Leicester City|Away|PL|Sunday 28th April|12pm KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Leicester City|Away|PL|Sunday 28th April|12pm KO

Post by Retro Gunner »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:28 pm
Forget for one minute the players Emery inherited and even those he may or may not have had a hand in signing!
Instead focus solely on Emery’s performance as a manager, what has he changed for the better? Is there a strategy going forward and has there been any evidence of this in either our playing style or his tactics in games?
The answers to these basic questions are negative!
People comparing Emery to Klopp are missing the point completely, because from day 1 you could see what Klopp was trying to do, ie turn the Victims into an attacking if somewhat cavalier team.
I have no idea what Emery’s plan is and I doubt he has either!
I said very early in his tenure that he looked way out of his depth in the week in week out competitive nature of the plge.
So blame everyone but the man in charge but if you honestly believe that, then this cliwn could still be here in 3 or 4 seasons, making the same blunders week after week.
We got this appointment wrong and should cut our losses asap!

Hard to argue with this imo. I said the same thing in the post above, that after a full season, we ought to be able to see a direction and hopefully a progression. The points total doesn't convince me, when we are seeing the type of performances we're witnessing at the business end of the season. Both Klopp and Pochettino had faster and bigger impacts with the players they inherited, so while we all know the squad is crap, it's not unreasonable to expect the basic failings we spent years moaning about, to improve.

I certainly don't expect, after Emery has had a full season in charge, to be watching performances that come straight out of the mad Frenchman's portfolio. Jury very much out for me.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:11 pm
goonersid wrote:
Forget for one minute the players Emery inherited and even those he may or may not have had a hand in signing!
Instead focus solely on Emery’s performance as a manager, what has he changed for the better? Is there a strategy going forward and has there been any evidence of this in either our playing style or his tactics in games?
People comparing Emery to Klopp are missing the point completely, because from day 1 you could see what Klopp was trying to do, ie turn the Victims into an attacking if somewhat cavalier team.
I said very early in his tenure that he looked way out of his depth in the week in week out competitive nature of the plge.
So blame everyone but the man in charge but if you honestly believe that, then this cliwn could still be here in 3 or 4 seasons, making the same blunders week after week.
Unfortunately I don't think it's going to be that easy. Any decent manager would immediately want to rebuild....surely he would enquire as to what his "war chest" would be before he signed up?? Nobody half decent is going to come to us if he has to try mold this rag tag outfit into a competitive unit.......especially if he knows he is not getting any money.

Pep, Mourinho, Klopp, Solksjaer, ......... all of them were given or will be given transfer funds. Not us though....Emery, or that level of manager is all Kroenke/ AFC, with it's current tight fistedness, will attract :( :( :(

Agreed with Sid's post, but have to agree with this too. Nothing will change as long as the Kroenke's own the Club. It was evident while Wenger was here, that while he was the nasty symptom that need treating, Kroenke became the terminal disease as soon as he bought the majority share. He's now got the lot. :( :(

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:37 pm
xisstential wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:11 pm
goonersid wrote:
Unfortunately I don't think it's going to be that easy. Any decent manager would immediately want to rebuild....surely he would enquire as to what his "war chest" would be before he signed up?? Nobody half decent is going to come to us if he has to try mold this rag tag outfit into a competitive unit.......especially if he knows he is not getting any money.

Pep, Mourinho, Klopp, Solksjaer, ......... all of them were given or will be given transfer funds. Not us though....Emery, or that level of manager is all Kroenke/ AFC, with it's current tight fistedness, will attract :( :( :(

Agreed with Sid's post, but have to agree with this too. Nothing will change as long as the Kroenke's own the Club. It was evident while Wenger was here, that while he was the nasty symptom that need treating, Kroenke became the terminal disease as soon as he bought the majority share. He's now got the lot. :( :(
And hes very much here to stay....unfortunately

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:06 pm
Why aren't the fans raging at him though?, if Liverpool were in our position they would not accept this sh!t, a lot of the Arsenal fan base have a weak mentality and just let vile scum like Kroenke walk over them.

I keep hearing people moaning about how Wenger squandered all our money on average players, totally missing the point AGAIN!, yes he did, but how was he allowed to do that?, because the wiggy c*nt allowed him to, every man, woman and their pet dog knew Wenger was past it at the latest 2 years before wiggy, many well before that, he allowed Wenger to waste the money, he should put his hand in his pocket and admit his mistake, but will he?, will he f*ck.

We will now all have to suffer even harsher austerity than in the early Emirates years because the utter sh!te that runs the club got it wrong and backed Wenger for far too long, I would rather saw off my testicles with a blunt saw than give a penny to that poisonous American profiteer.

If our fan base had any testicles of their own they would hound the wiggy one out the door, not going to happen though is it?, best to just ignore football as much as you can because the future looks pretty bleak.

:banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:54 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Why aren't the fans raging at him though?, if Liverpool were in our position they would not accept this sh!t, a lot of the Arsenal fan base have a weak mentality and just let vile scum like Kroenke walk over them.

I keep hearing people moaning about how Wenger squandered all our money on average players, totally missing the point AGAIN!, yes he did, but how was he allowed to do that?, because the wiggy c*nt allowed him to, every man, woman and their pet dog knew Wenger was past it at the latest 2 years before wiggy, many well before that, he allowed Wenger to waste the money, he should put his hand in his pocket and admit his mistake, but will he?, will he f*ck.

We will now all have to suffer even harsher austerity than in the early Emirates years because the utter sh!te that runs the club got it wrong and backed Wenger for far too long, I would rather saw off my testicles with a blunt saw than give a penny to that poisonous American profiteer.

If our fan base had any testicles of their own they would hound the wiggy one out the door, not going to happen though is it?, best to just ignore football as much as you can because the future looks pretty bleak.

Has he even been to a game this season?
Isolated in his ranch in California or wherever it is......he strikes me as the type who would actually relish some revolt against him....
Already stated he is not interested in winning titles, he said just want it to add to his sporting portfolio as something for his sons to inherit
When those barstads on the board let him in was a very dark day for the Arsenal FC

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:20 pm
Has he even been to a game this season?
Isolated in his ranch in California or wherever it is......he strikes me as the type who would actually relish some revolt against him....
Already stated he is not interested in winning titles, he said just want it to add to his sporting portfolio as something for his sons to inherit
When those barstads on the board let him in was a very dark day for the Arsenal FC
Pretty sure he hasn't, I think his son might have been to a few though.

You're right all we are is an investment, we are being used as collateral for the LA Rams project, the minute he got control was effectively doomsday for Arsenal FC, best thing to do is just not take football so seriously, don't waste money on games and just think of better things to do, getting upset because we have lost again is pointless these days, it will happen all the time unless by some miracle we get rid of the wiggy parasite.

Modern football can go f*ck itself.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

I would argue that protesting against Wenger was alot easier as fans knew he would be physically in front of them every week in the dug out. Kroenke couldn't give 2 fucks what anyone thinks of him and chills with his feet up at the ranch while we are playing. I doubt he even knows when we are playing or what the result of a given match is. He is the definition of an absent owner and will laugh off any dissent against him. I follow the NFL and he didn't give a fuck about relocating the Rams from St. Louis to LA so why would he care about fans anger, thousands of miles away? The only chance we have is someone bids a crazy amount to purchase the club from him.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:33 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

I would argue that protesting against Wenger was alot easier as fans knew he would be physically in front of them every week in the dug out. Kroenke couldn't give 2 fucks what anyone thinks of him and chills with his feet up at the ranch while we are playing. I doubt he even knows when we are playing or what the result of a given match is. He is the definition of an absent owner and will laugh off any dissent against him. I follow the NFL and he didn't give a fuck about relocating the Rams from St. Louis to LA so why would he care about fans anger, thousands of miles away? The only chance we have is someone bids a crazy amount to purchase the club from him.

100% on the ball there BFG4 - the man has no loyalty whatsoever and royally led the st loius community up the proverbial garden path before relocating the club/franchise without a care in the world. This man is all about money and profits, and nothing about emotion - I suppose one could suggest that he married into the Walmart family based on future earnings over any kind of emotion, but I'm sure he will say that he loves her and the best sex he ever had :roll:

The thing about the protests is that it is a whole lot easier to protest against a club employee, than it is to protest against the guy who owns the club, simply cos there is a much higher chance of succeeding with those protests. What will it take to get rid of wiggy ? Billions of pounds is the answer to that, and unless some of you are sitting on a massive fortune, we wont get him out. The thing that I cannot understand is how foreign investors dont see us as a worthwhile target - only last week there was a story about another gazillionaire deciding not to pursue his plan to buy manure, and I'm thinking that buying us would surely be cheaper and more realistic ? One of the biggest and most cosmopolitan cities in the world, a club with a brand new stadium, a club on a slight decline (but getting bigger) due to lack of investment, a club with a rich history and with massive potential to reach heights never achieved before (I'm thinking champions league here), so why dont investors like him target our club ? Do people believe that kroenke will sell if the offer is high enough, or do we believe that our club is simply not for sale ?

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

goonersid wrote:
Probably the big worry is those defending ue can't point to any improvements. It's more just give him time. 9 months is fucking time. Feel for sk at the moment might as well kept the other *word censored* and saved himself 10m

augie

Post by augie »

augie wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:02 am
BFG4 wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

100% on the ball there BFG4 - the man has no loyalty whatsoever and royally led the st loius community up the proverbial garden path before relocating the club/franchise without a care in the world. This man is all about money and profits, and nothing about emotion - I suppose one could suggest that he married into the Walmart family based on future earnings over any kind of emotion, but I'm sure he will say that he loves her and the best sex he ever had :roll:

The thing about the protests is that it is a whole lot easier to protest against a club employee, than it is to protest against the guy who owns the club, simply cos there is a much higher chance of succeeding with those protests. What will it take to get rid of wiggy ? Billions of pounds is the answer to that, and unless some of you are sitting on a massive fortune, we wont get him out. The thing that I cannot understand is how foreign investors dont see us as a worthwhile target - only last week there was a story about another gazillionaire deciding not to pursue his plan to buy manure, and I'm thinking that buying us would surely be cheaper and more realistic ? One of the biggest and most cosmopolitan cities in the world, a club with a brand new stadium, a club on a slight decline (but getting bigger) due to lack of investment, a club with a rich history and with massive potential to reach heights never achieved before (I'm thinking champions league here), so why dont investors like him target our club ? Do people believe that kroenke will sell if the offer is high enough, or do we believe that our club is simply not for sale ?

This is one of the articles that I was referring to re the potential of a future buyout

https://talksport.com/football/534687/m ... n-glazers/

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Midz wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:31 pm
Ernie71 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:29 pm
This is Jurgen Klopp's first squad at Liverpool . 3 and a half years ago away to Spurs .They finished 8th behind West Ham in his first season. Only Milner and Lallana are still there. Klopp was given time and money to rebuild. Rebuilding the mess Wenger left us in will take a lot of money and time.The Liverpool board and fans backed Klopp. I remember most Arsenal fans said when Emery took over that it was never going to be a quick fix now some of those same fans are calling for Emery's head.If thats the case we will have a new manager every year

Liverpool’s starting XI v Spurs: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Leiva, Can, Milner, Lallana (replaced by Allen), Coutinho (replaced by Ibe), Origi
Subs: Toure, Allen, Ibe, Bogdan, Sinclair, Vilaca Teixeira, Randall
That's very interesting and well done to Liverpool. Their board has backed Klopp and spent the money to buy a half decent squad.

the Arsenal board and owner are unfortunately a very different animal and will in no way give Emery the funds to buy quality players like Allison and van Dyke. Kroenke is just a plain money grabbing *word censored*, and the rest of the board are complete tossers.

Whilst it is right that Klopp has been given time, the board hasn't given him any money above what the got from player transfer, the £120m and £90m they got from Barcelona for coutinho and suarez respectively was re-invested in purchasing several players. The board spent the money on upgrading the stadium and part funding regeneration of the area around Anfield.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

BFG4 wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

That's it in a nutshell.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Although I agree to some extent that he wont care about protests, if people boycott he will have to care, I don't buy the argument about 'tourists' filling the ground, this may have been possible 5+ years ago when we were still remembered as the invincibles, playing in Europe's top competition and had the memories of Henry, Vieira etc. but nowadays?, we are old hat and becoming irrelevant, we have one 'star' player who is probably on his way out mainly due to cost cutting, playing in the Thursday night tin cup and losing heavily to mid table clubs..

If genuine fans stay away I doubt more than 10k would enter the ground for most games, it's not going to happen though, most fans are too stubborn and would rather keep going even though deep down they must know the slop of sh!t they will be served up, but by doing this they are just encouraging Kroenke, I know this upsets people but the truth is not always palatable to those who don't want to hear it.

Lets hope the Saudi's are coming... :roll: