Brighton (H) PL 05/05 @ 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Brighton (H) PL 05/05 @ 16:30

Post by augie »

Btw I am sorry but all this bollox about ramsey tearing up and getting all emotional...….. please fcuking fcuk off :roll:

I commended his attitude and work-rate over the last few months even though his "transfer" was announced, and there is no doubt that we missed him in recent games, but lets be honest here and acknowledge that he is not being forced out the door and is leaving the club by choice, so fcuk off with this tears b.ullshit. Unlike some, I don't just focus on the past 5 months and I recognise the years of woefully inconsistent play and frequent injuries, and yet you still believed that you were worthy of demanding a contract that far exceeded your contribution to that point. If I was a cynic I would suggest that your play in the past few months was a bid to impress your new employers and fans, but obviously I am not a cynic :wink:

I wish you luck and success in the future rambo, but please spare me the false emotion crap

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SPARKSY wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:13 am
TeeCee wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:48 am
Surely ST sales can’t be going that well? The future looks very bleak and judging by the swathes of empty seats at most home matches this season, people can’t be arsed? Arsenal could easily end up 8th or 9th next season. Our defence is relegation standard, our midfield is mid-table standard and our strikers are maybe top 4/6 standard. The fact is we need at least 6 new players of very good quality, that’s about £250m in today’s market. If Dick buys £20m players, we’ll be getting ElNeny/Xhaka quality (or lack of). So I can only see it getting worse unless the impossible happens, Stan putting his hand in his pocket, and that won’t happen. I think things are going to get a lot worse yet!! :?
Agree completely. I worry about where we are going as a club. Young energetic teams like Wolves, Leicester and even Everton could be a big problem for us next year.
We look old and tired and as we know, full of players who wouldn't get in those 3 teams even.
Are we becoming a Spurs before Poch or a Villa or City before the money?
Maybe there is a plan and it will come to light over the summer but I won't hold my breath.
I do think the young players will be involved heavily next season, Nketiah, Willock. Smith-Rowe and Nelson. Many will be shipped out and new faces in.
I'm sure a DOF will also come in. Edu? So all hope is not lost just yet.
We are going backwards and that will continue under KSE, we are becoming like Villa/Everton/Spurs (of 10 years ago), big clubs but not relevant in the present, sleeping giants without much hope of things improving.

Our fan base should be turning up at the Emirates with pitchforks and burning effigies of Stan Kroenke outside the ground but on the whole they are far too compliant to give a sh*t and the corporation (not club!) would just shut it down anyway.

In the end I look at it like this - Stan treats us like customers, nothing more nothing less, well fine, as a customer your product is stale, over-priced and out of touch, so I will pass on it, good luck selling it to dopey tourists!.

Treat people as they treat yourself...

:censored:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Ramsey had his faults, of course he did but he was a talented player who just never knew when to stop the Hollywood flicks. Incredible box to box energy. Maybe Wenger never used him in the right position, often stuffed out on the wing just to accommodate him and yeah prone to injury. If Wenger hadn’t been off his trolley when paying Ozil stupid money then Ramsey would have signed up again. If the figures banded around are true and he was offered significantly less than Ozil then what would we all of done in his position? Modern footballer I’m afraid. I’d rather have kept him but not at that level of pay.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:15 am
Btw I am sorry but all this bollox about ramsey tearing up and getting all emotional...….. please fcuking fcuk off :roll:

I commended his attitude and work-rate over the last few months even though his "transfer" was announced, and there is no doubt that we missed him in recent games, but lets be honest here and acknowledge that he is not being forced out the door and is leaving the club by choice, so fcuk off with this tears b.ullshit. Unlike some, I don't just focus on the past 5 months and I recognise the years of woefully inconsistent play and frequent injuries, and yet you still believed that you were worthy of demanding a contract that far exceeded your contribution to that point. If I was a cynic I would suggest that your play in the past few months was a bid to impress your new employers and fans, but obviously I am not a cynic :wink:

I wish you luck and success in the future rambo, but please spare me the false emotion crap
100% agree mate - for years the bloke was part of our snowflake culture and soft centre. The FA Cup Final goals which of course will always be remembered for all the right reasons, masked at least 8 years where the bloke wasn't up to the required standard

As for honouring Cech - Jesus wept, I would have thrown up if I'd been there for that. Fucking useless Chav c.unt - are we seriously going to play him in the final if we get there? If we do that out of sentiment, it will count as a massive black mark against Dick for me

augie

Post by augie »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:54 am
Ramsey had his faults, of course he did but he was a talented player who just never knew when to stop the Hollywood flicks. Incredible box to box energy. Maybe Wenger never used him in the right position, often stuffed out on the wing just to accommodate him and yeah prone to injury. If Wenger hadn’t been off his trolley when paying Ozil stupid money then Ramsey would have signed up again. If the figures banded around are true and he was offered significantly less than Ozil then what would we all of done in his position? Modern footballer I’m afraid. I’d rather have kept him but not at that level of pay.

Stuffed out to the wing cos he couldn't be trusted and/or hadn't the right skills needed to play in a midfield 2, and the French cock had no idea on how to coach that into him. To be fair to dick he did seem to be able to set up a team with ramsey in a midfield 2, which allowed him to play well as part of the team instead of just an individual

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Stay after the game to applaud that......fuck right off.

Rambo crying tears of relief to get the fuck away from this debacle of a club.

The first part of the prophecy has come to pass - 5th to the chavs (although maybe the spuds now or even 6th to manure ffs).

Part two - losing the ropey final to the chavs is still on although I wouldn't put it past us to bottle it on Thursday so we will see.

Dick still gets season two imo but he needs to show pretty damn quick that he can motivate this shower otherwise his contract break may well need to be enforced. Most of us could have got us to the top six this year without too much bother.

Unless a miracle happens before next season then I would agree that we can look forward to upper mid table mediocrity as we slowly run out of money with no investment from the wiggy cu.nt. In the absence of anyone launching a successful anti wiggy demo - good luck with worrying an absent billionaire owner - then the gradual devaluing of the club may be the way to get the parasite to fuck off. Another year without CL money is going to piss him off for starters as the income streams that first caught his greedy eye steadily decline.

Wiggy does seem to be concerned by the PR side of things as we saw with last seasons empty seats episode so that may be the only way to grind him down. Increasing numbers of empty seats whether paid for or not and hopefully corporate reluctance to pay serious money for executive boxes will hopefully become the norm. That coupled with the ensuing press attention might just make him question what's the point. It's not going to happen overnight and it's going to be painful but short of somebody with too much money and no brains who loves the Arsenal making wiggy an offer he can't refuse, well that's where we're at.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 11:55 am

The first part of the prophecy has come to pass - 5th to the chavs (although maybe the spuds now or even 6th to manure ffs).

Part two - losing the ropey final to the chavs is still on although I wouldn't put it past us to bottle it on Thursday so we will see.

Dick still gets season two imo but he needs to show pretty damn quick that he can motivate this shower otherwise his contract break may well need to be enforced. Most of us could have got us to the top six this year without too much bother.

Unless a miracle happens before next season then I would agree that we can look forward to upper mid table mediocrity as we slowly run out of money with no investment from the wiggy cu.nt. In the absence of anyone launching a successful anti wiggy demo - good luck with worrying an absent billionaire owner - then the gradual devaluing of the club may be the way to get the parasite to fuck off. Another year without CL money is going to piss him off for starters as the income streams that first caught his greedy eye steadily decline.

Wiggy does seem to be concerned by the PR side of things as we saw with last seasons empty seats episode so that may be the only way to grind him down. Increasing numbers of empty seats whether paid for or not and hopefully corporate reluctance to pay serious money for executive boxes will hopefully become the norm. That coupled with the ensuing press attention might just make him question what's the point. It's not going to happen overnight and it's going to be painful but short of somebody with too much money and no brains who loves the Arsenal making wiggy an offer he can't refuse, well that's where we're at.
Amen to this. The only reason I stayed back was because of Ramsey and that's because I saw him from day one to his last day as an Arsenal player and it was with heavy heart to see him go. Thankful to him for his contribution but also happy that he's moving to bigger and better things + playing with CR7 and CL football whilst on 400k.

As much as it pains me to say and maybe a few can agree is that EL football and empty seats is the only way to get that old prick out of the club. If my club devaluing as a result of EL, less corporate attraction, shit results and empty seats means the cúnt sells the team I'm happy to take the knock for a few seasons. We've been painfully shit for almost 6-7 anyway so what's a few more going to do to us.

it's a hard ask to give up on ST/CL tickets but if a lot more Silver and Red do the empty seats thing, he'll quickly notice.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Rian1 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:41 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

Amen to this. The only reason I stayed back was because of Ramsey and that's because I saw him from day one to his last day as an Arsenal player and it was with heavy heart to see him go. Thankful to him for his contribution but also happy that he's moving to bigger and better things + playing with CR7 and CL football whilst on 400k.

As much as it pains me to say and maybe a few can agree is that EL football and empty seats is the only way to get that old prick out of the club. If my club devaluing as a result of EL, less corporate attraction, shit results and empty seats means the cúnt sells the team I'm happy to take the knock for a few seasons. We've been painfully shit for almost 6-7 anyway so what's a few more going to do to us.

it's a hard ask to give up on ST/CL tickets but if a lot more Silver and Red do the empty seats thing, he'll quickly notice.
Agree with all these points, funny isn't it, its actually more interesting speculating about the future finances etc. than anything football-wise, because we are dull as f*ck, repeat the same sh*t over and over again and have no chance of winning the serious trophies anyway, the football really is becoming irrelevant.

I said a while back that it might be good if we get really sh*t, as crazy as it sounds it might be the only way to shift wiggy, he was happy as Larry when SFB was getting him 4th place every season, the tourists still saw us as a 'big' club and turned up and profits were coming in, now we're losing money, the tourists will soon dwindle away (maybe go to Spuds!) and we'll continue to struggle for profit outside of the CL places.

I am somewhat bemused that the club are continuing with the highly embarrassing corporate named 'operation Saturn' (LOL), how cring worthy is that?, adding 780 more club level seats, this summer I believe, can they honestly fill these up?, I suppose if they're cheap enough, just shows where our priorities lie though.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:15 am

Agree with this. I’ll admit to being biased, because I’ve never rated the bloke. He had a good 3 months a few years back and has managed to look preferable to most of the dross we currently have posing as footballers in our midfield. The parlous state of the Club dulls the senses and makes too many people look back on Ramsey’s career with heavily rose tinted glasses.

His distribution was always piss poor, he rarely tackled and his positional sense defensively was non existent. Everyone runs away with the idea that he was a goal threat....wrong. Just looked at his record. In the last 8 seasons (I discounted the first three out of fairness, because he was a kid and then had the leg break), he’s scored 36 league goals. That’s an average of 4.5 league goals per season and that’s a poor return for a centre mid that doesn’t defend and is best used as a virtual number 10 (which Dick has done).

Someone said he’s been unlucky to be in a poor side....well, he’s a big part of that poor side and take it from me, in a good side (Arsenal ‘98-‘04), he would have been lucky to make the bench.

Let’s see how he gets on at Juve, where it’s all in his favour. Far and away the best side in a very weak league, so he should shine like a star. I suspect that the crowd will be on to him inside 3 months and that he’ll be dropped to the bench. I genuinely hope I’m wrong.

I do admire his attitude this season and that says a lot about his sense of honour. However, don’t delude yourselves that we’re losing a gem, simply because the team is full of deadbeats. He’s bang average at best. Compared to Xhaka, he’s Messi, but compared to Messi, he’s Xhaka.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:46 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Agree with all these points, funny isn't it, its actually more interesting speculating about the future finances etc. than anything football-wise, because we are dull as f*ck, repeat the same sh*t over and over again and have no chance of winning the serious trophies anyway, the football really is becoming irrelevant.

I said a while back that it might be good if we get really sh*t, as crazy as it sounds it might be the only way to shift wiggy, he was happy as Larry when SFB was getting him 4th place every season, the tourists still saw us as a 'big' club and turned up and profits were coming in, now we're losing money, the tourists will soon dwindle away (maybe go to Spuds!) and we'll continue to struggle for profit outside of the CL places.

I am somewhat bemused that the club are continuing with the highly embarrassing corporate named 'operation Saturn' (LOL), how cring worthy is that?, adding 780 more club level seats, this summer I believe, can they honestly fill these up?, I suppose if they're cheap enough, just shows where our priorities lie though.

I don't care how we achieve the clear out of wiggy as long as he takes the tourists and jcls with him. If that means we have to get really shit then I can live with that and it looks like we could well be on track to achieve that.

As for the corporates, I didn't know it was called Op Saturn, well I just googled it to find out the current demand for executive boxes etc and found the following article which wasn't in the Sun so I missed it. We are up against the likes of 'Tom' who stands accused of playing his part in ruining football -

https://sportsvenuebusiness.com/index.p ... ball-club/

The problem is that football has been so gentrified that you can convince that many people to part with their cash in the knowledge that they can attend safetly. Bring back the footy firms and watch them disappear overnight. Anyone got any contacts :rubchin: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:

This is spot on from Jock. The game is up as long as the Kroenkes are involved and the only possible, if remote, hope of getting shot of Stan, is for his investment to shrink.

That will happen as onfield success dwindles further, leading to falling attendances, even if all seats are sold and then falling sales. That impacts the big money coming in from sponsors and advertisers. The Scum, with their shiny new stadium and CL involvement, will draw sponsors and tourists away.

The boys involved in the Wenger out campaign will remember me advocating 2 years ago, that perhaps we ought to move the target to Kroenke, because our docile fans would more readily hound him than they would Wenger. I thought that targeting Kroenke would still see Wenger sacked anyway.

Now we have no choice. A campaign ought to be started to get the parasite out of our Club. Loud in-stadium anti Kroenke chants etc should be encouraged and the atmosphere made toxic. Then urge everyone who attends not to spend even a farthing in the stadium nor in the Armoury. Every penny we can deprive him of will help.

It won’t be a quick fix, as Jock says and might not prove successful at all, but it’s all we’ve got. I’m afraid we need to write the next 5 or 6 years off, regarding onfield ambitions. If he’s still here after that, then the Club is truly done. :(

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Rian1 wrote:
in the end, it was the empty seats that did for the ex-manager.

i was always opposed to leaving Highbury and remain convinced that in my lifetime we will see crowds of under 30,000 ( back to pre Euro 96 levels) even though the bubble has never burst and TV rights continue to inflate salaries - to the point where Mustafi earns five million a year.

if that does happen, wiggy will be long gone.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

markyp wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:58 am
Who'd have thought that this time last year we'd be in a potentially worse position a year later?! To lose Rambo for free is a kick in the nuts,add to that welbeck leaving,throw in the loss of the ox who was bossing it for Liverpool before his injury,gnabry who's a Bayern regular ,cazorla ,sanchez,who are we you going to bring in to replace them and who have we brought in,Torreira,that's it! He is no better than Wilshire except that he hasn't got glass ankles,we have 40m to rebuild,we are fucked,proper fucked,those players mentioned above that each and every one of you slagged off as not good enough for Arsenal what would you give to know they'd be playing for Arsenal next season??I'd love to know our first 11 for the opening game of next season,with the exception of Aubameyang and lacazette we will be a squad on a par with Everton,wolves,Watford,6th place is ours if we fancy it if not mid table here we come! Maybe wenger really was the glue that held us together? One thing for sure is that if Wenger was still boss no way would we be losing Ramsey or welbeck,I think the players don't rate emery,I'm giving him next season,if there's no Improvement then he can fuck off and take his bunch of melts with him.i wanted Wenger out with a passion,we knew it would be a rocky road but the results of late are a disgrace and makes you wonder where we are heading
No we wouldn't, because Wenger would have given Ramsey the 350k pw he was demanding. And probably a massive wage increase for Welbeck as well, even if Wenger was told Welbeck would be out until Christmas. Wenger wasn't, nor ever will be, part of any solution at the club. In fact 90% of this mess is all on him.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 4:44 pm
Rian1 wrote:
in the end, it was the empty seats that did for the ex-manager.

i was always opposed to leaving Highbury and remain convinced that in my lifetime we will see crowds of under 30,000 ( back to pre Euro 96 levels) even though the bubble has never burst and TV rights continue to inflate salaries - to the point where Mustafi earns five million a year.

if that does happen, wiggy will be long gone.
I question your use of the word "earns", unless you mean from the point of view of opposition clubs.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:49 pm
markyp wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:58 am
Who'd have thought that this time last year we'd be in a potentially worse position a year later?! To lose Rambo for free is a kick in the nuts,add to that welbeck leaving,throw in the loss of the ox who was bossing it for Liverpool before his injury,gnabry who's a Bayern regular ,cazorla ,sanchez,who are we you going to bring in to replace them and who have we brought in,Torreira,that's it! He is no better than Wilshire except that he hasn't got glass ankles,we have 40m to rebuild,we are fucked,proper fucked,those players mentioned above that each and every one of you slagged off as not good enough for Arsenal what would you give to know they'd be playing for Arsenal next season??I'd love to know our first 11 for the opening game of next season,with the exception of Aubameyang and lacazette we will be a squad on a par with Everton,wolves,Watford,6th place is ours if we fancy it if not mid table here we come! Maybe wenger really was the glue that held us together? One thing for sure is that if Wenger was still boss no way would we be losing Ramsey or welbeck,I think the players don't rate emery,I'm giving him next season,if there's no Improvement then he can fuck off and take his bunch of melts with him.i wanted Wenger out with a passion,we knew it would be a rocky road but the results of late are a disgrace and makes you wonder where we are heading
No we wouldn't, because Wenger would have given Ramsey the 350k pw he was demanding. And probably a massive wage increase for Welbeck as well, even if Wenger was told Welbeck would be out until Christmas. Wenger wasn't, nor ever will be, part of any solution at the club. In fact 90% of this mess is all on him.

90% that's debatable, I think nearer to 95% is fair.

As for markyp's post I'm not sure I recall people on here getting stuck into Cazorla, Gnabry or even the Ox. Welbs has had his moments but we know he's an honest enough player if a touch injury prone and come to that his deal was not the TOF's choice if I remember correctly. Wasn't that deal done without his knowledge or TOF only wanted him on loan - something like that. As for Sanchez he had worked out that this club under TOF was fucked and did his best to get away. Our only problem was TOF didn't take the £50 - £60M that citeh originally offered and somehow managed to fuck that deal up too and get Mhiki in exchange which was a shit bit of business. As for Ramsey again TOF let a contract run down and left Dick with a shitty decision to make, one which at the end of the day he probably got right. I wouldn't take the lot of them back if it meant a return of TOF - fuck that. As the sensible post above points out TOF was no part of the solution at the club but rather completely responsible for the absolute fucking mess we currently find ourselves in.