THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:31 pm
Offside wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:49 am
Almunia is a clown wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:38 pm
All those wankers who constantly supported Wenger over the last decade should hold their heads in shame at what you wished for, keeping your mad professor in power whilst the team & club declined & our rivals caught up & overtook us. :banghead: :banghead:

Hope you're happy tonight all you cúnts who thought one man was more important than the future of a football club. And you had the right to abuse & physically attack anyone who didn't agree with your mad looney cult. :cussing:
Spot on.

Be careful what you wish for...

I don't wish for Spurs to win the Champions League. :cussing:

Also what Klopp is doing with Liverpool, putting them in the thick of a title race with just a few games to go and also competing for the Champions League, is what he could have done here. He was almost begging to be given a Premier League job (as was Guardiola) but oh no, we stuck with Le Boss and we all see how that panned out. :rubchin:
Tbh I'm glad we didn't go with Stupid Teeth. If we had of we would now have 3 less FA Cups in our trophy cabinet.

Stupid Teeth is all bullshit. He's the Comedy Iwobi of management. All show and no substance, all step overs and no final product.

We should have replaced Wenger a decade ago but at no point with Stupid Teeth.
He once did a cameo role on The Muppets.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wenger is a VDGE and should be brought to book for the utter mess he has left us in - he is a fuggin' disgrace and deserves a good shoeing. CeeeeuuunnnT. :cussing:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Don't laugh ,he might just be lying low in case emery leaves and then the king will return !
It will be like the Blues Brothers "I'm getting the team back together" he then can go on a road trip picking up Gilles Grimandi before getting Lord Bendtner,Denilson,Yaya Sonogo,Chamakh,Squallaci Grondin,Jeffers Eboue and Stepanov to roll back the years and challenge for fourth place again !
Fuck me I'd pay top dollar to watch that …………………..except I already do ! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

I wouldn't mind Lord Wenger coming back & inheriting the same squad of players that he had the first time! :barscarf:

Remember that Emery has inherited the exact same playing squad that Wenger used to constantly claim would win the league in the next few years. So no excuses for Emery from Lord Wenger & the AKB's then? :blah:

It's more than obvious that Lord Wenger has left Emery a better playing squad than Wenger inherited. :rubchin:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footb ... years.html

https://talksport.com/football/440274/a ... ne-wenger/

augie

Post by augie »

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:29 pm
I wouldn't mind Lord Wenger coming back & inheriting the same squad of players that he had the first time! :barscarf:

Remember that Emery has inherited the exact same playing squad that Wenger used to constantly claim would win the league in the next few years. So no excuses for Emery from Lord Wenger & the AKB's then? :blah:

It's more than obvious that Lord Wenger has left Emery a better playing squad than Wenger inherited. :rubchin:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footb ... years.html

https://talksport.com/football/440274/a ... ne-wenger/

A quote from that 2014 Daily Telegraph article -

"Arsenal certainly are now in a much stronger position to compete financially with clubs like Chelsea and, in buying Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez, Danny Welbeck and Calum Chambers over the past two summers, have paid the four biggest transfer fees in their history"

So in other words, in the 5 years since, the French cock cleaned out the clubs finances meaning that we are no longer in a position to compete financially with the chavs, and we are now back to buying from car boot sales :roll: :censored: :censored:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

just to cheer you up on the very blue Monday :
EXCLUSIVE Wenger rejects Fulham job for SECOND time this season as they aim to appoint big-name manager despite relegation
they've approached him TWICE, but he thinks the championship is not good enough for him now :lol:

i wouldn't have him at Brentford, no way.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:20 pm
just to cheer you up on the very blue Monday :
EXCLUSIVE Wenger rejects Fulham job for SECOND time this season as they aim to appoint big-name manager despite relegation
they've approached him TWICE, but he thinks the championship is not good enough for him now :lol:

i wouldn't have him at Brentford, no way.

Ah, it warms your heart when you seek a new post on this thread doesn't it :lol:

TOF won't settle for Fulham, he's got his sights set much higher - I read somewhere yesterday that an agent linked to TOF had approached Newcastle to see if they would want him if Rafa buggered off. Probably nothing in it but it made me smile.

Almunia is a clown

His contract ends in June, that's probably why he wouldn't take another position, as he was one of the top paid managers in the league & wanted the same salary or more. :barscarf: Seems not one club really believed he was worth that kind of money despite supposedly turning down the biggest jobs in football every season for many years! :rubchin:

I reckon he'll now take any job that pays well, even if it means Japan or China, he won't be getting a top job either, outside chance of relegation fodder in PL or mid table France or Germany is the best he can hope for. Maybe one of the top Belgian or Swiss clubs? Anything else is beneath him! :barscarf:

Hopefully his new appointment will result in the Arsene FC fans supporting his new club! :box: :cussing:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Have we actually been paying Wenger another £10m or so this season? If we have and he has willingly taken it, then I think that says all you need to know about the man and how much he ''loves the club'' :roll:

I know some will say we would all take it in his position ... but I dont think so. We're not already multi-millionaires in our 70s who never have to work again. Anyone in that position with any sort of gratitude, humility or conscience would walk away for free I'm sure.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Tue May 07, 2019 10:07 am
Seems not one club really believed he was worth that kind of money despite supposedly turning down the biggest jobs in football every season for many years! :rubchin:
and it seems not one club would pay the big wages he though denilson, bentdner etc were worth.

we have literally lost 5 years.

Almunia is a clown

XXXXX to Wenger & the AKB's, he had double the wage bill for players, bigger crowds & commercial income yet they finish above us whilst building a new stadium! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR! BOLLOX! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hope all you Wenger cúnts that supported one man over the club are fúking happy with what your messiah has now achieved! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

augie

Post by augie »

Wed May 08, 2019 9:12 pm
XXXX to Wenger & the AKB's, he had double the wage bill for players, bigger crowds & commercial income yet they finish above us whilst building a new stadium! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR! BOLLOX! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hope all you Wenger cúnts that supported one man over the club are fúking happy with what your messiah has now achieved! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Agree 100% - they have now switch their focus and are using their time to berate emery (just a roundabout way of defending the previous w.anker :roll: )

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wed May 08, 2019 9:12 pm
XXXXX to Wenger & the AKB's, he had double the wage bill for players, bigger crowds & commercial income yet they finish above us whilst building a new stadium! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mate sorry but we cannot use that word in that context. I've deleted it. But agree 100% with your post.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...h ... -new-deal/

:shock:

Came across this on another forum and I know it's old and what not but it would've been interesting to see what Guardiola would have done with us. Could he have done what Klopp has done at Liverpool and turned us into title contenders and CL winners (hopefully) or would he have been as I suspect a cheque book manager like Mourinho just demanding more money?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Interview with the lunatic on bbc sports page, deluded and self centred as ever!