Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Someone had to start the thread. 😂😂

mcdowell42

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chavs May 29th

Post by mcdowell42 »

69,000 capacity stadium.
6,000 tickets for Arsenal
6,000 tickets for Chelsea
57,000 tickets for @UEFA

Via Arsenal. Com

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

on the whole should cech play question. did anyone see his BT interview?

I'm nearly sure he said it's going to a great ending of his career playing against his next team.

Keown butted in at the end of his sentence so not fully sure that's what he said but it sure sounded like it.

he cannot play in the final

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:35 pm
69,000 capacity stadium.
57,000 tickets for @UEFA

Via Arsenal. Com
UEFA crooks
Plus a £1k return flight :shock:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:14 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:35 pm
69,000 capacity stadium.
57,000 tickets for @UEFA

Via Arsenal. Com
UEFA crooks
Plus a £1k return flight :shock:
Fly to Moscow or Berlin first.

500 notes.

But no way should Dick risk our CL qualification on the 2nd place keeper.

Club before Player. That’s The Arsenal Way no player is bigger than the club.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

I'd completely overlooked this, but an article on the BBC Sport site just mentioned that the winners of this play in the Super Cup on August 14 too. It's being held in Istanbul, so another long trip for the winners.

So there could be a NLD in the Super Cup, but hopefully it'll be Arsenal/Pool over there instead. In any event, it's also guaranteed to be an all-English tie. There hasn't been an English winner since 2005 when Pool won it.

Anyone else there for the 1995 game(s) against AC Milan? I was at the home leg, and remember it only for Merson's return from drug rehab (he was subbed on IIRC), and Wrighty's ridiculous run through the entire Milan side - think he ended up hitting the bar?

Never saw the away leg, but wasn't really surprised when we lost 2-0. Especially in the 94/95 season, when even Sheff Weds and the likes were turning us over 3-1 every other week.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:10 pm
on the whole should cech play question. did anyone see his BT interview?

I'm nearly sure he said it's going to a great ending of his career playing against his next team.

Keown butted in at the end of his sentence so not fully sure that's what he said but it sure sounded like it.

he cannot play in the final
He absolutely 100% shouldn't play in the final.Emery should take him to the side and say "thanks for your efforts ya fuckin useless fuckin years past it fuckin fannybulge now be a good chap and fuck the fuckity fuck off" 8)

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

We had good support in Milan for the Super Cup final 2nd leg, about 4k official in away end plus another 2.5k on the side top tier posh seats. The crowd was low under 40K from what I remember. Their fans were buying us drinks before the game for going all the way there, some of us got free grub & beer in restaurants. :barscarf:

The ground looked good but was falling apart with crumbling concrete & shite facilties. Some of us went to Switzerland to go skiing & had a great weekend. :barscarf: It was the first game in Europe I ever went by plane, before that it used to be train & ferry or car / coach trips! :cussing:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Cech is leaving after this year so we dont run any risk of offending him by not playing him. Playing Cech would be such a Wenger thing to do.

I liked todays team, Monreal in the back 3 with Kos and Sokratis with Kolesinac and AMN as wingbacks. Pick the same time to play Chelsea. Laca and PEA both have to start.

DB10GOONER

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gonna sticky this one too. Lads please keep this thread for team / player / match comments and the travel thread for travel stuff.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

None of Kryten Features, Comedy Fucking Two Arses, Mustafalaugh or fucking Xhakatard can be allowed to start this final - and God forbid they ALL start.... :shock: :x

But Kryten Features especially cannot be allowed to play. Fuck that. He is waaaaay over the hill. I swear he is still diving for one of those shots last night. Watching him trying to get down to low shots is like watching the fucking bullet-cam in The Matrix ffs. :roll: Also he is a chav cùnt through and through and is indeed fucking off to work for the cùnts at seasons end.

Drop him Dick. DROP HIM. :box:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

My feeling is that Cech will play which I also feel is unfair on Leno. Leno has had to stand behind a defence in the PL which has been both chaotic and shambolic at times...a lot of the time actually. He hasn't had game after game with howlers where he has cost us games either.

Cech on the other hand has played in a team that really deserves to be in the final and it would be a gigantic leap to suggest we got there because of him....even with his help (what has he really done???)

He shouldn't play, his heart is at Stamford Bridge, always has been. And who cares if we offend him, whether he's leaving or not. Send him to Turf Moor on Sunday....let his last game for us be a torrid, chaotic, panic stricken afternoon. Let him take that memory with him back to Chavdom.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Tbh I'm 50/50 on whether Dick will play him. Part of me thinks Dick is no fool. The chance to deliver a major trophy in the first season in his new high profile job? He'll pick his best keeper.

But part of me thinks he'll just put the chav box head in out of some misplaced personal loyalty to the player..... if he does that then it is a major black mark on Dick's record for me.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:23 am
Tbh I'm 50/50 on whether Dick will play him. Part of me thinks Dick is no fool. The chance to deliver a major trophy in the first season in his new high profile job? He'll pick his best keeper.

But part of me thinks he'll just put the chav box head in out of some misplaced personal loyalty to the player..... if he does that then it is a major black mark on Dick's record for me.
Maybe...hopefully..... Xhaka will start though...you can take that to the bank.

Iwobi wasn't spotted last night...maybe Dick's seen the light....Please God

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

[quote=DB10GOONER post_id=1114527 time=1557469383 user_id=618]

[/quote]

Emery knew the season was on the line in this tie, yet still played Cech, if he was going to change things then last night was the time. Every time there was a danger in our area, Cech went for the ball like a snail and when diving, went down in installments. Imagine Cech ruins our CL chances, then fucks off to Chelsea. Emery is admitting he isn't 100% committed to winning if he plays Cech but we all know it will happen :roll: