other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by goonersid »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:20 am
It’s all been said already. I was fucking numb last night and still feel numb now. When that goal went in, I literally felt physically sick ! Wasn’t surprised though....once the scum’s second goal went in, it was a dot on the cards. For that final half hour, I was as tense as I’ve been watching the Arsenal in any final, or big game.

Ajax have only themselves to blame. They came out for the second half and sat back. They surrendered the initiative and lost momentum and once the second goal went in, couldn’t get it back. The second 45 from Ajax last night, was like the 90 mins from Barca the previous night.

Liverpool would have steamrollered those Ajax youngsters in the final. They are a big aggressive side who play with power, pace, intensity and a high press. What the scum did to Ajax in both second halves of the tie, but to a much greater degree.

I just fucking hope Klopp’s lot turn up, because the idea of the scum winning the CL is too fucking horrible to even begin to consider. Liverpool have won it 5 times, so winning it again makes little difference in my mind. I can avoid the media hysteria, so meh. If the front wheel skids win it, I don’t think I’ll ever fucking get over it.

Trouble is, anything can happen in a one off and both these teams are capable of beating the other on any given night. Added to it all is the fucking frightening level of luck the scum have had....there’s that creeping, horrifying feeling that it’s meant to be ! I keep trying to tell myself that they must surely have used every ounce of luck up, but that’s desperation talking.

Fuck, this is fucking unbearable. :worried: :worried: :puke: :banghead: :banghead:
I think they’re going to win it, its fucking terrible, as much as I hate the mousers more, theyve won it too many times for one more to matter, but for the spuds to win it would be a historical football achievement, which I doubt we wiill ever manage, can you imagine them teasing us at every NLD for the remainder of time??

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Clash wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:15 am
TeeCee wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:00 am
Easy fellas, lots of panties in a twist!! This is Spurts we're talking about. Come the end of the season they will have won fuck all as usual, Poxychino's will be telling everyone you don't need to win a trophy to be successful (is that you Arsene)?, and Spurts best squad/manager in 60 years will have just scraped finishing above the worst Arsenal squad for nearly 30 years. All of which was expected at the start of the season.

The ironic thing that could happen........I say this believing 100% that we will lose to Valencia by 3 or 4 goals...........is that with the CL final, there will be the two scummiest set of fans converging on Madrid and there will be world war 3 with fans causing havoc and much damage! Who would bet against English clubs being banned from Europe for next season at least?? Would actually be a little funny considering it won't really affect us (Europa cup is a bit embarrassing). :rubchin:
Come on mate, I appreciate you trying to reassure us but this ‘’it’s spurs we’re talking about’’ thing is not working this season. People have been doing that for weeks telling us to calm down but they are ignoring the utter freakishness of this horrific season.

Spurs have lots 13 league games, 5 CL games, 1 FA cup and 1 league cup. That’s 20 (TWENTY) defeats! They’re shit! No doubt about that at all! But they’re still in the CL final ... massively due to the competition being is so badly structured but also down to luck and something unexplainable!

They got past City and Ajax by playing well in just ONE half out of eight over2 legs of both ties.

Logic, reason, the fact that they’re shit and that they are Spurs means nothing this year I’m afraid.
It's like destiny, you listed all the luck they had in one of your earlier posts.......don't forget the 1-1 draw they scraped at Camp Nou against the 2nd string team Barca put out because they had already qualified, that kept them in the comp :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

goonersid wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:13 am
augie wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:55 am
goonersid wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:32 am
xisstential wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:07 am
goonersid wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:52 am
This really is turning into the season from hell, fully expect us to be dumped out tonight, wouldnt be surprised to see Citeh blow it on Sunday, then spuds to be champions of Europe and whilst all this is going on there are still those on here blaming Wenger and Kroenke for Emery being incapable of making any progress whatsoever after a full season in charge, in fact we’ve got progressively worse since Christmas to the point where we blew the chance of 4th place by being unable to beat Palace and Brighton at home.
And before any of the Emerites on here ask who could do a better job with the squad we have? well I’d say just about any of the other top 10 managers in the prem league + Pellegrini and Benitez, and for good measure I’d add Wenger (prior to last seasons meltdown) to that list.
Last season?!?! He spent 20 years traipsing us through Europe and humiliated us continually in the past DECADE!! If Wenger came back, with the squad we have, the one he actually created, he would eventually get us relegated
Im not suggesting for one minute that he should come back, merely highlighting that Emery is even worse!
The european defeats under wenger were in clge, embarrassing as they were, they werent against europa lge 5th rate opposition!
Emery is clueless and with Kroenke unwilling to invest its all the more imperative that we have someone capable of getting the best from a limited squad

Then pick up the phone and call arsene - after all he has history of getting the best out of arshavin/the ox/ramsey/ozil/gnarby (they are just a few that I can think of straight away) :roll: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :banghead: It should be noted that he is the reason why our squad is so limited/shit
I’d pick it up and take a chance on a manager who is showing promise at another premier league team, Everton, Wolves? Both have improved as the season has gone on, with weaker squads than us.
I dont see any point in continuing with a manager who seems to be taking us backwards
he is not though is he ?
already Emery has more points with this pathetic squad than last season, and tonight may well take us into a first European final in 13 years.
all this and he hasn't had a chance to bring in hardly any players that he wants yet.

the trouble is that he is not going to get the money he needs to spend to rebuild the side, but that would be the case for any manager we appoint.
you are focusing on the wrong person here. Just aim all anger at STAN KROENKE!!!! KROENKE OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Theoperator wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:40 am
If we exit the EU before the CL final does that mean no British teams can compete in it anymore? Maybe even Rob would consider it a good idea then :oops:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
shouldn't you be happy that there are TWO ENGLISH sides in the final ! :rubchin:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

goonersid wrote:
This really is turning into the season from hell, fully expect us to be dumped out tonight, wouldnt be surprised to see Citeh blow it on Sunday, then spuds to be champions of Europe and whilst all this is going on there are still those on here blaming Wenger and Kroenke for Emery being incapable of making any progress whatsoever after a full season in charge, in fact we’ve got progressively worse since Christmas to the point where we blew the chance of 4th place by being unable to beat Palace and Brighton at home.
And before any of the Emerites on here ask who could do a better job with the squad we have? well I’d say just about any of the other top 10 managers in the prem league + Pellegrini and Benitez, and for good measure I’d add Wenger (prior to last seasons meltdown) to that list.
I had the same feeling last night about 2 minutes after the whistle went. In a week of amazing comebacks, we're the only english club that won a 1st leg tie. We're going to fuck it up tonight. I'm genuinely in fear of watching it tonight. I honestly cannot remember ever fearing Arsenal fucking up a semi-final in my lifetime. I feel sick :puke:

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:22 am
Fuck. Me. :censored:

It's real. It actually happened twice in 24 hours. Is it the fucking end times or something? I hope so.

My throat hurts from screaming "blow your fucking whistle you fucking cùnt" at the telly last night.

Despite what modern football fan Bob says I will continue to fucking hate the classless filth that are Liverpool FC. And yes I will be cheering them on like a lunatic when they face the scum in the final. I'll dislike and hate Stupid Teeth until the day I die but I hope he destroys the vermin. Not sure why that is so difficult for the "enlightened" hipster modern fan to understand but really don't give a fuck either. These are the same people that think the CL is a great competition. Despite the fact that it is overblown bloated and mostly boring. Despite the fact that two teams that have never won the alleged qualifying comps in their own country are now in the final of the "champions" league. Two teams that last won any kind of league title 28 years and 57 years ago ffs. It's devalued as a competition and a complete joke.

Football is tribal - despite what some modern fans with middle class aspirations think. I hate the scum more than any other club so as one properly enlightened and genuine football fan said above "my enemy's enemy is my friend". At least for those 90 minutes. 8)

My fear though is this final is now for all intents and purposes a PL match between two teams that can be good on their day but equally be ropey as fuck at the drop of a hat. Both are capable of beating the other or losing to the other.

Then you add on the Stupid Teeth factor. A man whose only world record set in football is losing 6 of 7 finals. We cannot overstate this goofy cùnt's ability to bottle the big occasion. I have a terrible terrible feeling the Orthodontic Allergic fucktard is going to set a new world record..... 7 losses in 8 finals.... and that thought is fucking simply unbearable.

:puke:

One thing though. With cheating diving cùnts like Stupid Eyebrows, Son, Rose, Salah, etc on the pitch it's going to be an embarrassing advert for the beautiful game. :roll: :censored:
This "modern football fan" saw his first Arsenal match in March 1966. As a kid of 10 went to every home match the first, great Arsenal double side played, standing on the clock end (and saw most of the away games in that FA cup run). Very rarely missed a home game for 50 years until 2009, when I stopped going, partly because of Wenger but mainly because I couldn't recognise my club. Part of the reason is that it had been socially engineered. Regularly attended away games in my 20s and early 30s, when I could afford to. Helped lead the campaign against David Dein's Bond scheme, and the abolition of terraces in the early 90s. You don't need to give me lectures about football being tribal. But I repeat that anyone who slags off this impressive Liverpool side, suggests they are not worth a place in the final and then 24 hours later starts wanting them to win simply because of who they are playing is a hypocrite, end of.

Perhaps I've grown up, perhaps I just see the world differently. I accept I may have changed my outlook. But I also know I don't regret the years I devoted to following Arsenal as it was. But unless you are King Canute (no clever puns needed) you can't turn back the tide. My advice would be to just chill and find something else to focus on over the next three weeks. Even the EU elections.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Thu May 09, 2019 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:36 am
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Last season?!?! He spent 20 years traipsing us through Europe and humiliated us continually in the past DECADE!! If Wenger came back, with the squad we have, the one he actually created, he would eventually get us relegated
Im not suggesting for one minute that he should come back, merely highlighting that Emery is even worse!
The european defeats under wenger were in clge, embarrassing as they were, they werent against europa lge 5th rate opposition!
Emery is clueless and with Kroenke unwilling to invest its all the more imperative that we have someone capable of getting the best from a limited squad

Then pick up the phone and call arsene - after all he has history of getting the best out of arshavin/the ox/ramsey/ozil/gnarby (they are just a few that I can think of straight away) :roll: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :banghead: It should be noted that he is the reason why our squad is so limited/shit
I’d pick it up and take a chance on a manager who is showing promise at another premier league team, Everton, Wolves? Both have improved as the season has gone on, with weaker squads than us.
I dont see any point in continuing with a manager who seems to be taking us backwards
he is not though is he ?
already Emery has more points with this pathetic squad than last season, and tonight may well take us into a first European final in 13 years.
all this and he hasn't had a chance to bring in hardly any players that he wants yet.

the trouble is that he is not going to get the money he needs to spend to rebuild the side, but that would be the case for any manager we appoint.
you are focusing on the wrong person here. Just aim all anger at STAN KROENKE!!!! KROENKE OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the man's first year in English football.

how many players have we had that has had a shit first season and then blossomed. why can't this be the same for the manager?

as said above he has us in the position of our first European final in 13 years with mostly dross he inherited.

after the Wenger shitstorm we have to give a manager at least two season to try to sort it out

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:36 am
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
xisstential wrote:

he is not though is he ?

So Rob, youre judging progress on a couple of points better than Wengers sacking season, yet worse than any other season under Wenger?? And reaching the Semi final of the europa lge? just as we did last year! So if and as I believe when, we get turned over by lesser opposition than last season, despite the addition of 5 players to the squad, you will still class this season as progress?
I know Kroenke’s a *word censored* and I too want him out, but he can’t be blamed for Emerys shortcomings as a motivator, tactician and coach!

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

I told you the *word censored* would do it. So so much luck in every game. It doesn’t add up. There name is on the trophy by hook or by crook and my belief is the latter. It just smells wrong. Struggling to finance stadium or get a sponsor and their dirty owner not being able to fund directly due to FFP...what better than a champions league win and all the money and publicity that brings to help fund it. I sense a Marseille situation here. VAR constantly in their favour, inexplicable injury time, 96th minute winners. It’s not right.

The *word censored* are gonna win it and I feel physically sick.

Last night I checked score at 20 mins saw one nil then HT and saw 2-nil on BBC live updates page.

I vowed not to look again till FT. I saw 2nd half kicked of at 9.06. So I looked again after what was 95 mins by my timing thinking it must be done. I saw score was 2-2 and still going. Felt even sicker. Last update showed Llorente heading over in 90+5 mins. I thought thank fuck the ref will blow on the resulting goal kick. Then I see next update saying the Ajax keeper been booked for time wasting. Brainless moron I thought, that means ref won’t blow up when the ball is in the air for the goal kick and will add more time on because of the booking. He would surely have blown had the keeper not wasted time as it was 96th minute. Next update I see the dreaded blue of a goal. Dropped my phone you have to facking joking. Refreshed to see if VAR but no. Devils luck goal in 96th minute when there shouldn’t have been that much injury time. Felt physically sick.

It’s all you *word censored* on here gloating at HT and jinxing it just like after sterling’s goal in the last round. Won’t we all learn?do not gloat until it’s official. It was bound to bite us in the bum crowingabout itat HT, you all tempted fate and now the *word censored* are gonna win it and that’s it for me if they do. Football can F off.

Also it shows how shot European football in general is. Ajax have some good players but we’re nothing special. They beat seriously in decline Juve and Bayern.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Just woke up...nope not a dream it really did happen.
Funnily enough I’m not one of those Scouse hating people. For me they have a very good team and Manager and 48 hours ago them getting to the Final really wasn’t an issue for me. But last night was all my nightmares come true. Trying to explain to my wife why I yelled NOOOOOOOOOO in the 95th minute when Arsenal weren’t even playing.....after 30 years of marriage I thought she understood but clearly not.
So there we have it, weeks of Spuds this and Spuds that shit. I for one will have no problem supporting Liverpool. It can’t happen. Life will be totally and utterly unbearable if this nightmare comes true.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:53 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

It's real. It actually happened twice in 24 hours. Is it the fucking end times or something? I hope so.

My throat hurts from screaming "blow your fucking whistle you fucking cùnt" at the telly last night.

Despite what modern football fan Bob says I will continue to fucking hate the classless filth that are Liverpool FC. And yes I will be cheering them on like a lunatic when they face the scum in the final. I'll dislike and hate Stupid Teeth until the day I die but I hope he destroys the vermin. Not sure why that is so difficult for the "enlightened" hipster modern fan to understand but really don't give a fuck either. These are the same people that think the CL is a great competition. Despite the fact that it is overblown bloated and mostly boring. Despite the fact that two teams that have never won the alleged qualifying comps in their own country are now in the final of the "champions" league. Two teams that last won any kind of league title 28 years and 57 years ago ffs. It's devalued as a competition and a complete joke.

Football is tribal - despite what some modern fans with middle class aspirations think. I hate the scum more than any other club so as one properly enlightened and genuine football fan said above "my enemy's enemy is my friend". At least for those 90 minutes. 8)

My fear though is this final is now for all intents and purposes a PL match between two teams that can be good on their day but equally be ropey as fuck at the drop of a hat. Both are capable of beating the other or losing to the other.

Then you add on the Stupid Teeth factor. A man whose only world record set in football is losing 6 of 7 finals. We cannot overstate this goofy cùnt's ability to bottle the big occasion. I have a terrible terrible feeling the Orthodontic Allergic fucktard is going to set a new world record..... 7 losses in 8 finals.... and that thought is fucking simply unbearable.

One thing though. With cheating diving cùnts like Stupid Eyebrows, Son, Rose, Salah, etc on the pitch it's going to be an embarrassing advert for the beautiful game. :roll: :censored:
This "modern football fan" saw his first Arsenal match in March 1966. As a kid of 10 went to every home match the first, great Arsenal double side played, standing on the clock end (and saw most of the away games in that FA cup run). Very rarely missed a home game for 50 years until 2009, when I stopped going, partly because of Wenger but mainly because I couldn't recognise my club. Part of the reason is that it had been socially engineered. Regularly attended away games in my 20s and early 30s, when I could afford to. Helped lead the campaign against David Dein's Bond scheme, and the abolition of terraces in the early 90s. You don't need to give me lectures about football being tribal. But I repeat that anyone who slags off this impressive Liverpool side, suggests they are not worth a place in the final and then 24 hours later starts wanting them to win simply because of who they are playing is a hypocrite, end of.

Perhaps I've grown up, perhaps I just see the world differently. I accept I may have changed my outlook. But I also know I don't regret the years I devoted to following Arsenal as it was. But unless you are King Canute (no clever puns needed) you can't turn back the tide. My advice would be to just chill and find something else to focus on over the next three weeks. Even the EU elections.
I think you need to look up the definition of hypocrisy tbh, because that isn't it :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
xisstential wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa - for starters silva was a matter of days away from being sacked a few months ago, and secondly wolves have been far more active and have spent far more money that we have. Even the loan transfer market business that wolves have done is streets ahead cos of their inside links with the portugese agent - that isn't me complaining about unfair advantage cos I feel that they are dead right to do it, but I am merely stating that dick has had nowhere near the same resources that they have

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:40 am
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa - for starters silva was a matter of days away from being sacked a few months ago, and secondly wolves have been far more active and have spent far more money that we have. Even the loan transfer market business that wolves have done is streets ahead cos of their inside links with the portugese agent - that isn't me complaining about unfair advantage cos I feel that they are dead right to do it, but I am merely stating that dick has had nowhere near the same resources that they have
Exactly Augie Silva was on the brink of the sack, because even a club like Everton wont fiddle while Rome burns, but he has turned it around in the second half of the season and now has them playing his way and is reaping the rewards , whereas no one yet knows what Emery’s style or plan is, other than “ get to halftime then try to sort it out” So yes Silva would be a better punt than sticking with the clueless Emery!
As for Wolves, once again you are basing your whole defence of Emery on resources! Stop for one minute and judge him as a coach and a manager!!

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:53 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Perhaps I've grown up, perhaps I just see the world differently. I accept I may have changed my outlook. But I also know I don't regret the years I devoted to following Arsenal as it was. But, like King Canute, (no clever puns needed) you can't turn back the tide. My advice would be to just chill and find something else to focus on over the next three weeks. Even the EU elections.

augie

Post by augie »

So sid what you are saying is that it is better to start shit and have a good run of form near the end, than to put together a brilliant unbeaten run at the start and fall away at the end, regardless of who finishes higher in the table ??