
11%
Lacazette
19%
Aubameyang
3%
Iwobble
5%

Total votes: 37

DB10GOONER

Re: Arsenal player of the season.

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:46 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:50 am
TeeCee wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:54 am
No-one! They should scrap it this season because all of them are pussies.....soft, scared, pampered pussies who deserve fuck all. Any award should go to the fans who still don’t give up hope!! :?
Very true

Like many I have been pleased with the new guys Leno, Sokratis and Torreira.

But the APOTS is still up for grabs as far as I'm concerned. Anybody that shows the balls to get us over the line for top 4 or a win in the ropey cup can have the award as far as I'm concerned......even Iwobi :lol:

Just imagine, the Ropey cup, last minute against the Chavs and old bobble head knocks in the winner using his left arse cheek :lol: That would be his very own 'oops a daisy Martin Hayesy moment - Middlesbrough 89 :barscarf:
More likely he'd arse cheek it into his own net. :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:54 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:46 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:50 am
TeeCee wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:54 am
No-one! They should scrap it this season because all of them are pussies.....soft, scared, pampered pussies who deserve fuck all. Any award should go to the fans who still don’t give up hope!! :?
Very true

Like many I have been pleased with the new guys Leno, Sokratis and Torreira.

But the APOTS is still up for grabs as far as I'm concerned. Anybody that shows the balls to get us over the line for top 4 or a win in the ropey cup can have the award as far as I'm concerned......even Iwobi :lol:

Just imagine, the Ropey cup, last minute against the Chavs and old bobble head knocks in the winner using his left arse cheek :lol: That would be his very own 'oops a daisy Martin Hayesy moment - Middlesbrough 89 :barscarf:
More likely he'd arse cheek it into his own net. :roll:
What Iwobi back in his own box defending.....there's only 90 minutes in a match, he'd never get back in time :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

the player of the year award should be cancelled. they're all shite.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Probably Leno for me. Bit flappy at times first half of the season, but is routinely making excellent saves, is better than any other keeper on the planet with ball at feet and has become more confident, braver and commanding as the season has gone on. £25m is peanuts for a keeper his age, but he has put the 'world class' keepers Lloris and de Gea to shame, and looked a much better bet than Chelsea's arrogant little prick at a third of the price.

I like Sokratis and he has stood out as our best defender. Pretty average though if we're being honest, but I do like his personality. He has also had Harry Kane in his pocket this season like no other defender, in both league games.

Aubameyang has the habit of playing pretty poorly and scoring goals. I'd like him to score a few more and to play a bit better, but anybody getting around the 20 PL goals mark in this side is a precious commodity. Lacazette has also looked a completely different player to last season and his workrate is a real credit - not a top player but a good option to have.

Torreira was really impressive until December, he has really dropped off since then. I think the guy struggles with fitness; hence his slow introduction into the team and drop-off in form. Seriously needs to get in shape this summer. Ramsey has always been frustrating but also a big game player - in amongst his injuries he has turned up in just about every big game and had comfortably his best season other than 13/14.

Everybody else has been garbage. Complete shit.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

And the award goes to

Gunnersuarus

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Leno gets my vote

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:14 pm
Probably Leno for me. Bit flappy at times first half of the season, but is routinely making excellent saves, is better than any other keeper on the planet with ball at feet and has become more confident, braver and commanding as the season has gone on. £25m is peanuts for a keeper his age, but he has put the 'world class' keepers Lloris and de Gea to shame, and looked a much better bet than Chelsea's arrogant little prick at a third of the price.

I like Sokratis and he has stood out as our best defender. Pretty average though if we're being honest, but I do like his personality. He has also had Harry Kane in his pocket this season like no other defender, in both league games.

Aubameyang has the habit of playing pretty poorly and scoring goals. I'd like him to score a few more and to play a bit better, but anybody getting around the 20 PL goals mark in this side is a precious commodity. Lacazette has also looked a completely different player to last season and his workrate is a real credit - not a top player but a good option to have.

Torreira was really impressive until December, he has really dropped off since then. I think the guy struggles with fitness; hence his slow introduction into the team and drop-off in form. Seriously needs to get in shape this summer. Ramsey has always been frustrating but also a big game player - in amongst his injuries he has turned up in just about every big game and had comfortably his best season other than 13/14.

Everybody else has been garbage. Complete shit.
good post mate

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

https://www.arsenal.com/news/201819-pla ... -lacazette

.com winner was Lacazette with 35% of votes