Valencia (A) 09/05 20:00 KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Valencia (A) 09/05 20:00 KO

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:57 am
does it matter what standard they are ?

after all our recent "success" has been built on beating mighty Hull City and Aston Villa in FA Cup finals. :D
This isn't the Brexit thread Rob. Quote all the facts not just the ones that suit you. :lol: :wink:

We also beat a superior chav team in an FA Cup final. 8)

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

1-1 :barscarf:

Call me a "super fan" all you like, but I want to win this trophy

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:40 pm

I'm with you mate. I love winning end of. Would be great for Dick.

But also would be great kick in the bollocks for the media and the Sawker AM fanboys if the 2 "greatest ever managers" that have lived (Stupid Teeth and Poxychinos) won nothing after the "greatest season they have ever had" and poor old rubbish struggling Arsenal won a European trophy. :D

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

We'll get through tomorrow....bigging up these Spanish teams is illogical. Valencia are almost 30 points off the side turned inside out and upside down by Liverpool last night.

We aren't great but neither are Valencia. Spanish football in general isn't that great at the moment tbh.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:53 am
We'll get through tomorrow....bigging up these Spanish teams is illogical. Valencia are almost 30 points off the side turned inside out and upside down by Liverpool last night.

We aren't great but neither are Valencia. Spanish football in general isn't that great at the moment tbh.
I thought that Napoli were a better team than Valencia, BUT what does need to be taken into consideration is that our form has absolutely collapsed in the past 2 weeks. it could be very close tomorrow evening.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Well after we snatched a draw against the mighty Brighton and conceding a fuck load of goals recently I can only imagine how high confidence is permeating throughout the squad.

With this in mind I'm going for a narrow defeat or draw.

Or being spanked.

Or us spanking them.

Who fuckin knows.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:00 am
xisstential wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:53 am

I thought that Napoli were a better team than Valencia, BUT what does need to be taken into consideration is that our form has absolutely collapsed in the past 2 weeks. it could be very close tomorrow evening.
No mate, not the last 2 weeks, we have been absolute crap in the PL since the Watford game. We seem to be better in Europe...maybe that's because Emery is more comfortable in that arena??

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:50 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:

I'm with you mate. I love winnung end of. Would be great for Dick.

But also would be great kick in the bollocks for the media and the Sawker AM fanboys if the 2 "greatest ever managers" that have lived (Stupid Teeth and Poxychinos) won nothing after the "greatest season they have ever had" and poor old rubbish struggling Arsenal won a European trophy. :D
Exactly! And IF either the scum or bindippers were to win the CL it would at least cushion the blow considerably! Although I do think spuds will be taken apart tonight :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I'd be amazed if we aren't already one down in this after 15 minutes. Pussies.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

No confidence in us at all can actually see us 2 down before HT

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
CloakedGooner wrote:

Exactly! And IF either the scum or bindippers were to win the CL it would at least cushion the blow considerably! Although I do think spuds will be taken apart tonight :barscarf:

There is no cushioning the effect that the scum winning the CL would have. None. I would gladly give up our three most recent FA cups and a couple of League titles to avoid that happening.

That final would answer the question that didn't needed to be asked in the first place - scum or victims.....no decision.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:26 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
CloakedGooner wrote:

There is no cushioning the effect that the scum winning the CL would have. None. I would gladly give up our three most recent FA cups and a couple of League titles to avoid that happening.

That final would answer the question that didn't needed to be asked in the first place - scum or victims.....no decision.
I would rather us lose 5-0 tomorrow than see the scum in the CL final.
tonight is the important game - tomorrow will just be a bonus.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ahhh losing 5 nil in Europe.....the good ol' days :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:26 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
CloakedGooner wrote:

^^^^^^ THIS !!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:52 pm
Ahhh losing 5 nil in Europe.....the good ol' days :lol:
:lol: :lol: