The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

DB10GOONER

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:59 am
Thread is now locked
:banghead: :box: :censored:

Ffs this shit thread had laid here dead for 2 weeks and you went and revived the bastard. :censored:

You are the equivalent of someone walking into Piers Morgan's office, finding him lying there not breathing, blue in the face, and you fucking start CPR !! :censored:

:D :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:02 am
I loved the fact that May got an extension and then promptly went on Holiday !
Watch the space for the final stich up !
I can honestly say I have never hated politicians more than I do today !
as long as she stays on holiday then I think she is doing a great job!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:16 am
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:59 am
Thread is now locked
:banghead: :box: :censored:

Ffs this shit thread had laid here dead for 2 weeks and you went and revived the bastard. :censored:

You are the equivalent of someone walking into Piers Morgan's office, finding him lying there not breathing, blue in the face, and you fucking start CPR !! :censored:

:D :wink:
Just doing my bit for democracy :D

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

So remainers voted liberal and green the greatest gainers whereas leavers had nowhere to go and consequently either ignored the vote or spoiled their papers.
Leavers have set themselves up for the Euro elections but their protest will not be heard because May and Corbyn will stitch up a deal includung a customs union that will keep us tied in , she will get her deal through which is not Brexit in any form and she will wander off to the wilderness and leave someone else to tidy the mess.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:21 am
So remainers voted liberal and green the greatest gainers whereas leavers had nowhere to go and consequently either ignored the vote or spoiled their papers.
Leavers have set themselves up for the Euro elections but their protest will not be heard because May and Corbyn will stitch up a deal includung a customs union that will keep us tied in , she will get her deal through which is not Brexit in any form and she will wander off to the wilderness and leave someone else to tidy the mess.
Not sure if Corbyn will agree to anything in time to prevent the euro elections. He will be busy working out the potential damage to the tories against the damage that the north will inflict on his own mob. The man just wants to engineer a GE in any way he can and brexit is just a possible means to an end to get one. I think he will see doing a deal as a missed opportunity to really put the squeeze on.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the government is not interested in doing a deal and certainly won't allow a no deal.

no real protests from Brexiteers so might as well keep things as they are.
next time to get an extension is Halloween I think.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

no real protests from Brexiteers .

Most had no-one to vote for , my local council has 1 Liberal , 1 Labour , 1 Conservative and 1 Independant who jumped ship from Conservative over an expenses scandal . This was the case throughout most of my area which voted heavily to leave but now because of no suitable alternative ended up with a Liberal council .
The council elections came too quickly for Brexit or Change to organise themselves . Remainers jumped into the Liberal vote whereas leavers had only Hobson's choice . Come the revolution things will be different and the political parties know it and that's why they will move heaven and earth to make sure that the European elections are not contested in the U.K.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:11 am
no real protests from Brexiteers .

Most had no-one to vote for , my local council has 1 Liberal , 1 Labour , 1 Conservative and 1 Independant who jumped ship from Conservative over an expenses scandal . This was the case throughout most of my area which voted heavily to leave but now because of no suitable alternative ended up with a Liberal council .
The council elections came too quickly for Brexit or Change to organise themselves . Remainers jumped into the Liberal vote whereas leavers had only Hobson's choice . Come the revolution things will be different and the political parties know it and that's why they will move heaven and earth to make sure that the European elections are not contested in the U.K.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Come the revolution

Turn of phrase not a prediction.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

The EU elections, what a total waste of millions of pounds. Surely all candidates should agree not to stand, roll the current members terms of office onto October or sooner and save the millions for the vast numbers of things this country needs. Could even be called the EU non election fund .

The fact that this hasnt even begun to have been discussed shows how much these feckers care for our country. Self serving :censored: :censored:

If we dont leave then have the elections in October (Unless a revolutions happened before of course)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Theoperator wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:34 am
The EU elections, what a total waste of millions of pounds. Surely all candidates should agree not to stand, roll the current members terms of office onto October or sooner and save the millions for the vast numbers of things this country needs. Could even be called the EU non election fund .

The fact that this hasnt even begun to have been discussed shows how much these feckers care for our country. Self serving :censored: :censored:

If we dont leave then have the elections in October (Unless a revolutions happened before of course)
what about the millions that have been spent on Brexit already, not to mention the millions the country LOSES EVERY DAY because of it!

Herd

Post by Herd »

we are not leaving the eu so it makes sense we go for eu elections

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

"" not to mention the millions the country LOSES EVERY DAY because of it! ""

Yes terrible all this money wasted. It could be argued though that.

Over the last six years the UK’s cumulative deficit with the EU has been £190 billion; in the same period the UK surplus with the rest of the world has been £21 billion.

Since 1973 the cumulative deficit with the EU is £420 billion.
The UK’s trade with non European countries is more than 60% of its whole trade.
This figure includes a correction for the ‘The Rotterdam-Amsterdam Effect’, which normally includes UK exports to the rest of the world as if they were exported to the Europe, because they go by sea via Rotterdam or Amsterdam.
A great distortion neatly overlooked by Europhiles
Only 13% of the UK’s GDP depends on exports to the Europe but 100% of our GDP is subject to EU rules.
EU rules and laws have cost the UK £250 billion since 1998.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:03 am
"" not to mention the millions the country LOSES EVERY DAY because of it! ""

Yes terrible all this money wasted. It could be argued though that.

Over the last six years the UK’s cumulative deficit with the EU has been £190 billion; in the same period the UK surplus with the rest of the world has been £21 billion.

Since 1973 the cumulative deficit with the EU is £420 billion.
The UK’s trade with non European countries is more than 60% of its whole trade.
This figure includes a correction for the ‘The Rotterdam-Amsterdam Effect’, which normally includes UK exports to the rest of the world as if they were exported to the Europe, because they go by sea via Rotterdam or Amsterdam.
A great distortion neatly overlooked by Europhiles
Only 13% of the UK’s GDP depends on exports to the Europe but 100% of our GDP is subject to EU rules.
EU rules and laws have cost the UK £250 billion since 1998.
well of course it costs money to be in the EU, but what of course you fail to point out is the advantages of being in the EU, many of which are financial.

it costs money to be an Arsenal member, but I then had the advantage of being able to buy a ticket for the Europa League semi final last week which non members didn't have.

the world is not going back to the 1960s whether you like it or not I'm afraid.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

And the advantages are ?